The Windsor Bengaluru
Nice and posh, at a price
Finding a good hotel in Bangalore is a hard task, and availability is usually scarce - the Sheraton Windsor Manor is definitely a good hotel, in some respects even a great hotel. Would I put it at the top of my list? Probably not - but more on that later... As for the rates, it's in line with other 5 star hotels in Bangalore - my rate was $295 a night (plus 12.5% luxury tax, bringing it to a whooping $330 a night. If you are on a budget, I suggest you look for other places. Overall it was a pleasant stay, with some glitches as listed below
Unique Quality: The good:
- Courteous and accomodating staff
- Full breakfast included in the rate , with eggs on demand and various hot items available up to 10:30 AM: if you don't have to be at work early, have your breakfast around 10 AM and you can safely skip lunch.
- Adequate Fitness room - 3 treadmills, 3 ellypticals and a weight station.
- Complimentary bottled water (3 bottles daily; if you run out make a run for the gym, where there's a shelf of bottles at your disposal).
- Room service was always prompt, courteous and the food was warm and very tasty.
- Wireless internet available for a fee, it was reliable both in speed and availability.
And now to the bad.
- The beds are incredibly hard - the last time I remember a hotel bed being this hard was at a Fairfield Inn in the middle of Illinois.
- Wireless internet can be purchased in blocks of up to 3 days, for those staying longer it's a minor annoyance.
- TV options are limited - small set of international channels (BBC news, CNN, HBO) and a lot of hindi options.
- One thing for those with sensitive stomachs - the restaurants on site tend towards the spicy and the local, with few international choices, with the exception of the Dublin pub (Also, I understand I am in India and all, but it would be nice to get one beef option in any of the menus...). The prices are VERY high - entrees start at about 750 INR (15-18 dollars), which is a whole meal at the most expensive restaurant in town
- Last thing if you like to roam: the location is OK to access downtown / other places by car, but there's absolutely no choice but to take a car. It's on a very busy road, a few km away from MG road and Cubbon Park, so you will depend on your driver or on cabs. Myself, I like to walk, so after a while I got that caged-lion-pacing-the-halls feel. Restaurants and other attractions are also far, so if you have a tight schedule you'll come to depend on room service, at the prices and choices mentioned above.
Felt like a Maharani!
If you have the $$$ by all means, treat yourself to the best! At a whooping US325++ a night(be warned though! five stars hotel's rate in Bangalore fluctuate more actively than the stock exchange!!), you deserve to get the best service and manners. Was there for a week and enjoyed the good service and conduct of the staff. Love the attention to details for all its restaurant, very typical english style : its indian restaurant Dum Phukt, its english pub : Dublin.. and especially the hotel's coffee house with its glass roof... Love the room with its 14 feet high ceiling ... Love the bathroom mirror which doesn't fog up when you step out of the shower... Love the room attendant who's always around to ask "....is your room confortable madam?" ... Love the staff who addresses you as sir / madam - always... Love the fact that most head of countries put up at Windsor Manor Sheraton - yeap.. there's a gallery with pictures taken of them entering the hotel... my country's Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi did stay here during his visit to Bangalore.... yeah.. if you can afford, this is the place to relax and you can't be annoyed by the constant honking of the three wheelers outside...
Unique Quality: Very typical english style manor... not poshy or frivolous.. I personally like it for its smallish cosy homey environment...
Directions: About 20 mins away from MG Road.
Nice old hotel off center (Sheraton Windsor)
Nice pool, good restaurant, cozy rooms, fast service, quiet location
Unique Quality: Although I didn't get to enjoy anything (like free breakfast, free cocktails), there seems to be a lot of good things to do in the hotel. It's also wel located right in front of Bangalore's main golf course.
Directions: ITC Hotel Windsor Sheraton and Towers
Windsor Square, 25 Sankey Road Bangalore, Karnataka 560052 India
- Shreyas Yoga Retreat
- Laika Boutique Stay
- Corporate Suites Inc. @ Prestige St Johns Wood Apartments
- The Paul, Bangalore
Nearby The Windsor Bengaluru
Nearby HotelsSee all 437
Amar Comforts Hotel 384 feet away
Le Meridien Bangalore 0.2 miles away
Tranquil Stays - Tudor Inn 0.2 miles away
Atria Hotel 0.2 miles away
White Regency Hotel 0.3 miles away
Nearby AttractionsSee all 16
Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace 2.3 miles away
Lalbagh Botanical Garden 2.5 miles away
The Windsor Bengaluru
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Windsor Sheraton Bangalore
- Itc Windsor Sheraton
- Windsor Sheraton Hotel Bangalore
- The Windsor Hotel
- Windsor Bangalore
- Itc Windsor, Bengaluru Hotel Bangalore
Address: Windsor Square, 25 Golf Course Road, Bangalore, Karnataka, 560052, India
1 Photo of The Windsor BengaluruView Professional Photos
Amenities at The Windsor Bengaluru
- Swimming Pool
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Room Service
- Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Business Services
- Continental Breakfast
- Bar / Lounge
Bangalore Travel Forum
Need advice about Bangalore, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangalore and ask our Answer Gurus.