Shanthi Residency Indiranagar

957 12th Main, HAL 2nd Stage,100 Feet Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560008, India
MakeMyTrip.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Bangalore

Brigade Road, BangaloreBrigade Road, Bangalore

Double walled apartmentsDouble walled apartments

I'll be in Bangalore for 2 weeks.

Hello!!

In about 4-5 weeks I'll be traveling to Bangalore for business and will be staying for approximately 2 weeks. I'll be staying on Residency Road.

Just wondering if anyone can provide any tips on what to do and what to avoid etc? This will be my first time over seas and I want to be as prepared as possible.

I have been reading many tips on here, a lot say be careful of customs - I just bought a new digital camera which I'm planning on using over there!

Anyway, if also someone can tell me what temperature I can expect around this time of year, and also I'd like to know if Residency road is walking distance to M.G Road & Brigade Rd etc.

And of course any other advise & tips anyone would like to share.......

by Avijayan

Your staying at the right place, brigade road and m.g.road are 5 mins walk from residency road. You can take pics, bangalore is more easy than other cities in India.

Bangalore has everything, let me know your interests, can give specific joints.

You have innumerable pubs, restaurants, night clubs, shopping malls, multiplexes all 5 to 10 mins walk around residency road.

What you need to watch out is, traffic jams, between 8.30am to 11am and 6pm to 10pm, be sure you leave well ahead or you would miss your meetings or end up late to wherever your going.

Most of the big malls and 5 start hotels have wi-fi enabled to use your laptop. You get all kinds of cuisines in Bangalore, 5 mins walk from residency from brigade to hosur road you will find "fanoos" meat rolls are fantastic there, not great ambience, but very low cost food available there.

Another lane to walk by for drinks/food/shopping is church street, its off brigade road, again 5 mins walk from residency road.

feel free to write to me for any info you need.

cheers
av

by Avijayan

temperature in bangalore is the best you can ask for in india, during oct should be very pleasant between 17 degree centigrade to 25 degree centigrade.

Thanks very much Avijayan
The weather sounds fantastic!! very much similar to what it is at home at the moment (today was 15 - 26 degrees celcius)

I really enjoy Indian cuisine, so if you can recommend any good places that offer good curries then that will be great!

Otherwise I'm really keen just to check out what Bangalore has to offer - and to expierience the culture. My interests are food... pubs... and I am a bit of a tech head when it comes to shopping.

I'm hoping i'll be in India for 2 weekends, none of my details have been given to me yet so it may only be the one weekend (2 working weeks). Anyway if I will be there for 2 weekends I'm thinking of doing a 1 day tour of Mysore, I believe there is a bus company that offer day tours.

by nav_jewel

If you really want the food/pub trips, buy Times or Kingfisher's Rs.200-300 worth book on this, available in almost all book shops on MG Road. Blogs and reviews elsewhere may be confusing. Take package tours for Mysore (1 weekend) and Shravanbelgola/Bellur/Halebid or Hampi on the other.

Are you already booked in the hotel, as hotels are difficult and become expensive closer to checkin dates.

by reemavs

Hi,

Welcome to Bangalore. I dont know if you've already reached. Any help in Bangalore please let me know. I work with Reliance on the Residency Rd and can help you with contact details anytime.

Please feel free contact me on 9342578842. Enjoy you stay and travel. If you dont like your accomodation and want to shift, let me know. I'm a female, if you too are, I could help you stay at my place too :-)

Regards,

by Doggins

My trip was very memorable
I was there in October and the memories are still with me every day

Travel Tips for Bangalore

a department store, with a decent supermarket

by Doggins about Bangalore Central

Bangalore Central is a very large department store which seems to be less popular with the locals, but it boasts a really decent supermarket on the top level.

All of the other levels are a typical department store, you have your sections for clothing, make up, fragrance, hi-fi, kids toys etc. It is similar to Australis David Jones or Myer

It is a little upper class so be prepared to be hassled by auto rickshaw drivers when you walk out

St Andrew's Church

by Willettsworld

This nice church is located on the other side of the parade ground, which it overlooks, from MG Road. It was built in 1866 with the clock tower being added in 1893. It belongs to the Presbyterian background from the Church of Scotland.

Comments