Race Course Road, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560001, India

Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• FransM's Profile Photo

Taj West End

This picture shows the room kancamagus mentioned in his tip. I can whole hearty recommend the Taj West End, and agree with everything kancamagus wrote. Only disadvantage is that the IT business in Bangalore is booming and so are hotel prices. In 2004 a room in West End would go for US$ 200, where it was only US$125 in 2002.
    And even with the increased prices quite often it is fully booked. If you want to stay in this hotel better reserve several weeks in advance.

Picture courtesy of M. Pennings

• grets's Profile Photo

Colonial living

A member of the Taj Group of hotels, the West End maintains a high standard throughout. The rooms are spacious and clean, and spread out in lovely grounds. Monkeys frolick on the roofs

Unique Quality: The Taj West en is (or ta least was when we visited) a member of the prestigeous group Leading Hotels of the World

• The Secret Garden of the Taj West End

The Taj West End is full of surprises. First, it is not a cookie cutter modern hotel, but a collection of buildings and gardens with accomodations ranging from cathedral- ceilinged rooms in the old building to lavishly roomy suites peppered around the property. Honestly, staying at the West End was overall one of the best experiences I have had at any hotel. I have stayed in three levels of rooms there: from single rooms in the old building situated on a mezzanine above the collection of shops, to a very large suite the size of the typical ranch house for a Suburbia Americanus. When all is said and done, the rooms over the shops were my favorite --just right, with very high ceilings and a bathroom the size of many American bed rooms. Fresh local fruit was placed in the room each day. Large windows opened out onto lushly planted gardens. It was really lovely and peaceful. When I opened my door I was greeted by the the musky smell of incense and the lilting conversation of the shop keepers downstairs. The service was unbelievable with folks literally falling over themselves to help me. (Of course it was slow season) You could honestly do almost nothing for yourself if you desired, including changing from your shoes to your hotel provided slippers. I am not kidding, the valet offered to do this for me. Walk around the property and discover the many lovely surprises, a temple hidden in the garden, a rooftop garden with monkeys chattering in nearby trees. The restaurants were very good, and the massage at the health spa refreshed us for a night out at the famous Banagalore hot spots. This is a peaceful, exotic retreat from the chaos that is downtown Bangalore.

Unique Quality: Beautiful gardens, unbelievable service and warm friendly staff. Health club not that great but the massages were inexpensive and very relaxing. Very nice suites with unique and varied decor. Excellent business center services and staff, wireless network and web access. All in all, the whole package was truly outstanding.

More about The Taj West End

Taj West End is the best

by TripAdvisor Member Vishal_the_traveller

We stayed there for a night and it is the best in bangalore. I loved the atmosphere, the greenery and the low rise buildings housing the guest rooms.
The atmosphere was great .The butler was extremely quick and smart.
Our room was upgraded to a Taj Club Room.
The breakfast was good .Though there was a confusion regarding the billing which was sorted out quickly.
It was our anniversary and as requested , the cake was ready in the room before our arrival with lots of wishes from the room service staff and others with a complimentry bottle of Champagne.
We had fresh flowers and fruits in our room.
I highly recommend this hotel for stay in Bangalore.

Highly recommend the Taj West End

by TripAdvisor Member palin2007

Excellent stay, enjoyed the Taj experience from beginning to end. Their butler service was great and professional,not to mention the rest of the staff. Food was the best I have tasted in India. Rooms excellent, clean and modern. Wi-fi good quality connection at reasonable hotel rates.

Their Spa is also worth a vist to unwind from the hectic traffic of Bangalore.

If you are looking for a relaxing stay whilst on business in Bangalore, I would recommend the Taj West to anyone.

We certainly will be back.

a Variety of hotels

by sam_decroos

U have a number of hotels in bangalore that might suit any kind of budget ur looking for starting from the huge 5-star hotels to a 1-star or low buget hotel. The 5-star hotels may cost u an avg of about $150/day. The price drops down by a large margin as u move down.....a 1 star hotel accomadation may cost u as little as $20/day or even lesser.
There r also guest houses that may fit into ur budget if u happen to live at the Taj West end...u have great pools and gardens in there.....along with a beautiful view of the bangalore racecourse....u might wanna catch up on a race or two..Hotels like windsor manor and Le Meridian r located close to the bangalore golf course and have good interiors too...Leela palace is another good hotel....which happens to be the only 7-star hotel in India

The Best Hotel at Bangalore

by TripAdvisor Member SiddMoras

I really believe that the Taj West End is the best hotel in Bangalore and I have stayed in them all. How it managed to get so much space in the middle of Bangalore defies belief. Its different to anything I have ever seen. Large campus. Rooms and gardens all over the sprawling area. Lovely swimming pool with hammocks etc.

You might be upgraded whenever possible. i have been upgraded a couple of times. Some rooms have their own mini garden to sit. You will have a butler to answer your calls.

It has a nice bar called the Blue Bar. There are a few good restaurants (Blue Ginger for Vietnamese and a Lebanese buffet). Breakfast is good etc.

You might be able to get a good price for this hotel through some travel agents. otherwise it is really expensive. But then all hotels in bangalore are.

Great place!

by TripAdvisor Member DSGNgirl

Needless to say, I was a little nervous about my first trip to India. The Taj West End provided a very comfortable place in a very unfamiliar area. The room was awesome - fresh flowers every day, dessert in my room when I got back from a long day of work, super clean, etc. The staff was excellent, although I must admit that it was odd to have a butler always offering to get things for me. However, it was great to know that there was someone I could call should I need anything. I didn't have a lot of time to eat at the hotel while I was there, but i did have tea delivered to my room every morning which was a great way to start my day. The breakfast buffet was huge, with way more than I could ever eat for breakfast! the hotel grounds were beautiful! I actually wish I had an extra day just to relax at the hotel. I'll definitely stay here if I return to Bangalore! Highly recommended!

My new favorite

by TripAdvisor Member twoworlds

If you can get a decent rate (good luck with that in Bangalore!) and secure a renovated room - you're in business! This is a lovely, elegant hotel, which lacks the grandeur of the Leela and is much more modern and understated, which to me is more comfortable. The grounds are gorgeous. The food has to be the best food in Bangalore, both the coffee shop and Blue Ginger. But most of all, the staff here are knowledgeable and are very service focused. The Taj has recently undergone renovations to many rooms as well as common areas. A new pool is almost complete. I just wish that the new gym and spa was complete, as these do let the property down a little. Otherwise, a delightful place to be. Remember - a renovated room.

Taj west EndTaj west End