SilicRest Hotel

SilicRest Hotel
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Bangalore

BEAUTIFUL EVENINGBEAUTIFUL EVENING

Life in beachLife in beach

Do companies provide conveyance from home to work? Accom in Whitefield..

by UdayKonkankar

I am shifting from Singapore to Bangalore.

I understand that in Bangalore usually companies provided conveyance from home to office and back. How true is this. To me this is of particular concern since my office location is in Whitefield along Borewell Road. I have recently received my driving license and driving by myself in Bangalore would be very difficult. Also what other options are available.

Also, any residential flats for rents near this area and what schools are available. Are there proper amenities in the area

Thanks in advance.

- Uday

by Balmukund

I guess you have to get information from your office people -- many companies do provide conveyance and some don't. Also it depends on the designation. Almost all companies in India provide conveyance to senior managers. Whitefield is on the outskirts of Bangalore-is a wonderful city.

by aslehh

Most of the companies having offices in whitefield or electronic city have their buses to help their employee commute home-office-home becuase its on the outskirt of the bangalore city. There are also some buses running by BMTC or ITPL management you can avail by taking a monthly pass. But it's always advisible to have own vehicle in Bangalore to make life easy.

As for the accomodation, they, with some exception, don't provide it, though they assist by giving loan to pay the security deposit for renting a house.

by sacs2k1

Hi,

Even if your company is not providing conveyance, you can always buy a car and hire a chauffer for driving. Hiring a chauffer in India is very cheap.

Don't worry and best of luck for your new job.

Travel Tips for Bangalore

Bangalore's best Euro cuisine restaurant

by bradbeaman about Sunny's

From The Hindu:
Click to read article Sunny side up

ARJUN SAJNANI put his culinary skills to good use. He runs Sunny's, a restaurant off Lavelle Road in Bangalore. Started in 1995, this restaurant serves Italian, American and

French food. "I started it to make a living because theatre never gave me a penny. I love cooking and eating too. I find cooking therapeutic and I often don an apron at Sunny's (the restaurant is named after his Golden Retriever)." Sajnani develops almost seventy percent of the menu at Sunny's. He loves concocting recipes and gets the best of ingredients for his dishes. "All my cheese and sauces are sourced from other places." He lets us into a secret. "I grew up in Delhi. When I was a kid I used to do my homework in the kitchen, as it was warm surrounded by the aroma of phulkas. I learnt to make them." Sajnani loves Chinese and Japanese (particularly Sushi). He is proud of his top class restaurant, which serves world-class food and has received several awards. Chicken Paillard

Bangalore

by snux_849

"Holy Cow!!!"

Since I have been hearing stories about elephants on the roads in India, I was hoping to get a glimpse of one. I didn't find any but I was able to see a cow roaming the streets. This photo was taken in Commercial Street.

This is a common sight in Bangalore traffic-- the autorickshaws (left, in yellow), families in motorcycles.

Comments