The Renaissance Cochin

Expedia.com Travelocity HotelTravel.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 60% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• bennoor's Profile Photo

Good location, not so good service

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights but have to pay for 4 nights. I went to Cochin to attend a meeting. The hotel was booked by the local organizers. But payment had to be managed by me. When I arrived there, it was morning. The location of the hotel is very good for business people, beside a main road and well communicated. However, the lobby was small and the reception was unimpressive. I asked the person at reception to allot me a room few hours later to avoid paying for an extra day. He said that my name is already in booking list and I may enter the room now. They will not charge for these extra few hours.
    The room was nice. Though was not extremely luxurious, there was almost all facilities. I liked it very much. I stayed comfortably for 3 nights.
    My return flight was in early morning. The problem raised on the evening before last night. I asked for an estimation of charges. They mentioned 4 nights stay, calculating the first few hours as a whole day. I told them about the words I had with the reception person on 1st day. They seemed to be ignorant of that information & were reluctant to crosscheck. After a few minutes’ bargain and several times telecosultation with the Manager, they offered me a 50% discount for the 1st day. Embarrassed & exhausted, I agreed & wanted to pay the bill at that moment. They said they would take it in the early morning during my check out.
    In the early morning, with all my bags and luggage, in a hurry for rushing to the airport, the reception-man asked for 4 nights payment! I told him about last evening’s conversations. He seemed to be ignorant about that. What he was telling is that, it is not in the computer, & I have to pay the full. I asked him to contact the hotel manager. He said manager is sleeping & he cannot call him! What a nonsense!
    Not having enough time in my hand to catch the flight, I gave the money and came out with a bitter experience. But I enjoyed Cochin very much. That’s a different story.

Comments