Quilon Hotels

Our Members Say

• hydtraveller profile photo hydtraveller
  • Reviews: 8

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Royale Regency: Hotel At Oachira

A nice (and maybe the only decent) hotel at Oachira

Nice Rooms, A restaurant, a coffee shop and 3 bars (doing roaring business)

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Religious Travel, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written December 2, 2009
Tip Photo

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kodiyil Residency: In the heart of town

This place is well located in the centre of town and looks like it's been recently renovated. I had a double bed, large TV, wardrobe/cupboard unit, large mirror, ceiling fan, large table, chair, bedside table for Rs440. The room, however, smelt musty as there was no windows and so no ventilation from the outside, just a window onto a corridor. I had hot water in the morning and tea was brought to my room for free!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written September 22, 2009
Tip Photo

• pradeepkumar profile photo pradeepkumar
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Royale Regency, Oachira / Kayankulam: A Hotel to be avoided

This hotel failed in all respects from internet booking to the check out. I booked a room over internet and the transaction site deducted the money from my credit promptly and It directed me to a blank site! The Hotel confirmed my booking after several calls and emails with my internet transaction details! On arrival, they indicated to me that I have to pay them again as the money has not reached their account! I was helpless and asked them to check with their bank again. The front office staff were untrained and they handled the situation as if I am trying to cheat them. The room was mouldy and the bed linens / towels were smelly. The restaurant food was miserable as the business was very poor. They had limited items available and we were the only occupants on three occasions when we used the restaurant! On check out they demanded 2 days rent as I checked out about 1 hr 30 minutes later than their standard check out time of 12:00 noon. Interestingly, I had indicated to them that I wanted an early check-in and a late check-out, which was readily agreed by one of their front office staff. After much pleading with their manger - a short tempered and arrogant man - we managed to get out after paying 50% for the second day! Their main business is their Bar and the hotel and restaurant are managed very poorly. Not a good place to stay with family.

Nil