Bangalore Hotels

Our Members Say

• PierreZA profile photo PierreZA
  • Reviews: 1069

Justa, The Residence Off MG Road: Excellent small hotel

I had a very nice stay at this hotel. The hotel has excellent staff. They are there to assist you, but never intrusive.
The location is great, walking distance from MG Rd and very close to the new 1 MG Rd Mall. But, more imortant, it is away from all the noise.
The room i had was very big, with a dining area, sitting area, kitchenette, and good bathroom. Great value for money.
Free wi-fi in room.
I enjoyed the breakfast on the roof terrace.
I would gladly reccomend this hotel.

Great service and very friendly staff.

• Written January 20, 2014

• bungi333 profile photo bungi333
  • Reviews: 96

Roxel Inn - Frazer Town: Easy Access to the Core of the City

This is place is quite clean, comfortable, and not too expensive.

The location is perfect too. It is just about 5-6 kilometers from Commercial Street, MG Road, etc. And just about a couple of kilometers from Bangalore Cantonment Railway Station.

It is a serviced apartment. So you have access to the kitchen if you want to cook your own food, or make your own coffee. They usually serve a simple breakfast which is on the house. Besides, there a number of restaurants within walking distance from this place.

The staff is helpful, friendly, and trustworthy.

However, i would recommend that you book in advance by call and email. And confirm your booking a day before you arrive. We've had to wait a couple of times to get our room as the previous tenants didn't leave at the expected time.

Each room costs around INR 1750 per night.

This place is very safe for women travellers.

• Related to: Women's Travel, Business Travel
  • Written May 24, 2011

• portlanddave profile photo portlanddave
  • Reviews: 5

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Ajanta: Hotel Ajanta in Bangalore.

We were just in Bangalore for a few days. We stayed at Hotel Ajanta on MG Road. This ended up being a great location, close to Cubbon park, Brigade road, Commercial street, Nasa for drinks, etc.

This Hotel was good for the price, 770 rupees for a double room.

Have fun, and dont forget to eat at Nargajuna and Mavalli Tiffin Rooms. and Koshy's too!

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written January 1, 2010

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Citizen Lodge: OK if you like cobwebs

This place is located on the other side of the parade ground from MG road, near St Andrew's Church. I had a "deluxe" double room which was large with a good sized double bed, 2 chairs, 2 bedside tables, table, mirror, large TV and ceiling fan. The walls were a bit shabby but the bathroom was even worse with lots of cobwebs, holes where previous light fittings used to be and only luke-warm water in the shower. The whole of the electrics in my block were dodgy and kept going out a couple of times. All of this cost me Rs750/night which just wasn't worth it but then this is Bangalore and rooms aren't as cheap here as elsewhere. The single rooms are minute with really small beds. Not a great option.....

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written September 20, 2009
Tip Photo

• abi_maha profile photo abi_maha
  • Reviews: 581

Pai Viceroy: Jayanagar's Best

It is located in a central business district flanked by the Jayanagar Shopping Complex to one side and nice residential colonies to the other. Neat, clean rooms and a small party hall to boot, this place is ideal if you are on work in South Bangalore

• Written February 4, 2009
Tip Photo

• vpas profile photo vpas
  • Reviews: 728

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Melange: good serviced apartment centrally located

I enjoyed staying at The Melange.It is centrally located,clean and well furnished.

It is within walkable distance from Brigade road and easy to locate.the apartments are spacious and well ventilated.the service is good.the kitchen is well equipped.it is safe and convinient

• Written January 11, 2009

• emmasmith2008 profile photo emmasmith2008

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Vivanta By Taj: Refreshing new look of a Taj Hotel !

I never stop to write reviews, but my friends always discuss places they visit and reviews they post !

I am currently staying at Vivanta, the new Taj Hotel in whitefield bangalore. It is by far the best hotel I have seen in Asia. The architecture, Room and Lobby design is so refreshingly different and exciting....this place is a photographers paradise !

The Hotel is situated walking distance from my office in ITPB, which makes it a very safe place to stay in ! The people and service are warm and freindly, not formal and over you like in other 5 star hotels. I usually stay at Leela as it is the closest to my office. I'm glad I'm trying Vivanta. it;s beautiful, warm, nice....

My room has a place where i can attach my laptop, camera, ipod every gadget i carry to the nice big LCD TV! The cutest part of my room is the Shower and closet area !
Sorry I dont have photos to upload...but you can check thier website www.tajhotels.com that' s where I booked my room too !

• Related to: Architecture, Spa and Resort, Business Travel
  • Written December 20, 2008

My Room

• nav_jewel profile photo nav_jewel
  • Reviews: 7

Youth Hostels, Bangalore: The hosteller's paradise

yes, yhai is safe. You can take a prepaid auto (3 wheeled rickshaw) from the airport at that time and ask for behind Cant. Railway Station

They charge very low, $1.5 for a dorm

Inexpensive, almost close to downtown

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written March 21, 2008

• sastry profile photo sastry

LOGIN: Bangalore Serviced Apartments

Nice stay in a small service apartment with good facilities and run well.

Home like ambiance.

Recommended for budget tourists

Inexpensive and close to Business Districts, Shopping Malls and interesting city areas

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel, Work Abroad
  • Written November 20, 2007

Entrance Hall

• castorp75 profile photo castorp75
  • Reviews: 43

Hotel Ajantha: Cheap and good value budget hotel

It is a cheap budget hotel in the center of the city (MG Road). It was convenient for us because we arrived late in the afternoon, and the next day we had to leave in the morning to catch our plane back to Delhi.
It was pretty good value for the 750.- Rs. we paid for the double room. The room was relatively clean, though the attached bathroom was not well-equipped (they had a western type toilet but didn't have 24-hour hot water, only in the morning.) The room was not air-conditioned but climate in Bangalore (and in the southern part of India) is quite nice and you can get on well with the ceiling fan as well. There was a TV in the room, but room service wasn't available.
The hotel had a restaurant (cheap but we didn't try the food). There are also many small shops around the hotel where you can buy food, cigarettes, washing powder, toilet paper, bread, almost everything you need.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 4, 2007

• June.b profile photo June.b
  • Reviews: 1339

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Algate: OK to crash for a night, but not more...

I booked Hotel Algate by phone when I was still in Delhi, the voice on the other line is nice and friendly. However, for some reason they did not find any paper that pertains to my reservations. Not rude but not friendly.

Anyhow, I got the single Executive Room for INR 1350 incl tax, but no breakfast.

The room was small enough only for the double-bed, a cabinet, and the TV with english channels. It's airconditioned and there was also a ceiling fan. The bathroom door is fixed with a mirror, there was a hot & cold shower, the window is facing the old dilapidated building. Marble flooring so it's cold, felt like the whole room is cold and mildew-y. The window of the room is facing the other building so not possible to open, unless ...

I remember, I find it hard to move because the bed was large and not much space to move around.

The only plus would be the complimentary newspapers in the morning and yes, the room service menu/food was really delicious, it's coming from the popular restaurant just beside the hotel and it's reasonably priced, about 3 to 4 US$ for a plate of white rice and chicken masala and a beverage.

I would recommend this hotel only for a night or two but not for longer stays.

• Related to: Trains, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written October 9, 2006

Executive Room at Hotel Algate

• Skibbe profile photo Skibbe
  • Reviews: 567

The Executive Inn: Let them take care of you

I recommend this place highly. I got sick while I was here and they took care of me like I was an old friend. Its quiet, the service is outstanding, and it is reasonably priced. They'll cook whatever you want and you eat at their kitchen table. It has a lot of great touches, too, for a business hotel. Some may not like its location away from the city but I enjoyed that break from the bustle of India. I also liked that it was small--for some of my stay I think I was their only guest.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 16, 2006
Tip Photo

Balcony on the hotel's second floor

• Janani profile photo Janani
  • Reviews: 176

Nahar Heritage Hotel: A Clean and Friendly Hotel

We chose this hotel when we arrived in Bangalore very early in the morning on the bus from Goa, as we found it clean and well located with helpful staff.

To enable the three of us to share a room, a folding bed was brought into a twin bedded room, which we found very comfortable and which was kept very clean throughout our stay. The same was true of the bathroom which had a shower cubicle rather than a bathtub, as seems standard in India.

The staff were helpful in giving us information on how to get to the places we wanted to visit and arranging for us to join a trip to visit Mysore Palace and The Brindavan Gardens.

We found it easy to get around the city by taking rickshaws from just outside the hotel and we also found some nice places to eat within walking distance of the hotel.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written February 3, 2006

Logo

• priam_kasturiratna profile photo priam_kasturiratna

Sanman Lodge: Good Budget Hotel in Bangalore

I stayed at Sanman Lodge for five days. Clean Rooms with Sat.TV & Phone; you have the option of selecting AC or Non AC rooms, single non AC (room only) 409 INR, double 500 INR.

Very helpful staff although not very conversant in English, but can manage.
Have Safe Lockers, but I never used , felt safe to leave my shopping inside the room, and carry my Passport and Currency with me whenever I go out(which I always did).

Also met a number of business visitors (both local and foreign) and families patronising the lodge.

Food is available, but I preferred the variety of options along the RV road for breakfast & dinner. I was always out of the Hotel during lunch time.

The only negative I noted was that there is no shower in any of the rooms-you have to fill-up a large bucket to have a bath.

Located at a well known South End Circle, Jayanagar. You have lot of options in food, shopping and travel at the location.

For food you have a number of clean outlets down the RV road, so it is very convenient to visit them and have a good Veg./Non Veg meal for around 25-50 INR. Make sure to visit Adiga's Vijaya down the RV road if you are looking for a Veg. meal.

Jayanagar 4th Block (one of the main shopping areas in Bangalore) is within one km, walking distance, 10 INR in a Auto Rickshaw, or 3 INR on a bus.

Also close to Lalbagh Botanical Gardens, MG Road, Shopper's Stop.

You can use Call Cabs, metered Auto Rickshaw or even public transport buses (which I did safely) for travelling from and to the lodge.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Singles
  • Written December 27, 2005

South End Circle at night from Sanman Lodge

• nav_jewel profile photo nav_jewel
  • Reviews: 7

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Home exchange: Why not try home exchnage concept

I have tried elsewhere the home exchange principal for stay. Apart from a almost free lodging (do not forget to carry some gifts for your hosts), the bonus has been knowing and meeting people and their culture, eat what they eat, live how they live. The host can you give ride to city centres, take you around for a few days' sight seeing....

when they come to your home town, offer the same and more.....

Free, know people and cultures, have guided tours, best tips

• Opinion of Price: N/A