Hampi Hotels

Our Members Say

• abi_maha profile photo abi_maha
  • Reviews: 581

Royal Orchid: Convenient and Affordable

We were three couples and the staff arranged for 3 pool facing suites. The rooms were good with the door facing inward at the pool and the balcony facing paddy fields at the back. The tariff includes breakfast and that is the only meal you should plan to have at this hotel. The restaurants otherwise dish out some very average food for exorbitant rates. The staff were very courteous and helpful. All in all- a good place to stay- its about 6 KM to the Hampi Bazaar.

• Written November 16, 2013

• Ali-beam profile photo Ali-beam

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Padma's Guest House: Best little guest house.

We stayed here over xmas and found it just perfect. We had a great room with shower/toilet attached. It was at the end of the balcony so we had our breakfast on the end and it was like having our own little terrace. We could see lots from there and Sagar (the owners son) was so helpful and told us all sorts of things about Hampi and the area.
The room was cleaned every day and fresh bedding too we only stayed 4 nights. Could not fault Padmas for the price and proximity to the ruins it was just right.
We booked on line and had great communication.
Our taxi and guide was really good but please make sure you decide a price before he takes you anywhere...this is most important...dont be fooled if he happens to be a holy man! he will still try and have more of your money than he should! Lots of great food places to eat, we even ate street food which was yummy.
Enjoy Hampi and be carefull where you step if you explore down by the river.

Room Tip: ask for a room with temple view if you want. We chose non A/C with temple view. This was fine as it had a fan but found A/C was not really necessary.

Great location, near to all the temples and the bazaar. Lovely family run place with very helpful information. Great views.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Archeology
  • Written February 20, 2012

Street view.

• illumina profile photo illumina
  • Reviews: 1066

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rama Guest House: Heart of Hampi

Right in the heart of the streets of Hampi, and very close to the main temple, Rama Guest House is a friendly place to stay, and has a pleasant rooftop cafe which is a great place to relax, with nice views over to the river. We had a double room for 300 INR per night.

• Written December 20, 2010

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Gopi Guest House

By somebody I met in Aurangabad I had been advised to stay on the other side of the river where it is more quiet and you can get a hut overlooking the rice fields. But before coming to Hampi I heard that everything on that side would probably be closed in low season. So I decided to look for another place in Hampi village after one night at Vikky’s.

From Vikky’s I had seen that the rooftop restaurant at Gobi’s Guest House was open, so that’s were I went. The restaurant looked like a nice place to sit in to eat or read a book. The room I got was larger than the one at Vikky’s and there were more space to put things in. There was also a mosquito net and from the window I could see the top of Virupaksha Temple. They brought me a clean towel and I told them there were already two on the beds. To my surprise they said I needed them for the pillows otherwise I would get dirty. Well, I have never heard that before at a hotel but I guess they were old as the sheets, which were very thin. There was a bathroom , but no soap or toilet paper. The room was Rs 300 (June/July 2010).

After seeing the room and restaurant I went back to get my things at Vikky’s and than went straight up to have breakfast on the roof. It felt much better to stay at Gopi’s than at Vikky’s.

• Written October 23, 2010

My room at Gopi's Guest House

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Vikky's

I did not know where to stay in Hampi, but I decided to go to Vikky’s first and if that was not good I would look around for another place. But when I arrived I was tired after a long day of travelling so I decided to change the next day, because I thought I could find a much nicer place. I chose Vikky’s because in my guidebook it said there was a rooftop restaurant and I thought that could be a nice place to sit in after a lot of sightseeing. It turned out that the restaurant was closed and they were going to open it after two days (the 1st of July). Another thing I didn’t like was that they wanted me to pay for two nights as I arrived., but I agreed on only paying for one night. The next morning I went out to look for another place to stay.

I got a simple room with a bed, fan and a bathroom. There was not much space to put my things, only a small table by the bed. The price was Rs 250 (June 2010).
Checkout time is already at 9am.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 22, 2010

• Itiiti profile photo Itiiti

Kiran`s Guesthouse

I want to say that Kiran`s Guesthouse is very very nice!!! If you reach there,ou can see that its very clean and you also have hot water,wich is special for Hampi. The family is very helpful and you soon will feel that you belong to them!!! A big THANK You too Kirans family!!!!

You can eat very good food on the rooftop seeing a lot of things in Hampi also good too see through the main temple Virupaksha,where the monkeys jump up and down :-)

• Written February 23, 2010

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kiran Guesthouse: Basic accomodation

When I arrived in Hampi off the bus from Goa, rooms were hard to come by as it was 8.30am and checkout time in most places was at 10am. Everyone was flying around the small streets in auto rickshaws trying to find somewhere that had a room. Guesthouses here are small with not many rooms which makes the job even harder. After looking around myself, for a while, a guy came over to me and said that he had a room so I went off with him to take a look. His place only had 5 rooms, all small and very basic but everywhere else is the same.

The Kiran Guesthouse is located near the river and Vicky's rooftop restaurant. It's run by a friendly family who were very accommodating. My room was very basic with two single beds pushed together and a mosquito net (which is a must have here as it's near the river and mozzies are everywhere). That was pretty much all I had for Rs400. The bathroom was OK but I had to have bucket hot water in the mornings which is the norm while in the country in India. There's a very good, cheap rooftop restaurant up top as well.

Kiran Guest House is located about 150 meters behind the Tourist Info Office at Hampi Bazaar. Take the narrow lane by the side of the Tourist Info Office and at the end of the lane, close to the banana fields, you can spot the guest house.

• Related to: Backpacking
  • Written September 20, 2009
Tip Photo

• srinivasjgm profile photo srinivasjgm

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Shanti Geust house: Shanti guest house across the river is good

It is spread over river bank. Spread out cottages. Warm service. Views of river. There a regular boat service to the main Bazar.
Need to book in Advance.
There is another Shanti guest house on next to Bazar, take care not to confuse this on with that.

• Written May 9, 2009

• bharath_cp profile photo bharath_cp

Hema Guest house: Hampi's best guest house

I happened to just go to this place by chance. I first visited other places like Mowgli, Sunny, Shanti etc which have most reviews on the net. Hema seems to be better than most of these places in all aspects. Other than the restaurant probably. The most clean and tidy place in Hampi.

Hampi is a place where you find only basic accommodation. By basic I mean a room with bed, mosquito net, fan and a bathroom. I found most places to have just cement flooring which are not so well kept. Beds are not dusted and cleaned.

But Hema was clean in all aspects. The best part is the rooms and bathrooms are tiles and the windows itself are with mosquito nets. So you will not need another net around the bed. This is missing in all other guest houses around Hampi.

Costs around Rs.300/- and phone booking is available. Comparable to Shanti Guest house.
Phone: 08533387074

peaceful, clean, tidy, tiled floor and bathroom.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written December 27, 2007

Guest house Huts

• mallyak profile photo mallyak
  • Reviews: 735

Ranjana Guest House: Breadth taking Views

At first sight my heart sank at what I had booked, but when we were taken upstairs to the rooms I was delighted.There are about 5 rooms upstairs.They have a common sit out but enough privacy and the rooms are fantastic.
Room charges can vary from Rs 600-Rs 900 for a double.Do bargain.We paid Rs700/- , but the Day we moved out he room was sold for Rs900/-as Hampi was crowded with the Utsav starting the next day!
The Guest house can pick you up from Hospet staion for Rs 150 by autorickshaw and organise sight seeing for 1 day (about 8 hours) for Rs 700/-again by auto .

Superb views and well located to restaurants and many places of interest are walking distance.To see distance places either an autorichshaw or hire bycycles is a good idea.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written November 20, 2007

Ranjana Guest house

• ptitetoile profile photo ptitetoile
  • Reviews: 660

GOPI Guest house: My place to sleep in Hampi

Great guest house where I slept on the first floor in a very nice mauve room with a corresponding moskito net! Very cute, it was a pity I had no darling with me, because it was very romantic (the other rooms were probably not so nice ;-) The place to eat in on the terrace on the roof and from there we had a great view on the active temple and the surroundings.

clean, beautiful, nice view

• Written August 6, 2007
Tip Photo

Roof terrace of GOPI guest house

• piscesfly profile photo piscesfly

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Om Shanti Guest house: Hampi hostel

Om Shanti costs 280rs for a single room with bathroom, 200rs for a single without bathroom and 280rs for a double without bathroom. The rooms are very basic and have mosquito nets and western style toilets ensuite (shared bathrooms are indian style). There's a nice courtyard upstairs and downstairs with swings and sitting areas. The managment is not particularly accomodating and doesn't allow late check outs. The book swap they have there is also a rip off. The saving grace of this place is an Italian man who helps out from time to time called Carlo. If he is around, ask him if you need help. They also rent bicycles from the lower court yard.

Sociable courtyard, nice location close to the river and temple.

• Written February 27, 2007

• Bassow profile photo Bassow
  • Reviews: 6

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Vikky's Restaurant and Hotel: Don't buy the hype

Vikky's was the biggest let-down of Hampi and perphaps our entire trip through India, and another notch on the list of bad advice by the lonley planet. Contrary to the description in my spanking new LP, the restaurant was uninspired and very, very dirty. The glasses had caked dirt along the inside rim and there was grit in the food. Needless to say, we were not thrilled.

The rooms at the hotel were cramped and incredibly dirty. Plumbing was nonexistent and all the waste water would run openly along the floor through a hole in the wall at floor-level, which convienently doubled as a doorway for all sorts of vermin coming in from the outside.

Worst of all was Vikky himself. The moment he had figured out we weren't going to use his overpriced (2x times the going rate) travel-agency or flea-ridden(!) internet-facilities, he treated us like dogs. If I hadn't fallen ill for three days, we'd have left the place screaming.

• Written March 8, 2006

• utpalbasu profile photo utpalbasu

Only Decent Hotel at Hampi: Best Accommadation at Hampi

When I visited Hampi in 1998,I put up at the only decent hotel at Hampi, Hotel Mayura
Bhubaneswari , run by the Karnataka State
Tourism Development Corporation. The hotel
is situated at the eastern edge of the Kamalapura township, just half a kilometer away from The ruins of the Royal Palaces and the Tourists Information Centre at Hampi.The hotel has extensive open ground all around it and is ideal as a peaceful get-
away "Far from the Madding Crowd"of the cities. The facilities available at the hotel are
quite unimaginably modern and good if one considers the fact that although Hampi is located just 11 kms away from Hospet,the city that is the nerve-centre of the Tunga-bhadra Dam,that is located just 3kms away from the city,the town of Hampi seems to be located far away from any human habitation
in the middle of a pre-historically intimadating
landscape as one approaches the town from Hospet.And although every quality product
consumed at Hampi has to be brought over from Hospet,the service available at the hotel is surprisingly prompt and friendly. tThe charges at the hotel are also quite reasonable.

The Hotel Mayura Bhubaneswari at Hampi
has a great view all around it. There is the wide,open fields all around,which enables
"One Long in City Pent" to have an unhindered view of the sky overhead, something not possible even at Hospet.
Beyond the open fields there lie the ruins of Hampi and beyond that hills of incongruous shapes and sizes interpersed with thick rain-forests,that give one the illusion of having been transported to a pre-historic world,where the sudden appearance of even a dinosaur would not surprise one.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written August 11, 2005

• Eddie101 profile photo Eddie101
  • Reviews: 46

Back to basics

Hampi itself does not lay claim to any hotels to speak of, tho' lodges, guesthouses and rooms for rent are easy to find. I stayed across the river in a guesthouse (you have to stay that side of the river, if, like me your'e partial to a bottle of beer) and the cost was 60 rupees for a double room per night. Basic, hot and a few non-paying lizards for company,but the chorus from the nearby fields was like a nightly lullabye. There was one restaraunt, but it was closed so still had to cross back over the river to eat (see warnings and dangers)
Most visitors to Hampi, seeking some degree of comfort may choose to stay in Hospet some 13kms away where a choice of hotels can be found and more amenities are at hand.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive