37-39, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560 001, India

Booking.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• llaw2's Profile Photo

5 star hotel

What can I say? This is a world class leading hotel in delivering its high standard of luxury and hospitality. Great pool and great service. This is my first stop in India.

Since it is by busiest MG Road, you will hear the honking even after 2am in the night. There are two doors in the room, make sure you close both to reduce the noise pollution.

For me, laundary is expensive. USD5-7 per item. I asked my driver to send my family and my laundary to one near Brigade road, Match Box or something.

There are two Indian restaurant in walking distance if you want to eat out. Out from main entrance, you walk for ~150ft, there is Caesar on the right hand side, and about ~600ft (after a gas station, 1st T junction) there is another one, Thandoor on your left. Crossing the road is quite challanging. Just follow the crowd will do.

Unique Quality: Great restaurnat - Nam Rai (Thai)

Directions: MG road

• whodunit's Profile Photo

A great stay at the Oberoi!

I landed in Mumbai (what an experience) and moved on to Bangalore. Upon finally arriving at the SPOTLESS Oberoi, I was greeted very a number of very pleasant people. This was my first experience with service typical of my stay in India. It was incredible. 4 flights and 27 hours after departing New York, I made my way to my hotel room. The walk alone was incredible - what a beautiful place. Although my room was along a busy road, once I closed the door and viewed the gardens and pool (picture attached), I was in another world. It was peaceful, quiet, and comfortable. I was escorted to my room but a couple of very service-oriented gentlemen (yes, gentlemen!) who would not even take my tip (that's right, in India!). The meals were incredible, the service better than I've ever had ANYwhere in my extensive travels before, and it was clean, clean, clean!

Unique Quality: I have never been to a hotel where the staff were more accomodating than at the Oberoi. I travel extensively for business and this was the best, bar none. The meals were hot, of excellent quality, and reasonably priced (well, for an American).
    The staff dressed and acted professionally. If I asked for even a straw, 2 minutes and someone would be at my door with it - with a smile! I don't give out "5 stars" easily but the staff at the Oberoi earned it on this visit.

• ChuckG's Profile Photo

Oberoi Bangalore

I stayed there for more than a week. The room are overpriced as well as the restaurants. Atmosphere is absent. Some music, shows or anything special would make the place less dead. The hotel is right in the main commercial center. You can walk to most commercial streets.

Unique Quality: Great pool, decent gym, nice landscape and even a Pub

More about The Oberoi - Bangalore

Okey-Dokey

by TripAdvisor Member BombayBiz

An okay one-night stay at the Oberoi Bangalore. Mostly so because of how expensive it was ($290) for which it was not fully worth it, but Bangalore hotels are very expensive as a rule since the IT boom happened.

The hotel is a bit stuck between a grand old property and a modern one. For example, the rooms did not have central switches for the lights, and tvs are old small ones of the box-variety. Also not too many amenities in the bathroom, for eg - no dental kit or shaving kit.

the beds were quite small, and the covers were too small for the beds... also noticed a stain on one of the covers, which shouldnt be acceptable for a hotel in this price range. otherwise v clean

On the positive side, the rooms were quite large, and the shower had hot water very quickly and the shower head ensured a nice fast flow of water. Beautiful vast gardens did lend it the hotel a nice ambience, and overall has an authentic colonial touch abt it.

Last but not the least, amazing Thai restaurant with al fresco dining, and pleasant gymkhana-style bar area.

The only place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member MilwaukeeTree

I just cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The service was wonderful, the rooms were well appointed and very comfortable, the properly was just unbelievably gorgeous!

I had the pleasure of staying here for a business trip. I was so glad that I stayed over the weekend so that I could take some time to enjoy myself here. The courtyard/garden had lovely ponds with lilypads and koi fish. One pond even had a small waterfall. There are many beautiful flowering plants and tropical trees.As soon as you walk ino the lobby you notice this beautiful scent, which I later found out was jasmine. One thing that I really appreciated was that the pool was not set right next to a resteraunt. It was set back in the garden a bit allowing sunbathers and swimmers a bit of privancy.

There are 4 resteraunts here, a Thai resteraunt, a pub style resteraunt, an ala carte/buffet place and a Chinese resteraunt. I ate at the Chinese resteraunt, several times during my stay. If you go, you MUST have the Lychee custard w/vanilla bean...it is like a creme brulee with lychee fruit in it...OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Service was slow, which is very common in India, but very pleasant and helpful staff. I also had breakfast at Le Jardin most mornings. They serve a buffet, which I usually missed as I was working UK hours while there. They fry up great eggs, just like I requested over medium.

Room:
I had a king size room, unfortunately their idea of a king size bed was 2 twin bed pushed together. Luckily I was travelling alone and they were very comfortable beds. Oh and the pillows! Big, plump and supportive down pillows...there was a pillow menu in case you didn't want down or wanted one that was softer or firmer.

The shower had plenty of hot water and nice strong water pressure! Loved the products (shampoo, conditioner, lotion and shower gel).

Beautiful garden view room. There was a bit of traffic noise, but once you shut the hall door it was very tolerable.

Cannot wait to stay here again!

Stunning

by TripAdvisor Member TravelWarrior

This is a beautiful world class hotel right at the heart of the MG road action and with very good shopping within walking distance. We ended up here after checking out of the abysmal Grand Ashok hotel. The fabulous reception staff fell over themselves to make us welcome and we received the same enthusiastic service and friendliness from every member of staff throughout our stay. Our suites were sumptuous with the best beds and pillows I have slept in for a long time and every facilty you could wish for from a large flat screen tv and dvd player to a steam cubicle in the bathroom. We were positioned to the side of the hotel and did not suffer any road noise issues as some reviewers appear to have done. It was fairly tranquil even when sitting outside on the delightful balcony overlooking the gardens. The gardens are a real haven from the hustle and bustle of the Bangalore streets and the pool is an absolute pleasure with a good mixture of shade and sunshine to lie in throughout the day. The breakfast buffet was good with plenty of choice including a cooked breakfast as well as the usual continental items. While the food in the other restaurants was more than good, it disappointingly fell far short of the historic dishes we had enjoyed at the Oberoi's sister hottel in Delhi. It seems petty when our stay here was so fabulous but they really have to get to grips with the internet service, it was painfully slow and something about their server makes it argue with a number of sites. Truly, this is the only place to stay in Bangalore and I can't wait to come back.

Oberoi in Bangalore could have been better

by TripAdvisor Member fudgebabe

The hotel is noece but nothing exceptional, for the price of a nights
stay I would expect something more than what I rececieved.

Tried to book the hotel as it had been recommended to me using their phone line as listed on the Oberoi website.

Phioned the day befpore arrival to check that I was still booked into the hotel and was greated with no I do not have your reservation
and we do not have any more rooms availabel for the duration of your stay. We had been booked into the Oberoi in Dehli instead of the Oberoi in Bangalore. This close to departure there were only rooms available at $440 per night and no compensation form Oberoi even though they were the party getting it wrong.

Rooms were clean and tidy but nothing exceptional internet expensive in the room.

Checked out and back in again after a short tri to another Indian city and this time the room was $340 but it was exactly the same room.

Asked the hotel tp book a table in a recommended restaurant we only found out that there had been no reservation made on our way to the restuarant 36 hours later.

Eeven thoughtwe were 2 people travelling together the hotel managed to send two taxis to pick us up at the airport instead of 1. Too many
mistakes for a hotel that prides itself on its service and not even an apology received.

Best service ever, but you pay for it

by TripAdvisor Member mudpuppy24

I got a butler, a bunch of fruit every day, and a beautiful room with a balcony overlooking the lush gardens. On my last night, the staff at the Thai restaurant gave me a chocolate cake with the words 'bon vogage' iced onto the plate. The personal attention, and real feeling of being valued, came across from the moment I checked in until the moment I left, 6 days later. The location was great for tourists and business people alike, as it's right in the heart of Bangalore on MG Road. But you pay a lot for this, as other reviewers have all said. There are few hotels in Bangalore, by all accounts, and October to December are peak months, but $329 per night, plus taxes, was high by anyone's standards. The cost was the biggest drawback, and despite the wonderful service, there is no way you could say this was good value for money. Other than the cost, the only quibble I had was with the early closure of the swimming pool at 6pm every evening, for no obvious reason. For those of us travelling on business, it meant you had to go for an early dip or not at all.

Small enough to know you

by TripAdvisor Member Dettler

I traveled to Bangalore for the first time in June of 2007 and didn't know what to expect. I was very pleased from the first moment. A concierge met me at the airport and guided me to my driver and an air conditioned car. He had water bottles and cold towels for me. The manager greeted me at the lobby door and took me directly to my room. Fresh roses in the room, they replaced my flowers with lilys one week and orchids the next week.

I was always greeted politely wherever I went and after a few days the staff took to calling me by name. Waiters in the restaurants remembered me and would have my Perrier and ice waiting for me.

The beds, linens and pillows were luxurious and comfortable. The "king" bed was two twins pushed together, but since I was traveling alone that wasn't a big deal.

I collect brass, and when I asked to purchase the brass bottle opener in the room the management made a gift of it to me. Small things like that mean a lot when you are far from home.

If you stay at he O make sure to request a room away from MG Rd. It will make your stay much quieter.

On my second trip to Bangalore I wanted something different and chose the Leela Palace. That place is huge and rather impersonal. Had some problems with the room and the shower. On that trip I took a colleague to the O for Sunday brunch. This was 2 months later. The manager from the Polo Club remembered me and was a little put out that I was not staying there. She assured me that she could have a team from the O pack my room and have me moved in before noon. I didn't take her up on the offer but when I travel to Bangalore again in January I will be staying at the O again with much anticipation.

Excellent as always

by TripAdvisor Member Worlwide

Hotels in developing countries can always spring surprises, but the Oberoi in Banaglore never fails to live up to its reputation. Yes, it is expensive, but it is worth the money. The stress and noise of the outside world just disappear as soon as you enter the lobby.

We stayed there twice in November at the beginning and end of our visit to Southern India, and both times our room was spotless and comfortable, providing everything we could possibly need, and the service was outstanding, friendly, and helpful,

My only reservation would perhaps be the spa. My pedicure was not particularly special, and neither basecoat nor topcoat were used with the one layer of varnish.

Comments