Mysore Hotels

Our Members Say

• kamaferro profile photo kamaferro
  • Reviews: 8

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ginger Mysore: Budget hotel including pigeons feathers

We had an extra mattress in the room, in the West an extra bed is not a mattress in the floor. Quite unusual for a hotel to sleep in the floor like in a dormitory !
From the A/C were coming out pigeons' feathers, lot of disturbances from the pigeons nesting just on the top of the A/C. My son had feathers all over the bed.

The hotel is meant mainly for Indians, we had no English channels and the breakfast was very poor for Westerners and with a variety for Indians.

Staff at the reception not very friendly and rude. We arrived after 16.00 quite tired and the room was not ready. Wi-fi cards for less than 24 hours not available as well as the Internet access through their computer.

They charged my credit card 3 months in advance and never offered me the 15% discount applied to people who book at least 15 days in advance. I got it only because I wrote to the Manager. The rate was not that cheap for a budget hotel and not even breakfast included. TATA wants to make money also in this industry !!!!!!!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written January 28, 2010

• vpas profile photo vpas
  • Reviews: 729

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

hotel dasaprakash: clean and comfortable accomodation

there are two branches of dasaprakash hotels in mysore.i stayed at the new one and found the rooms to be good and clean.they have a restraurant which is fairly good,not much choice of food.but decently good

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written January 25, 2009

• cuppadamoksha profile photo cuppadamoksha
  • Reviews: 48

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pegasus Art Bistro: Authentic German Food in Mysore

Hi Joanna,

Its a late reply but i hope it helps. I stumbled upon this art bistro just 20 mins out of mysore called pegasus art bistro. It has accomodation and if you are interested you could book yourself into in via the website -- www.pegasusonline.org

I am based in Coorg which just a 2hr drive from Mysore so mebe we can try and work out a Vt meet once you are here either in Mysore or Coorg if you are interested.

Authentic German Food , Cheap & Safe Accomodation , Close to Mysore and Unknown Artists encouraged by selling their paitings there.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Arts and Culture
  • Written September 13, 2008

• piscesfly profile photo piscesfly
  • Reviews: 3

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mannars Lodge: Cheap, big and rude

Mannars lodge has huge rooms with double beds and ensuite western style toilets and shower. Though not terribly clean, it's bearable. Singles without TV are 182 rs. All seemed pretty good until the money issue came up. When I said I would be staying a few days, the manager asked I give him a 200 rs deposit for each day that I stayed. I told him I didn't think it was appropriate to pay more than the value of the room for the deposit and that I would just pay him the room amount each day. He agreed and we had our little arrangement worked out. Then on the last day, I told him I wanted to check out 5 hours later than usual. He said that was fine as long as I paid 80 rs. I said fine. So then when I went to check out, he said I owed 182 rs for my late checkout and I protested and told him that was not our agreement. He became very rude and started phoning the owner to talk about it. By this time I had already handed him 100 rs, expecting change. When It became clear this was gonna be a major issue, I told him I had a rickshaw waiting and was not about to miss my train over this. I told him he could keep the 100rs which was more than our agreement and that he'd have to sort out the rest. He was very rude and shouted at me but I just left, anxious about missing my train and pissed off about how false and rude he had been. I was the only westerner staying there and although the room was good, the management was so rude that I would not recommend staying there.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive