The Oberoi - Bangalore

llaw2's Profile Photo

5 star hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 25, 2006

What can I say? This is a world class leading hotel in delivering its high standard of luxury and hospitality. Great pool and great service. This is my first stop in India.

Since it is by busiest MG Road, you will hear the honking even after 2am in the night. There are two doors in the room, make sure you close both to reduce the noise pollution.

For me, laundary is expensive. USD5-7 per item. I asked my driver to send my family and my laundary to one near Brigade road, Match Box or something.

There are two Indian restaurant in walking distance if you want to eat out. Out from main entrance, you walk for ~150ft, there is Caesar on the right hand side, and about ~600ft (after a gas station, 1st T junction) there is another one, Thandoor on your left. Crossing the road is quite challanging. Just follow the crowd will do.

Unique Quality: Great restaurnat - Nam Rai (Thai)

Directions: MG road

whodunit's Profile Photo

A great stay at the Oberoi!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 18, 2005

I landed in Mumbai (what an experience) and moved on to Bangalore. Upon finally arriving at the SPOTLESS Oberoi, I was greeted very a number of very pleasant people. This was my first experience with service typical of my stay in India. It was incredible. 4 flights and 27 hours after departing New York, I made my way to my hotel room. The walk alone was incredible - what a beautiful place. Although my room was along a busy road, once I closed the door and viewed the gardens and pool (picture attached), I was in another world. It was peaceful, quiet, and comfortable. I was escorted to my room but a couple of very service-oriented gentlemen (yes, gentlemen!) who would not even take my tip (that's right, in India!). The meals were incredible, the service better than I've ever had ANYwhere in my extensive travels before, and it was clean, clean, clean!

Unique Quality: I have never been to a hotel where the staff were more accomodating than at the Oberoi. I travel extensively for business and this was the best, bar none. The meals were hot, of excellent quality, and reasonably priced (well, for an American).
The staff dressed and acted professionally. If I asked for even a straw, 2 minutes and someone would be at my door with it - with a smile! I don't give out "5 stars" easily but the staff at the Oberoi earned it on this visit.

ChuckG's Profile Photo

Oberoi Bangalore

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 14, 2003

I stayed there for more than a week. The room are overpriced as well as the restaurants. Atmosphere is absent. Some music, shows or anything special would make the place less dead. The hotel is right in the main commercial center. You can walk to most commercial streets.

Unique Quality: Great pool, decent gym, nice landscape and even a Pub

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Bangalore Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangalore, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangalore and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangalore hotel reviews