Hotel Chalukya

More about Bangalore

J.C. Road, BangaloreJ.C. Road, Bangalore

HELP! family Moving to Bangalore OWC

by nancylyla

My husband, two small children and myself are heading to Bangalore on June 13 for a "look-see" visit. I need all the guidence I can get. If you or anyone you know is part of the OWC, please contact me. I would like to attend the OWC meeting on June 14 if their having it. We still don't have a place to stay for our time there; which will be 28 days. I need a 2 or 3 bedroom villa or apartment in a good part of town. What are the good parts of town? I really would love to meet some nice couples with small children as well. I'm also worried about taking my 6 month old and 2 year old during the moonsoon season. What are the health threats for them? Please respond if you can help me in anyway.

Nancy

RE: HELP! family Moving to Bangalore OWC

by ANZAR

Hi nancy
Great to knbow, u are coming down. Lemme know, which part of Indian are u planning to visit? Also What does OWC, mean? Do write to my email id for further info
anzar_a@hotmail.com
Anz

Travel Tips for Bangalore

Touching Feet with Your Own Feet is a No-No

by Rebeccaredhead

I'm not sure why (if anyone knows, please tell me) but if you accidentally touch your foot against another person's foot, they put their hand to their mouth (in a fist shape) and cross their mouth. They also mumble something under their breath. I've also had this happen when a friend and I were talking, and a Bangalorean friend interrupted our conversation, he said "Sorry" and crossed his mouth and mumbled something.

Huge range

by Doggins about Koshys

Koshy's is a huge restaurant, located on St Marks Road (or walk to the end of Church St if coming from Brigade Road)

Popular with western tourists as the menu offers just about everything, including steak which is relatively hard to find in India.
I had a curry and it was OK, but definitely not the best

I'd read a lot of reviews on VT so I thought I shouldn't miss it. Unfortunately I was a little disappointed, the food was good, but not great... and a little pricey!

The waiter was great though, he chatted to me about his family and his daily routine (after lunch, picks his kids up from school, goes home for a little while, goes back for the dinner shift, after dinner goes home and watches the football) He has been working there for 30 years!

So anyway, go there, but don't sweat if you miss out

See in and around Bangalore

by Kumarjit

Here I've shown you some of the most important roads of the city. These are beautiful areas with lots of important offices and organisations as well as well as spectacular shopping malls.

This is Anil Kumble Circle, the crossing or the meeting point of Kasturba Road and M.G. Road. The area has beautiful surroundings with the cricket stadium on one side.

This is Jayanagar 4th block, the area that's favourite with the people in the southern part of the city for shopping. Jayanagar has lots of stores and complexes of various kinds which caters to the needs of different types of customers. You can even find some international cafeterias here - KFC, Subway, Pizza Hut, Barista. I love the KFC in Jayanagar.

Another picture of Jayanagar 4th block.

This is Brigade Road Circle, the intersection of Brigade Road and Residency Road. It's an important business disitrict in the city and is a paradise for people who love to shop till they drop!

A very important business disrtict and a beautiful place in Bangalore is St. Mark's Road. The clean road and the colourful shops and complexes give it a very attractive look.

This i9s an apartment in Koaramangala, one of the prime locations of Bangalore. The most important thing about this place is that it's an important business district as well as a wonderful residential area. While in Bangalore, I used to visit Koramangala every now and then, both for my work and shopping.

Comments