Vintage Residency

More about Bangalore

Errin Villa on the outskirts of ConoorErrin Villa on the outskirts of Conoor

Chembakolli

by chick44

I am a teacher in England and we learn about the village of Chembakolli and Bangalore city. Can anybody tell me about the main types of work there, the people or anything interesting that our British books wont have in them! Are there any schools that would be penpals with us? Any websites? What is the main language there?
Thanx

Re: Chembakolli

by madtrav

hey chick,

I can tell you about bangalore. It used to be a relaxed and laid back city but now it abounds with activity, what with the global IT and BPO industry looking at it as their base for operations. Its a lovely city to travel to - great people, culture and weather. Lots of old english buildings do exist still. This is called "garden city" as well as the "silicon valley of India". The language spoken is kannada. This city has strong base in Indian culture but does also accept other cultures. You would find so many things common with the western world. About things that arent in British books, I suggest you ask anythign specific that you want to know about Bangalore (at least, the area of interest). I am sure there would be lots of us, first among them would be myself, willing to help. By the way, I have been living in Bangalore for the past 4 years. Though some of the things like traffic are a bit disappointing, there are many wonderful things about living here.

There are a few good schools whose names I can give you. I am sure if you initiate contact with them, they will respond positively. I will be sending you a direct mail regarding the names of the schools. All of these have their web pages on net and its a matter of minutes to access and contact them.

Do let me know if there is more I can do to help you,

Regards,
Ramesh

RE: Chembakolli

by SLilaRamachandran

Chembakolli is in Tamil Nadu in south India. Very close to Ooty if I am right.
ActionAid does a lot of social work there to improve the living conditions of the people there. You could check their webpage for more details. (www.actionaid.org.uk)

Travel Tips for Bangalore

Great city...don't stick to the main streets

by ChuckG

One thing I liked in Bangalore is to wander in the small plaza and streets and interact with the locals. Otherwise, a trip to Bangalore can be very westernized if sticking to the commercial streets, attractions and hotels Running wild in a auto-ricksha while slalomming between Uber-Lori (trucks)

Ebony's

by mitsi900 about Ebony's

It is on the 13th floor of Hotel Ivory Tower, I know this does not sound very high, but it is beautiful view nonetheless. Weather in Bangalore is quite pleasant most of the year, so it is great to sit outside. They specialse in Parsee food - I don't know much but ask the waiters for help.

God Bless You

by cityofangel7

India is a very beautiful country.I am glad the Almighty put me up here.Thank you for visiting my home page.I want to invite you to India.Please do visit India and see the marvellous works of His hands.God Bless you all.

Comments