, Kumarakom, Kerala, India
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Coconut Lagoon

I've stayed in both budget and...

by travelmad478

I've stayed in both budget and business-class accommodations throughout India. Obviously, the business hotels are my first choice (the Oberoi in Bombay is my #1 favorite) but there are plenty of good cheap places as well. Just make sure you get a room with air conditioning! You'll need it! Another fantastic place where, sadly, I stayed just one night was Coconut Lagoon outside Kochi, Kerala. This is a lovely resort and is well worth the price (we paid about $100 per night for a room with two double beds).

a nice stay

by TripAdvisor Member teresia33

I stayed here with my mother in september for just 2 days. The resort got a big swimming pool, nice restaurant with a very rich buffet for the lunch and dinner, other sea food restaurant and a pool bar. The resort is having 23 acres land, mostly with green lawns and canals. The room was lake facing, air-conditioned,devided in two parts with wooden steps to the upstairs where is the bed room. Banana trees and orchids are everywhere even inside the bathroom which is very particular with no roof. The transport is also good, considering u can reach the hotel only by a boat, which they provide at any time. Many activities also offering from the hotel which i didn't participate.
A small handicap of the hotel is there is no television in the rooms and no internet connections. Its a place for the complete relax..We noticed that the restaurant staff giving a little more preference to foreighners, even if there are a lot of indian tourists also.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Satisfied1

We stayed here for two nights in December and cannot recommend it enough. We were given one of the heritage villas a two storey room which was unique. It was very clean with an outside bathroom. The staff are really friendly and very helpful. The food was superb with lots to choose from, we didn't try the seafood restaurant but other members of our party did and thoroughly enjoyed it. We took a bird watching tour first thing in the morning and the guide was so knowledgeable it was amazing and the variety of birds out of this world. This was a very relaxing two days and I only wish we could have stayed longer, we left on a rice boat which was a good experience but one night was enough, the mossies are unbearable. I definately recommend this hotel.

Peaceful Resort

by TripAdvisor Member CalvinLondon

Stayed here at the beginning of Jan. A really nice and quiet hotel. No noise, lovely scenery and very green. Boat ride to the resort was fun and made it more special. Clean and friendly hotel and a nice pool as well. Once in the resort the hotel put on activites, such as traditional dancing and sunset boat trips. There not a great deal to do here so a week would be too long however a few nights are excellent. India is not expensive so the hotel is quite reasonable. Had a massage and therapy at the hotel and this was fantastic and great value.

Resort Accomodation on the Backwaters

by husain

"Poovar Resort"

Kerala - God's Country

by fleetfoot

Words fail me, and colours cease to impress upon the photographs. Though I might be a bit biased for this was probably amongst the best holidays of my life - with the woman I love the most (t'was my honeymoon too). In short, it's a photographer's paradise, a lover's delight and if you relish sea-food, it gets your endocrine glands going too. Hurry, pack your bags; your lenses and your appetite.

"Places To Visit"

Notable destinations to visit - Coconut Lagoon (Kumarakum, backwaters); Spice Village (Periyar) and an overnight halt in one of the rubber plantations of Portugese heritage. Trust me, it's a fairy tale.

The Backwaters and Lake Periyar

by fleetfoot

"Coconut Lagoon"

A few hours drive from Cochin and then by a speed boat into your own private lagoon - with the lagoon being criss-crossed with canals and overbridges. Each unit (housing) stands by its own and the structures are wooden, with the features quaint, but modern. The best part is .... the open air toilet, complete with shower, et all. Its like your own, private "jungle" waterfall.

"Backwaters"

The backwaters are beautiful. You take a canoe or a simple, wooden U-boat design boat and laze through the unending canals and explore the beauty that basks hidden inside God's varied and various small isles. On one such trip, on the banks of the canal, we had small children keeping pace with our boat, and they called out to us "Sir, do you have a pen please". Truly, a state of 100% literacy.

"Periyar"

Lake Periyar, where again in small powered boats you go chugging across the vast expanse, trying to get a glimpse of the teeming wilderness whose abodes are within the forests that surround the lake. A marvellous experience, but do not forget to take your zoom.

The Coconut LagoonThe Coconut Lagoon

Part of Padmanabhapuram palace.Part of Padmanabhapuram palace.

Fesh Black Peppercorns for saleFesh Black Peppercorns for sale

Namaste welcome on carriage doorsNamaste welcome on carriage doors

Looking for accom over new yr

by wesrae

Hi All

We have flights booked to Trivandrum for 5 nights over new year. We are desperately trying to find availability, but fast running out of options, everything is booked up!

Any ideas anyone?

by baijupadmanabhan

which category of hotels you are looking for?

RE: RE: Looking for accom over new yr

by wesrae

Ideally we are looking for 3* hotel, but to be honest would consider any available. We have our flights booked and also the first 2 nights, but cannot find anywhere that can give us a booking for 29th, 30th 31st Dec.

I'm just a bit worried about trying to find a place when we get there, and not being able to get anything!!

RE: RE: Looking for accom over new yr

by baijupadmanabhan

Sorry for a late reply,
Dd u get the rooms?
hav u tried in Allepey or Cochin

by ManPal

Hi There!!!

I know its to late now. May be you have already book rooms. If not let me know.

CheerZ!!

by helpfulguy

hope u have solved ur problem if not contact me, if u r travelling to Alleppey or Cochin please contact me mail@aneeshs.com or ring me at 09349227171

by rajesh99

try for www.hotelmoonlight.in , they have an online booking facility.

Comments