Shilton Suites

Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Shilton Offers Great Service and QUIET

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 28, 2009

Most of the folks I travel to Bangalore with stay at the Taj and I usually do as well when in Mumbai. But the Taj Residency is too loud. The Shilton is not as luxurious and fancy as the Taj but it certainly is more comfortable to me.

It is extremely quiet at night opposed to the very loud surroundings a few streets up. Between traffic and bands/DJs playing late I prefer the quiet surroundings of the Shilton.

Most importantly the staff there goes WAY above and beyond the call of duty for their guests. I felt like royalty there and the guys working there really made my trip much better. I actually look forward to seeing them again and seeing how they are doing. Just very good people.

The Shilton is obviously a smaller less inclusive place but I enjoy it much more. I usually ate at the Taj when I was lazy or we'd all go to a restaurant elsewhere in the city and then I'd take a scooter back to the hotel. Shilton really is a home away from home.

And I'll be staying there again my next business trip out to Bangalore.

Unique Quality: The staff is remarkable and they go well above and beyond the call of duty to make sure you are comfortable.

After a hard day at work I cannot tell you how important it is to have the peace and quiet.

Rooms are very nice. Obviously not 5 Star hotel but WAY nicer than the price would indicate. VERY clean, nice room size and great beds.

Nearby Shilton Suites

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Bangalore Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangalore, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangalore and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangalore hotel reviews