Gaanam Hotel

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Kochi

Street near Old Jew TownStreet near Old Jew Town

suresh and sunilsuresh and sunil

Picture - from Emirates websitePicture - from Emirates website

Jew Town - KochiJew Town - Kochi

Kochi trip

by baruny2k

Hi, I am planning for a Kochi trip during Christmas. Could somebody suggest di

good hotels/restaurant and places to visit in Kochi.....

by markdingle

Yeah..Kochin is a nice place...

by Mique

There is a nice castle in Kochi. And on the island you have the Isa valley but i never visited that. Though my friend told me she thinks it is really nice. Hope this helps.

by nairramesh

You may please visit CHERAI BEACH, Pallipuram Fort,
Alwaye Palace, Bekal Fort, Bolghatty Palace,Hill Palace Museum,Jewish Synagogue,Mattancherry.

for more details:

http://www.cheraihotels.com or
http://www.pappiontours.com/places.html for our various packages.

Or Contact at 9391122186

Regrds

by hb_capri

there are numerous backwater trips to places in and around cochin from the marine drive.if u have a higher budget you could hire a houseboat from alleppey or kumarakom(both an 40 - 60 mins drive from cochin)....its worth it!

places to visit
hill station - munnar
beach -marari beach(alleppey) , cherai beach
backwaters - kumarakom,alleppey
wildlife santuary -thekkady

if u r interested in cultural shows....there is a daily kathakali(traditional dance form of kerala) recital in the city close to the South Railway station.

p.s-most of the hotels r fully booked during december.make sure u book in advance

by musaphir

hi hb capri
i have been advised by some of my friends that it will take at least one and a half hours to drive from cochin to alleppey. is it correct or is there any shorter and faster route?

how much is the boat trip from alleppey to kumarakom likely to cost for two persons?
musaphir

by hb_capri

well it really depends on which part of town u r driving from n the time of the day.the max time i've taken is 1 hour.we take the National Highway(NH) 47....straight route.

there r diff kinds of boats available.theres a place called 'Finish Point'(thats where the famous snake boat race ends) in alleppey where u can hire the boats from.r u thinking of spending the night on the boat? the boat we hired cost us Rs 9000 for a day.it was one with 3 airconditioned bedrooms

by musaphir

hi hb capri
thank you for the valuable information. you must be right since you have first hand information.

the info on the boats is particularly helpful.
tks
musaphir

by amitz271

There is a whole range of hotels in cochin you can choose for. This site provides contact address and phone number with their website link.

Travel Tips for Kochi

Hareesh and his Ferrari

by cochinjew

Cochin, 13th July 2007
The other night, looking for an autorikshaw at 6 30 pm, and finding nonw, I had walked towards Mattanchery, where I was supposed to meet Rockey Neroth. While none passed me by, I could see a line snaking around the entrance of the ferry to Ernakulam. A group of autorikshaw drivers were there, joking around . A young man came over to me, spoke in the typical pidgin English of this tourist area, he, pointing out to another driver, is your uncle. Okay I joined along, going over to the driver (who had somewhat of a grandiose name of shah Jehan, the emperor who built Taj Mahal)…
Soon Rockey arrived in his car, and off we went.
I had not thought about that incident until this morning, as I was walking towards the Pharmacy to buy some medications. The autorikshaw stopped, the same young man, where are you going? Just to the pharmacy, I am going that way hop in, without hesitation I Jumped in. we drove the short distance to Tara Medical and while there, I invited him for tea at the restaurant next door
My name is Hareesh. And that is my Ferrari. And I could immediately tell that he is naturally friendly and that he was not looking for anything from me. Just to pass a little time away. He showed pictures of his two boys. And asked me where I am from?
To make matters less difficult, I said Cuba. For some reason he said, do they speak the same language there as in Argentina? I realized that he might have met some argentine tourists. Me gusta cochin mucho, lluvia y calor pero me gusta. He said. To my surprise.

Not that good

by PierreZA about Kashi Art Cafe

Described in Lonely Planet as a "hip art cafe". I would rate this cafe as below average. The lunch menu consisted of 2 choices. There were some cakes available as well, but you won't get a substantial meal here. Service was rather poor. No favourite

Visit Folklore Theater and Museum

by bungi333

Again, i haven't visited this place myself, but saw it in the passing when we were driving through the town. The reviews i have read about this place were interesting.

It is open from 9.30 am to 7 pm.

I think it will be a real good cultural experience.

They also have some cultural shows. You can check their website for details.

This place is on my list for the next time i visit Kochi.

Chinese Fishing Nets (1)

by suvanki

One of the most popular sights of Cochin are these rows of cantilevered fishing nets.

This efficient and effective way of fishing was introduced by Chinese traders from the court of Kublai Khan.

Although they appear to have a simple design they are quite complicated and expensive to set up.

Please see my next tips for more details-

This was the one day during my Kerala holiday that there was no blue sky :-(

Rubber tree plantations

by cadzand

On our way from Kottayam to Thekkady and the Periyar Lake, a very scenic road leads us along rubber tree, coffee and tea plantations. A steep climb through the Anamalai Hills with the Anaimudi 2695 m high offers another breathtaking view. Time to have a break and taste a cardamom tea on this small terrace.

You may visit a rubber tree plantation at Kanjirapalli at the Thomas Joseph Parampil & Co

Comments