Lake View Residences

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 27% less and rated 11% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Bangalore

Vidhana SoudhaVidhana Soudha

Le Meridien or Taj Residency hotel?

by FCD

I'll be traveling to bangalore in 2 weeks on business, and will be staying for a month, with a choice to stay at either the Le Meridien, or Taj Residency. Both seem to be 5 star, but I don't know which would be better as the Taj seems to be right in the city center. please let me know, as I have to confirm my reservations. Thanks.

Re: Le Meridien or Taj Residency hotel?

by radz

Taj Residency near Airport.Le Meridien is downtown area,near city centre.

Re: Le Meridien or Taj Residency hotel?

by Bladesman

I have stayed at neither of these hotels in Bangalore so I cannot recomend either.

I have stayed at both in diferent cities and The Taj Group are a little better.

Last year I was in Bangalore for a few days and stayed at The Bangalore International by the racecourse.

This is, I would think, a 4* with excellent food and service.

The massive plus with this hotel is however the price of the Penthouse Suite. For little more than US$60 we had superb accomodation including our own large roof garden.

Should you like horseracing (I don't) there are perfect views of the racecourse from the rooms.

Travel Tips for Bangalore

Indian Astrology for those who believe in it

by cochinjew

On the third of my birth, a local pundit in Malacca drew up a astrological chart for me which was lost for years and suddenly has surfaced. the fact that they could predict then that i would become a traveller ( not the asian concept of travelling somewhere to migrate or work), interested me. so i went to the local Pundit, an erudite man with wide ranging interests and had a further read on the chart and comparing it with the chart he drew up of my friend born in Arras, France. I work for american indians so i live in their world of magic and symbolism so it was not too difficult to be drawn into the science of astrology. about 60 percent of the readings of the past of my friend were true, the fact that an indian pundit living in bangalore can predict discords and achievements of a person born in a distant land is in itself marvellous. I left completely satisfied with the reading and the question and answer session with the Pundit.
For Foreigners visiting Bangalore, if you wish to have a reading done on your astrological chart by the Pundit, let me know, I will put you in touch with him. Please bring with you the exact time of your birth and also the longitude and altitude (find it from an atlas) of the place of your birth. it takes him a couple of days to prepare and about one hour and half to explain.

I tremendoulsy enjoyed my interaction with the Pundit who is well versed in a lot of the para Hindu psychology and ritualism.

Don't leave hungry

by bradbeaman about Barbeque Nation

You grill the starters at your table with a drop in grill inserted right in the table. It costs 400 rupees per head and comes to Rs 450 with tax.

This picture is just of my starter. Next is the buffet and desert bar. Chicken Kababs

What people tend to miss !!!!!

by porky7772000

That's what you need to contact me for ...! ( nikhil_p73@yahoo.com )
well, usually people tend to miss out a lot of stuff while on tour...well when you are in bangalore help is on the hand !

Manchinabelle, Shivagange, Lakshmi Temple at Goroor, Devarayanadurga, Meke Daatu ( goat's leap ), Pearl Valley, some private farms in the outskirts, and all those Dhaba's again !!! now..most people miss me too !!!

Beware !
Autos people autos !!!
these guys exploit tourists...there are hardly few tourists who don't vouch by my words.

problems are only seen with travel related cases otherwise there should be no area where people could cheat...leave all those thieves and goons....depends on your safety precautions.

but still always travel in areas where you find people, especially while taking walks.

Comments