The Windsor Bengaluru

Windsor Square, 25 Golf Course Road, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560052, India

ITC Windsor, Bengaluru
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• mrtourne's Profile Photo

Nice and posh, at a price

Finding a good hotel in Bangalore is a hard task, and availability is usually scarce - the Sheraton Windsor Manor is definitely a good hotel, in some respects even a great hotel. Would I put it at the top of my list? Probably not - but more on that later... As for the rates, it's in line with other 5 star hotels in Bangalore - my rate was $295 a night (plus 12.5% luxury tax, bringing it to a whooping $330 a night. If you are on a budget, I suggest you look for other places. Overall it was a pleasant stay, with some glitches as listed below

Unique Quality: The good:

- Classy
    - Courteous and accomodating staff
    - Full breakfast included in the rate , with eggs on demand and various hot items available up to 10:30 AM: if you don't have to be at work early, have your breakfast around 10 AM and you can safely skip lunch.
    - Adequate Fitness room - 3 treadmills, 3 ellypticals and a weight station.
    - Complimentary bottled water (3 bottles daily; if you run out make a run for the gym, where there's a shelf of bottles at your disposal).
    - Room service was always prompt, courteous and the food was warm and very tasty.
    - Wireless internet available for a fee, it was reliable both in speed and availability.

And now to the bad.

- The beds are incredibly hard - the last time I remember a hotel bed being this hard was at a Fairfield Inn in the middle of Illinois.
    - Wireless internet can be purchased in blocks of up to 3 days, for those staying longer it's a minor annoyance.
    - TV options are limited - small set of international channels (BBC news, CNN, HBO) and a lot of hindi options.
    - One thing for those with sensitive stomachs - the restaurants on site tend towards the spicy and the local, with few international choices, with the exception of the Dublin pub (Also, I understand I am in India and all, but it would be nice to get one beef option in any of the menus...). The prices are VERY high - entrees start at about 750 INR (15-18 dollars), which is a whole meal at the most expensive restaurant in town
    - Last thing if you like to roam: the location is OK to access downtown / other places by car, but there's absolutely no choice but to take a car. It's on a very busy road, a few km away from MG road and Cubbon Park, so you will depend on your driver or on cabs. Myself, I like to walk, so after a while I got that caged-lion-pacing-the-halls feel. Restaurants and other attractions are also far, so if you have a tight schedule you'll come to depend on room service, at the prices and choices mentioned above.

• BonnieVictoria's Profile Photo

Felt like a Maharani!

If you have the $$$ by all means, treat yourself to the best! At a whooping US325++ a night(be warned though! five stars hotel's rate in Bangalore fluctuate more actively than the stock exchange!!), you deserve to get the best service and manners. Was there for a week and enjoyed the good service and conduct of the staff. Love the attention to details for all its restaurant, very typical english style : its indian restaurant Dum Phukt, its english pub : Dublin.. and especially the hotel's coffee house with its glass roof... Love the room with its 14 feet high ceiling ... Love the bathroom mirror which doesn't fog up when you step out of the shower... Love the room attendant who's always around to ask "....is your room confortable madam?" ... Love the staff who addresses you as sir / madam - always... Love the fact that most head of countries put up at Windsor Manor Sheraton - yeap.. there's a gallery with pictures taken of them entering the hotel... my country's Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi did stay here during his visit to Bangalore.... yeah.. if you can afford, this is the place to relax and you can't be annoyed by the constant honking of the three wheelers outside...

Unique Quality: Very typical english style manor... not poshy or frivolous.. I personally like it for its smallish cosy homey environment...

Directions: About 20 mins away from MG Road.

• ChuckG's Profile Photo

Nice old hotel off center (Sheraton Windsor)

Nice pool, good restaurant, cozy rooms, fast service, quiet location

Unique Quality: Although I didn't get to enjoy anything (like free breakfast, free cocktails), there seems to be a lot of good things to do in the hotel. It's also wel located right in front of Bangalore's main golf course.

Directions: ITC Hotel Windsor Sheraton and Towers
    Windsor Square, 25 Sankey Road Bangalore, Karnataka 560052 India

More about The Windsor Bengaluru

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member TRVLR6

Beautiful regal hotel. Stay in the tower side, rooms colonial english styling, bathrooms not renovated up to same level but still clean and nice. Lots of bottle water. A little over done on the service. After checking in at 11pm, the butler comes to your room with a welcome drink, and it's all you can do to get him to leave as he gives the history of the fruit juices of the region. Breakfast buffet not so good if you are comparing it to the likes of what is offered at the Sheraton Hongkong. Basically lots of luke warm food, scarey undercooked bacon funky biscuit like thing that is intended as a croissant. Cappuccino good though. Tipping expectations are out of control as there are lots of people to take care of you from the minute you enter the hotel. Also it is further from the airport than some of the other hotels.

Nice Rooms Lovely Garden Views

by TripAdvisor Member SiddMoras

I got here by accident as the Taj West End, which was overbooked, bumped me here for a night. The best thing about this hotel is that several rooms (If you are on the right floor) overlook a garden and you can step out of your room through the back door into this lovely garden.

The only downside is that this is one of the hotels furthest from the airport. It is also one of the more traditional (And hence ever so slightly older) hotels in Bangalore.

For food, order the 'raan' if you eat lamb.

Beautiful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member happygurl

On business trip - who isnt these days in Bangalore....problem booking hotels at the last minute and only one available was the windsor. Wasnt I lucky then it was a wonderful first time welcome into India. Hotel car picked us up and beautiful sari wearing staff placed flowers around our necks and walked us to our rooms for check in. We had arrived on a late night flight and they were extremely nice offering hot milk or cocoa to help sleep....

The room was lovely huge plazma bathroom filled with everything you would expect to forget when packing. Shaving kit, shampoo, conditioner etc etc the list goes on. Well stocked mini bar and lovely terrace balcony with views of the garden. Nice pool area I used this twice but only saw one other person in the whole two week stay.

The food breakfast dinner lunchs were excellent as was the butler service and I had laundry done on all occasions excellent service if a little overdone. I found tipping everyone that smiled a strain but then again a few hundred rupees is nothing in the vast expensive of the hotel.

The reception staff went above and beyond for us as our flight was cancelled at last minute, never travel with air france again....they came to airport and basically minded us for the whole time we were waiting getting updates and eventually without their assistance we wouldnt have gotten on the flight. great service, beautiful hotel and I would whole heartdly recommend. The distance from airport didnt bother me at all we made it there in 30 - 40 mins which in india is quick and we were only 30 -40 mins from our work every day which was also great.

stay if you can afford it you will be delighted....

Beautiful hotel, great service

by TripAdvisor Member AnneInBudapest

My husband and I stayed at the hotel from Nov. 30-Dec. 5, 2007, while he was in the city for business. I arrived in our suite (!), the Cambridge Suite, and was overwhelmed by how beautiful it was...it had an actual dining room right in the huge living room, a butler's pantry/bar near the front corridor, an enormous bedroom, a dressing room and a beautiful, marble-sheathed bathroom.

I arrived from Bombay before my husband arrived from overseas, and I was given a warm welcome (something that didn't happen when I arrived at our hotel in Delhi prior to my husband). A personal welcome note from the hotel manager was framed and placed on the writing desk, and some delicious barfi and chocolates waited nearby. A waiter knocked and offered me fresh coconut juice and watermelon juice in champagne glasses.

I would highly recommend this hotel for the following reasons:
1. The attentive, friendly and genuine pleasure of the staff in making guests feel welcome and valued;
2. The great food--we only ate in the buffet room beside the exit to the pool area, but the menu items were all fresh, creative and delicious;
3. The room we had, the Cambridge Suite, was comfortable, sumptuous, and a real treat (we would never have been able to afford staying there, but my husband's company paid for it as a business expense); and
4. Their car service drivers are all knowledgeable, skilled and friendly, taking me into the city and around, while my husband was working.

Great hotel, "Windsor Manor", as the locals call it!!!

Very nice (business) hotel !

by TripAdvisor Member Thibojo

Spend 3 nights in the hotel in November.

Rooms are very nice and very clean - Staff is very friendly and offers very good service.
The pool is small but adequate.
Breakfast in the verandah near the pool is a very nice experience.
Also the other restaurants of the hotel are very nice (nice settng, very attentive service and very nice food).

A very nice business hotel !

Very Nice (Comparisons: Taj West End and Oberoi)

by TripAdvisor Member voyager2008

I booked our king-size executive club room on-line the day of the stay. I picked this hotel over the Taj West End which was a bit cheaper by $10 USD per night but wanted the points for the hotel stay so went with this hotel.

Room: Flat Screen TV, Garden View (nice and quiet room), king size bed with nice comforter and plenty of pillows (and some to choose from as well), bathroom had marble (average size bathroom) with a tub/shower, desk and an arm chair with an ottoman with the room. Three to four bottles of complimentary bottled water. The rate was $260 for 12/2007 Stay including a buffet breakfast, which was nice (international offerings...Western stuff like bacon, eggs cooked to order, Eastern stuff like Chinese chicken dumplings, Indian items, fruit, cereals...The service at the buffet was very nice. I tipped the waiters because the service was excellent. Other restaurants: Dublin (Irish/English food), Afghan (outdoor bbq): good food, but small quantities and our bill for two items, bread, two bottles of water and dessert was $100 USD, other restaurants are Indian restaurants. Room service: excellent array of items at US prices.

Compared to Taj West End and Oberoi: Our friend had a wedding at the Taj West End and we were able to try the food there and rest with them in one of their king-size bedrooms. The size was of average size for India (smaller than the Windsor ITC), but it was nicely decorated and quiet. The food at the buffet at the wedding was of a varied variety...some good and some of average quality. The service was good. I am staying in the Oberoi tomorrow, so a review will be posted after my stay as well as pics for the Taj West End, ITC Windsor and Oberoi. It's nice to see the pics from the hotel sites, but sometimes they don't tell you what room the pic is of and often it's of the suites.

Excellent hotel in Bangalore

by TripAdvisor Member KDAA

I stayed here for a week on business and was very satisfied with it. The room was excellent as was the service. There were about 6 places to eat, and I enjoyed all 5 that I tried (I didn't eat at the Dublin, a pub). I'm not a demanding business traveler, so this was all that I could ask.

Comments