Evoma

#14, Bhattarahalli, Old Madras Road, Near Garden City College, KR Puram, Bangalore, Karnataka, 56006
Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

More about Bangalore

Sai Baba's gafSai Baba's gaf

moving to Bangalore

by DebbieBG

Hi, we are relocating to Bangalore some time in the new year. We will need to find a primary school and nursery place for our kids, along with accommodation. It would be great to chat to only one who has been through it, to find out how it was and how they are finding life in India?

by chesirecat

HI,
I'm from Bangalore, and any time you both are in need of friends I'll be more than glad to help you.
Please write to me @ chesirecat@VTmail.com

love,
PS

by DebbieBG

Thanks for your reply. How come you are in Bangalore? Can you tell me about the place and anything about the schools and areas that are OK to to find accommation?

by SunilMandowra

Hiiiiiiii
this is sunil from Banglore
you can take accomodation in (1)Kormagla , (2) BTM layout,(3) jayanagar or (4) JP nagar
all are good areas to live and there are no. of good school also

please fell free to mail me for any help
sunil_mandowra@rediffmail.com

Welcome in Banglore

Regards
Sunil

Re: Re: moving to Bangalore

by chesirecat

hi debbie...If you don't mind please call me..debbie, I do not want to disclose my name on board for security reasons.

PS

by RubiRed

Hi Debbie,
Myself and my young family (wife and two kids) are also in the process of relocating out to Bangalore from London. I have the same questions as yourself so would be keen to liaise with you on these.

Let me know if you're interested.

Rgds
Rubi

by KChellappa

Hi,

Can you please share the info you gathered regarding schools in Bangalore? We are relocating from US to Bangalore by June/July 2005 and hoping to gain some insights into the overall process, tips etc. Any info you can pass on would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

RE: RE: moving to Bangalore

by indiaindig

Hi

I relocated with husband and children in October 2004. The transition was tough at times but we love it and our children are very happy here. Do get moving quickly in terms of research on schools and nurseries. Bangalore is growing quickly and places are at a premium in best schools etc.

Good luck!

Travel Tips for Bangalore

Temple etiquette

by abi_maha

If you are visiting any of the temples, please leave your footwear well outside the temple(most temples have designated places for the same), wash your feet and only then enter the temple.
We pay our obeisance by bowing to the deity, and we believe it is disrespectful to show one's back to the deity.
We walk around the deity thrice as we pray for proposerity but always circle the god from left to right and not the other way round.
Some edible food/sweet is given away as 'prashadham' which is food offered to the god and later distributed to the worshippers in the belief that god has tasted that food. So if you do not wish to eat the same, please do not collect it at all. Do not throw away the same as it is quite shocking for us to see something like that!
Always ask for permission before getting to closwe to the deity, it is allowed in some temples, but others, mostly in the south do not permit us touching the deity
Do not carry water bottles into Jain temples. They do not allow the same in.

If you're looking for a great brunch

by Doggins about Juice Junction

Juice Junction - located on Residency Road (there are actually 2 close to each other, I went to the one closest to Hayes Road)

The grilled sandwiches here are THE BEST
consisting of 3 slices of bread, some green chutney, potato, capsicum and tomato & ketchup

It's like there is a party in your mouth and everyone is invited!

I can't remember exactly but I think they're around 20 rupees or so (less than $1 dollar)

Oh, and try the watermelon juice.

Nandi Temple

by Willettsworld

One of Bangalore main attractions, this temple is exclusively used for the worship of the sacred bull in Hinduism, known as Nandi, Lord Shiva's vahana, or animal mount. The word "Nandi" means "joyful" in the Sanskrit language.

The temple was built in 1537 by a local ruler under the Vijayanagara empire in the Vijayanagara architectural style. The ruler, a feudatory chief named Kempe Gowda, also founded the city of Bangalore. The temple is named after the large granite Nandi monolith placed on a plinth in the temple shrine (garbhagriha) which has become blackened from years of being rubbed with charcoal and oil. It is believed to be the largest Nandi murthis in the world with a height of approximately 15 ft (4.6 m) and a length of approximately 20 feet (6.1 m). The temple is a small one, consisting only of the shrine fronted by a porch in the Vijayanagara style. The current tower over the shrine was constructed in the early 20th century and is adorned with Saivite figures and motifs.

Comments