Quilon Hotels

Our Members Say

• ushar profile photo ushar
  • Reviews: 148

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

AQUASSERENNE: For a calm and quite stay near Kollam & Varkala

This time we decided to have the batch meet with a difference..a 2 day meet. Our group reached forenoon and stayed for the night and departed next day evening 5 pm. Though it is in Kollam dist. it is also quite close to Kappil, Varkala. The resort just on the backwaters is scenic and of course serene.The atmosphere was so calm and refreshing.You can just enjoy the backwater expanses at your leisure or observe the abundant flora and fauna, including the lush green mangrove forests. You may also course along the shores watching the rural life of the native people engaged in traditional fishing.Experience the unique back-water eco-system that nurtures rare and endemic plants, fish and amphibians. They do arrange boat drive in the backwaters. You can experience birds like darters, cormorants, kingfishers, terns and large migrant birds will flutter before you. I wish the cottages were maintained better. Also food quality should be improved.

LAKE VIEW VILLAS \ Cottages. These are independent cottages overlooking the lake, each with one large bedroom with attached open air bathroom and a spacious sit out. Made in French architectural style, with all modern amenities, There are fifteen of these villas in Aquasserenne. It is worth staying in these cottages.Try to take this only.. We took this cottage as we didnt like the one which is having living area and toilet on the ground floor and the bed room on the upper floor.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Eco-Tourism, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 9, 2014

Cottages

• pradeepkumar profile photo pradeepkumar
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Royale Regency, Oachira / Kayankulam: A Hotel to be avoided

This hotel failed in all respects from internet booking to the check out. I booked a room over internet and the transaction site deducted the money from my credit promptly and It directed me to a blank site! The Hotel confirmed my booking after several calls and emails with my internet transaction details! On arrival, they indicated to me that I have to pay them again as the money has not reached their account! I was helpless and asked them to check with their bank again. The front office staff were untrained and they handled the situation as if I am trying to cheat them. The room was mouldy and the bed linens / towels were smelly. The restaurant food was miserable as the business was very poor. They had limited items available and we were the only occupants on three occasions when we used the restaurant! On check out they demanded 2 days rent as I checked out about 1 hr 30 minutes later than their standard check out time of 12:00 noon. Interestingly, I had indicated to them that I wanted an early check-in and a late check-out, which was readily agreed by one of their front office staff. After much pleading with their manger - a short tempered and arrogant man - we managed to get out after paying 50% for the second day! Their main business is their Bar and the hotel and restaurant are managed very poorly. Not a good place to stay with family.

Nil

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written December 1, 2013

• hydtraveller profile photo hydtraveller
  • Reviews: 8

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Royale Regency: Hotel At Oachira

A nice (and maybe the only decent) hotel at Oachira

Nice Rooms, A restaurant, a coffee shop and 3 bars (doing roaring business)

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Religious Travel, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written December 2, 2009

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kodiyil Residency: In the heart of town

This place is well located in the centre of town and looks like it's been recently renovated. I had a double bed, large TV, wardrobe/cupboard unit, large mirror, ceiling fan, large table, chair, bedside table for Rs440. The room, however, smelt musty as there was no windows and so no ventilation from the outside, just a window onto a corridor. I had hot water in the morning and tea was brought to my room for free!

• Opinion of Price: N/A