Kochi Hotels

Our Members Say

• Donna_in_India profile photo Donna_in_India
  • Reviews: 895

Good Karma Inn: An Okay Place to Stay

Based on all the reviews I read I had high hopes for Good Karma Inn. It was fine but nothing special. The small common living room and kitchen were located on the ground floor. To reach your room you need to go outside to the stairs. The rooms were clean although the bedding was a little frayed and the towels a little dingy and thin (a hotel pet peeve of mine). AC and non AC options were available. There was a small balcony overlooking the back alley and homes on the other side of the alley. The room was basic - no TV or extras. Bathroom had a western toilet and an Indian shower. Breakfast was included - tea, eggs/omelette/toast.

Good Kamra Inn is located on a quiet side street. It is not very near the Chinese fishing nets side of town. The most difficult thing for us was having to walk up to the main corner to flag down a rickshaw (not always easy) to come to the Inn because we were traveling with my elderly mother-in-law. Normally that's not the kind of thing that would have bothered us.

When I booked the room I was quoted Rs 1200 a night for an AC room and Rs 800 a night for non AC, which is what we booked. When we went to check out I was told that the non AC was Rs 1200. I normally have the printed confirmation with me but didn't have it then. They ended up agreeing to the Rs 800 but made me feel like they were doing me a favor.

This place is definitely value for money, but I think I'd choose someplace else to stay on my return to Kochi.

• Related to: Singles, Women's Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written March 7, 2013

Good Karma Inn

• Donna_in_India profile photo Donna_in_India
  • Reviews: 895

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

XL Homestay: An Excellent Homestay!

During our visit to Kochi, we stayed at XL Homestay. After corresponding with owner Judi prior to our arrival, it was nice to be warmly welcomed by her. She showed us to our room. We selected a room with AC and I was glad we did because it was hot in Kochi!

Our room was spacious and clean with a flat screen TV and a balcony overlooking the street in the front of the house. The bed was comfy, there were clean bedding and towels, and there was plenty of hot water.

Breakfast was made to order and served on an upstairs terrace. Judi was fiendly and helpful coordinating our backwater trip. The location was great - very near Fort Kochi Beach and the Chinese nets. Several restaurants and shops within walking distance. Would definitely recommend staying here!

• Related to: Family Travel, Women's Travel, Singles
  • Written February 27, 2013

XL Homestay

• y2ketan2007 profile photo y2ketan2007
  • Reviews: 208

Hotel Hill View

An excellent little hotel situated in the IT corridor of the city.

Modern rooms with very good facilities.Good service in the restaurant.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written January 6, 2013

Reception Area

• mikeajtaylor profile photo mikeajtaylor
  • Reviews: 11

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Fort Garden Residency: Home Stay

I spent a couple of weeks in this pleasant house just a stones throw away from the centre of Fort Cochin. Thomas Tharian, the owner, is a kind helpful host and I won't hesitate to stay again the next time I find myself in Kochi!

The home stay is tucked away in a quiet corner away from through traffic. My room had a double bed, both A/C and a fan and the shower had hot water.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written February 11, 2012

A little oasis of calm!

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 949

Bethel Home Stay: A great home stay

I was looking for accommodation not far from the centre, and I found this great place.
The owner rent this very clean and spacious apartment located on the first floor of a new house: two double rooms with private bath, a great living room and a kitchen.
I must say, this was the best place I stayed in India.

My room was located on the back side which was very important to me because one of the windows was facing another flat and the other a back house with trees aroud, so I had natural air conditioning.
Owners are kind and helpful.
Tourist places in Fort Cochin are easily accessible in walking distance.
If you wish to visit Mattenchury, in 20 minutes walking you reach the Dutch Palace.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written December 7, 2010
Tip Photo

• djuliet profile photo djuliet

Cottage: Best Homestay In Kerela

Hi I am also going to Kerela and am staying at private cottage it is a great place and it is called www.bensbungalow.in Ben is a great guy and will arrange everything for you. Good Luck

Friendly friendly friendly...Location, accomodation, personality, food, very clean,

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written October 16, 2010

• bungi333 profile photo bungi333
  • Reviews: 96

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Woods Manor: An okayish place to stay

While the initial impression was agreeable things went a bit downhill for me towards the end of my 24 hours stay.

The lobby decor was decent, but the room spray they had used was strong and started to give me a headache.

The room was decently clean and spacious and comfortable. Yet, i got a bad headache from my stay there because of poor ventilation.

The upside was that it was neat, clean and affordable. Definitely a decent place. Located in the centre of the town.

They serve complimentary breakfast there. But i'd recommend that you check out other restaurants for your other meals during the day.

Located centrally. They have a gym, a pool, and a massage place.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 16, 2010
Tip Photo

• tartanron profile photo tartanron

The Secret Garden: Hidden in Cochin

We were welcomed by Thora the Icelandic owner of this quiet and luxurious homestay hidden in the back streets of Cochin. A wonderful start to an incredible holiday. In our 1st 48 hours we cycled around the town on Indian bicycles (steel tanks!) and got caught in the moonson, went to a art show opening followed by a buffet that was delivered in huge pans on the back of a tuktuk, met the local art scene, travelled up into the mountains with Thora's yogi and washed elephants and went river swimming and ate fresh cocao beans lunch of banana leaves in another monsoon.

Brilliant

Wonderfully friendly group of rooms around a delightful swimming pool in a "Secret Garden". Staff that just want you to be happy and a marvelous hostess

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Arts and Culture
  • Written July 16, 2010

• Melbournite profile photo Melbournite
  • Reviews: 8

Noah's Ark: Comfortable homestay with wonderful hosts

We stayed on New Year's Eve after spending four nights in two other places in Kochi. It was recommended by Carnival Tours in Kochi. Noah's Ark was way better! It is not far from cafes and the hub of tourist activity. It's very close to the only ATM in Kochi! We were made to feel really welcome from the first moment. Our room was spacious and had lots of comfortable fittings. Good wi fi on the computer next to our room. Really nice breakfast. The host family is justifibly proud of all the positive reviews they get- and they deserve them all.

Very friendly! Close to the only ATM. Easy 5 minute walk to cafes, seafood market, Chinese fishing nets.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Historical Travel, Beaches
  • Written June 3, 2010

• Azadehkhodaparast profile photo Azadehkhodaparast
  • Reviews: 5

Green woods Bethlehem Homestay: My Home in Kerala

You feel like calling hoemto your mom at the first minute you call them to ask for reservation! This lovely homestay belongs to lovely and caring family which do their best to make you feel at home. It's in the middle of a nice garden in Fort cochin in walking distance from all the attractions. They serve lovely breakfast and she run after you to make sure that you had everything for breakfast before leaving. You really feel at home in this relaxing and clean homestay. We definitely recommend them

• Written April 4, 2010

• cochinjew profile photo cochinjew
  • Reviews: 1735

Hotel Metropolitan Ernakulam: Convenient place to stay

The hotel is undergoing renovations now that makes the stay slightly uncomfortable, but who would want to miss the smiles on the face of the ladies at the reception plus an excellent restaurant..
Please book through suresh or sunil at indiatouristland and you would be assured of the lowest tariff.

• Written February 13, 2010
Tip Photo

• kamaferro profile photo kamaferro
  • Reviews: 8

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sithara Homestay: Very nice homestead like a family

Very warm and friendly owners, they treated us like a family. Enjoyable stay. We miss them. Good location and quiet place. Nice place to stay in Fort Kochi rest assured

Friendly owners and good food. Feeling at home

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written January 29, 2010

• bungi333 profile photo bungi333
  • Reviews: 96

YMCA, Ernakulam: Decent place to bunk

The place was economical and pretty decent. Has a fairly decent restaurant downstairs. Would also recommend that one tries other places to eat in Kochi/Ernakulam. The greatest benefit is, this place is just a couple of kilometers from Ernakulam Town train station. Hence, a great place to stay when entering/exiting Kerala through Ernakulam/Kochi.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 7, 2009

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

Chennatt Homes: New but simple

This place is located near the Ham Dale Inn (see Lonely Planet) and was opened on Christmas Day 2006 and I stayed here shortly after it opened in February 2007. Everything was nice, new and clean and I had a room without a bathroom as some Swiss friends of mine had the other room that was available that came with a bathroom but I didn't matter. My room was quite simple with 2 single beds pushed together, a wooden stand thing, chair, ceiling fan (some come with a/c). My room cost Rs500.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written September 21, 2009
Tip Photo

• anastasia_russia profile photo anastasia_russia

Sithara Homestay: Lovely Homestay or B&B in Cochin

Situated on one of the streets of Fort Cochin, Sithara Homestay is a family run stay.The owners, Harry and Mary are a welcoming, helpful, and kind couple. They took care of all our needs including tickets to shows, sight seeing, taxi and laundry. The food we had at Sithara Homestay is by far the best food we have had in India. The Indian breakfast they served was out of this world. Sithara Homestay offers a wide range of rooms. Starting from Luxury family apartment with balcony and Double AC bedrooms to Single Non AC budget rooms. Rooms are Mosquito free. Water heaters/hot water facility, Laundry are available. Traditional Kerala cuisine and Continental food provided on order. Special rates are available to subject to conditions and availability of rooms. Airport pickup will be arranged if required.

Sithara Homestay offers a wide range of rooms. Starting from Luxury family apartment with balcony and Double AC bedrooms to Single Non AC budget rooms. Rooms are Mosquito free. Water heaters/hot water facility, Laundry are available. Traditional Kerala cuisine and Continental food provided on order. Special rates are available to subject to conditions and availability of rooms. Sithara Homestay is situated in the heart of Fort Cochin and is walking distance from all major sights. You can visit Chinese nets, Beaches, Spice Markets, Ancient Architecture, Vasco Da Gama church(oldest Church in India), Jew Town, the synagogue and the Dutch Palace etc.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Beaches, Family Travel