Marthoma Retreat Home

More about Munnar

Boat ride in MettupettyBoat ride in Mettupetty

Tea estatesTea estates

Echo PointEcho Point

A prefent view for shootingA prefent view for shooting

How will be my trip in munnar from july 10 - july 14th?

by sahitya

Hi,

I planned to visit munnar with my wife on july 10th.We will come to cochin by flight and stay in cochin for 1 day.Next day we will go to munnar by car and stay there for 2 days.On 13th we will proceed to alleppey and stay there in house boat for 1 day.On 14th we will reach cochin airport.

I came to know that july is rainy season in munnar.I already booked tickets for my travel.Also paid for the package.Please let me know How it will be in munnar during my trip..We will have a car from day 1 to day 4 with us during our trip.

Please reply me as soon as possible..I'm much worried about my trip :(

by abi_maha

Hi
Monsoons is not a great time to be in Munnar since it is hardly commercialised and consists of just peaks and tea gardens...there will be no way to escape from the rains. Pls see if you can change your itinerary. Speak to the owner of the property where you have booked regarding your concerns and then take a call.
Hope this helps.
rgds
Abi

by ricky52

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Munnar for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

UV level 11 = Extreme
Humidity = High

by shameer786

Hi,

I suppose you want to stay at Munnar with your family which lies on the border of Tamilnadu & Kerala. When you finish your Munnar trip and travel down south to Ooty, you will come across a beautiful dreamland, Kurumba Village Resorts situated adjacent to the ghat road between Ooty and Mettuppalayam at the area known as Upper Burliar. This could be reached also by one of the most romantic of vehicles: The Nilgiri Mountain Train except that you reach Coonoor and travel by road for 12 kms.

Just to let you all know that I spent my summer holiday vacation during the month of May at Kurumba Village Resort in Ooty & Coonoor & witnessed the enchanting scenic beauty of the Nilgiris & Kurumba Village. I also found rejuvenating specially prepared Indian herbal medicines at Cottages for longevity at Coonoor & Ooty, Tamilnadu in India. This is a website - http://www.kurumbavillageresort.com , I would rather recommend everyone to have a look at it first before you make up your mind for staying at Kurumba Village Hotels & Resorts. God! He reminds me of his own land - the beautiful Kurumbadi village!

Travel Tips for Munnar

Bangalore/Chennai to Munnar via coimbatore

by prasaddeo

Munnar is good place to chill off in summers if one is staying in south india. two days are good for munnar trip.

Via coimbatore one can reach munnar from bangalore/chennai. Many KSRTC buses from bangalore to coimbatore ply from Majestic bus stand. Buses are good and roads also. It takes around 9 hrs to reach coimbatore from bangalore. Munnar is reached via udumalpethu from coimbatore. Bangalore bus drops at TTC bus stand, coimbatore. From there one needs to go to Ukadam bus stand of coimbatore. Ukadam to Udamalpethu, lot of buses ply, a journey of around 1.5 hrs. From there almost every one hour buses to munnar leave. The time taken is 3.5 hrs. the route is scenic.

Once in munnar use local city buses, discuss with free tourist centre, they guide well. rickshaw would be costly affiar. We stayed at Bella vista resort @ chithirapuram. Very nice place, service is also fine, but food is not good. prefer to eat in city market. Sarvana bhavan for south type and Patel restaurant for gujrathi/marathi type are good places. Patel is very good restaurant for food quality and rates. It is near hotel eeshwarya/post office.

we hired a rickshaw for 600 rs per day. the driver name was "aji", very good person, decent and friendly. His rickshaw no. KL 06 D 5207. One raeely finds such good person in tourist places. We paid him extra 100 bucks for his service. On first day we covered top station route. it takes around 6-8 hrs. boating in mattupetty dam is good. kundala lake is cool place. hire a pedal boat....and relax in lake. top station is not that great, but the route to it is fantasic. many places to click n save.

next day we covered ervikulam wildlife sanctuary route. great place. no wild life, nilgiri tahr is OK. but the place is most memorable in munnar. cool breeze, lush greenery, clouds pouring.....view from top is simply superb.

in summers waterfalls would be dry:( but still places are worth visiting. in and all, munnar is fundooo trip for two days fully spent there. add one and half more for travelling.

Mattupetty Lake & Dam

by ajayzener

Mattupetty located 13 km from Munnar is situated at a height of 1700 m. It is a very beautiful picnic spot. You can take a walk on the dam and admire the beauty. The lake also has boating and various kinds of peddal and motorboats are available for hire. If you are lucky then you can spot some elephants on the banks. There are lots of birds for bird watching enthusiasts.

Munnar - A Lovely Hill Station

by y2ketan2007

"Tea Country !"

Munnar is a lovely hill station in the southern Indian state of Kerala.It is about three hours drive from Cochin.The scenery is breathtaking .During the monsoon many small and big waterfalls come alive.There is a lovely 'Tea Museum' in the city showcasing the production and manufacture of tea over the ages.

"On the gentle slopes"

The entire town is a lush green carpet of tea gardens.Some of the finest tea in the world is grown here.

Comments