Club Mahindra Kodagu Resort

Nice place

by TripAdvisor Member NSS27

Club Mahindra, Coorg India
Date : 10th April, 2009

We went away on the Good Friday weekend with some friends to Coorg.
The Club Mahindra property is huge. A lot of lush greenery around the place.
Rooms were really big, very well decorated. All amenities needed are available. There are no Air Conditioners though, which made it difficult in the day as it was quite warm.
There are a few more drawbacks in the place which they should work on in order to make it more attractive.
Firstly, as I said earlier, the property is huge. They don't have enough carts to drive people around and are not very willing even when they do have them available.
Secondly, the food can definitely be improved. Room service is very slow, portions are pretentious and extremely over priced. Not to mention, horrible in taste. Also, they have such a small selection, that within the same day you'll be exhausted of choices. Need to add a lot more dishes to the menu.
At the restaurants too, very slow service. Indifferent attitude of the staff is quite off putting as well. Food is slightly better eaten there though.
Pool is very small for a resort of this size. Too crowded on a long weekend. Better not to enter, as there is no place to even stand. Let alone swim.
The only saving grace here is their spa. It is called The Ayurvedic Centre. Fabulous! The best massages ever...and I've tried a lot of spas. Must do for anyone who enjoys a good massage, or who likes to be pampered!

wonderful place for vacation

by TripAdvisor Member sawari

a Excellant place for vacation.
About 3-4 hours drive from Mangalore airport.
good weather all time in year.
Excellant view all the time of the mountains and Cauvery river.
good picknic spots around for day outings.
Good staying facilities with Club Mahindra resort and orange county resort

Jungle Feel

by TripAdvisor Member vvbal

Coorg is one of most loved hil station and Club Mahindra Resort is located in a natural jungle. You can really venture out within the resort for adventurous sports like spider web, trekking, river crossing. The activity centre has good amount of engagement for children like glass painting , oil painting, Doll making etc.
The staff welcome you with traditional coorg style with tikka and arathi. Nice welcome drink.
Rooms are very spacious and amazingly clean.
There are two restaurants, one normal and one thatched. (Strict Veg restaurant) Food prices are reasonable.
Staff are very courteous.
Cliamte is always good.
Good calm place.

Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member EnjoyHoliday09

Great Resort in a Quiet place surrounded by coffee plantation.

As soon as you reach you will feel relaxed.

So much to do within resort like ayurvedic massage, adventure sports, evening family activities, walk through resort.

We had a great time.

Morning Tea in Balcony Overlooking Plush Green View

by TripAdvisor Member wanderlustGurgaon

We had a enjoyable trip in Mahindra Resorts Coorg. Hospitality of the place and unmatchable and our stay was all the more fun with india winning T20 World Cup during our stay!!

Lots of activities planned by hotel makes it a fun filled 3-4 days trip.

ENjoi

Excellent accomodation but lacks a lot

by TripAdvisor Member DamnTimeShare

Hello!!!
To all living out of the bags. I recently took a holiday at the Club Mahindra Kodagu Valley....Wonderful place... i mean Coorg for its natural beauty. CM-Kodagu Valley location by itself is beautiful and scenic but then u r cut-off from everything. For basic necessities you need to drive 5 KM and thats a lot considering that theres nothing in between... Transport is expensive.

Tell you what if you are looking for solitude.. then its a fantastic place to relax and get laid back.. Imagine 12 Deg at night... The accomodation is fascinating and the 1BR rooms that we stayed had a view of the valley. I am not sure about the Studio apartments. They do have a nice nature trail (chargeable for any activities but tis worth). My wife went for one of those Burma bridge or something of that sort. The swimming pool is small although and u have some crazy people around. .Food is great and reasonable... 600 p.p/day.. They have a buffet system& yes an excellent CHEF- SUMAN... My toddler who is 2 year old has his likes but Suman made sure that he didnt meet disappointment.. CM also has an exclusive Veggie treat restaurant.

They have indoor recreational activities... beware of that housie game... Thats for making money for CM. Money pooled and the money distributed has a huge difference. You might be better off counting your luck.

MERCARA COFFEE ESTATE (Private trip-Self arranged): I was unsure if my mother and my Mother in law were enjoying the place... but i put those doubts to rest when i took them to the MERCARA COLD COFFEE ESTATE.. The variety of plants, saplings for spices was incredible. Coffee beans in various stages... both the moms sort of ignored me & my wife and went busy exploring the place.. Memories are still etched in my mind with the laughter they had.

Golden Temple: We paid a visit to the biggest tibetian monestary in India. My toddler who is 2.3 years ran from one door and came out of the other...When he came out of the door he screamed with joy.... like...yeeeeaaaahhh (as though he got freed from clutches)... this when there were about 5-600 monks praying...

For guests/members;- the amount of money you pay for a membership and the ASF collected by CM i do not rate it as a Five star. Glad if it can get away with a 3* but for its accomodation I would settle down with a 4* as having stayed at 5* properties around the world luxury & service should definitely have a special meaning.

Negative:- A lot
Housekeeping :- The day that I arrived I asked for some tea bags and some milk satchets... never arrived even until the next day after having spoken to the Housekeeping manager. Too lousy. So much so that they dont even lift their heads to see that the wall clock hadent been working for days. The microwave wasnt working

Kitchen: Their cabinet bears a kind of stink as like some cockroaches infestation. It beacuse of the humidity acting on those wooden cabinets.

Check in: I had to spend 10 min waiting to be attended. When I asked a waiter for a glass of water he directed me to the restaurant downstairs... this after having driven for 4 hrs on the steep mountains. Nobody seem to bother.. No reception.. unlike in Goa where you are greeted on arrival. I think the guys at the reception were busy in their brisk business of accompanied package tours..

Bathroom: Do not have proper labelling for Hot/Cold taps.

Guests: Club Mahindra although markets itself as a five star property but the kind of people it gets is equal to or less then 3 star. people blurping loud in the restaurant.. people crowding near the reception area as though it was a meeting point. guests have no decorum.

I hired a private cab for sight seeing Coorg. Coorg has its own beauty. Its a wonderful place to spend good time with family. I would definitely go back ... unsure if Kodagu valley would be my choice.

Fantastic Holidays

by TripAdvisor Member Yogi_D

Great & big resort. Equipped with all facilities, it's a best way to spend quality time with your loved ones. Slightly expensive, if you are not a member of club.
Resort has all facilities like swimming pool, Cyber cafe, gaming zone, garden, dining bar, etc.
Food here is great.

With Nature

by TripAdvisor Member brijesh8nov

Club Mahindra Resort at COORG was our first visit to any Club Mahindra resort. We got free vouchers for 3 nights stay and decided to use them.

Coorg is driving distance from Bangalore, we reached coorg early morning and June is a rainy season there. It was raining, but the hotel stall was awake at 4:00 am in morning. The entrance to the resort is just amazing, it is build in old kerala style where the rain water flows into the hall in a pond, really cute.

We checked in early morning and were given a Studio room. The room was nice and had all facilities required. There was a balocny, but it was raining so we coudn't really use it. Also we got a ground floor room so coudn't really use it much.

The first day we went out in a mini bus which was arranged by the resort for a tour of coorg valley, it was great to go around the valley, we did some coffee shopping(coffee is one of the things Coorg is famous for).

The hospitality of hotel staff was simply great, as it was raining, they even gave us umbrella's to carry along with us. The another thing that I really enjoyed during the stay was amazing food.

It has been 2 years since me and my wife went for that stay and it was just perfect, we are again planning to go there. I would recommend it to anyone looking for Honeymoon.

Our Summer Getaway From Bangalore

by TripAdvisor Member raj_blore

We drove into the Club Mahindra resort and stopped right infront of the lobby, the luggage was swiftly downloaded and the card driven away by the valet.

We were traditionally welcomed with tika and aarti. The welcome was awesome at the reception. The front staff is thorough with their job and proffessional to the core.

The property is in a thicket and is a world in itself.
The new duplex buildings are more modern in amenities than the older block, but nevertheless nothing to take away from that block.

The rooms are spacious with all the modern trappings like LCD TV, microwave oven and high end showers. Every room has a balcony which looks into the green inside.

There are 3 restraunts. one jain type, the other are mix of all cuisines. Coffee blossom restraunt stands out .
the pool is clean and waters of the pool were inviting. We spend our mornings in the pool.
Activities are the biggest attraction at the resort. Our daughter was on her own making new friends and enjoying her time in the activity center. My wife learnt pottery and improved her TT game.

Evenings there were events held for the entire family around a bonfire and they were always awaited by all.

The space and the relaxed environs made us interact with others and we made new friends.

Club Mahindra will definetely go down as one of the best summer holiday we have had.

a memrable escape

by TripAdvisor Member surfergirl93

the hotel is quite spacious and well spread out. the sourroundings and atmosphere is relaxing. there are many activities and special events organised by the hotel.

Carved detail on a chariotCarved detail on a chariot

Bus station in OotyBus station in Ooty

BEAUTIFULBEAUTIFUL

Outside the templeOutside the temple

Comments