Temple Rd W, South Cliff, Varkala, Kerala, 695141, India

More about Villa Jacaranda

A little piece of heaven

by TripAdvisor Member ereeve

Villa Jacaranda is a rare find: intimate, stylish and hospitable. The attention to detail is what makes this hotel special. The staff are extremely friendly and will help you make plans during your stay (sorting taxis and house boats, etc). The breakfasts are a wonderful treat to set you going on your day, they can really do eggs!

Varkala really is a destination worth visiting, where the slow pace is a relaxing change from other 'hectic' parts of India. Villa Jacaranda is perfectly located to stroll down to the south beach (which has much fewer tourists than the north side of town).

Overall, one of the nicest places we've stayed in.

Peaceful stay, wonderful breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member ala2000

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Kerala.
Our first stop was Villa Jacaranda. We only spent 2 days there, but we would strongly recommend it!
I had read excellent reviews of the place and can now confirm they were absolutely spot on.
We had a very peaceful and pleasant stay.

Our room was spacious, very clean and had a lovely balcony, surrounded by palm trees and overlooking the beautifully kept garden.

The staff is very friendly, attentive and helpful. We were given a map of Varkala, some suggestions on where to eat and where to go for day trips.

Breakfast at Villa J. is wonderful and very tasty. I had the Indian style eggs (with freshly chopped tomatoes, onions and coriander) which were the best I had in India. No exaggeration! We also tried the potato pakora which was delicious. I think they should definitely open a Villa Jacaranda cafe or restaurant. They would be very successful.

We would definitely pay Villa J another visit!

Manuela- Palermo, Italy

what a haven...

by TripAdvisor Member saffachappa

After a busy two weeks in Central India and Bombay, this little gem was an absolute haven of calm and serentiy. Breakfasts on the terrace facing the sea and sundowners in the same spot where exactly what we were looking for. Rooms are spacious and the bathrooms perfect. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Thanks Ajay for the tailoring tips too.....4 gorgeous shirts for under £10 knocked, up in 48 hours is impossible to beat for value

Beautiful guest house in a great location

Villa Jacaranda is a beautiful guest house on the South Cliff at Varkala, a five minute walk from the beach and the Arabian sea. The house has four en-suite bedrooms all of a good size, and furnished to a high standard that fits in with the locale. The owner Ajay is a charming and attentive host who clearly knows how to run a relaxed but high quality establishment. Breakfasts were lovely, served on your own terrace for each room, and the service overall was really friendly and helpful. Varkala is spread over two beaches with cliff top restaurants, bars and shops, and is a relaxed and fun destination. Villa Jacaranda is a real find and I will be going back as soon as possible.

Forget about room 4 - go for room 1

by TripAdvisor Member tominealing

Forget all the nonsense about room 4 - all the rooms are superb, for me room 1 is the best as you not only get the sea view but the veranda opens onto a beautifully designed garden.

Let me put it this way, one of our days could have been ruined by heavy rain, but sitting on the terrace drinking coffee, reading and relaxing under the porch was a very pleasant way to wait for the rain to stop.

By the way - do go for the breakfast, getting a good cup of coffee anywhere in India is not easy - but our hosts know how to deliver on all fronts. Having breakfast on the terrace with tropical butterflies flitting around you is a wonderful experience.

Finally I should say that not only was the hotel outstanding our hosts went to great lengths to make us feel at home and to ensure we got the best out of Kerala. I have many fond memories of India, my stay at the villa is one of them.

Beautiful Guesthouse

by TripAdvisor Member Scout69

My friends and I stayed in the top floor and garden rooms, both were absolutely lovely. The rooms and bathrooms were very spacious and beautifully decorated. It was so nice to have breakfasts on our terraces (recommend the hot lemon and honey drink). Ajay was very helpful, as were his staff, even when one of us misplaced the keys to one of the rooms! Highly recommended.

Slice of paradise!!

by TripAdvisor Member sunitashroff

If like me you are looking for something oh so special in a unique setting, very tastefully presented, immaculately clean and a warm welcome from the superb staff....this is the haven for you! I enjoyed my stay at Villa Jacaranda so much that I've already booked in for next year! I never go anywehere twice but this is an exception and a place that will always hold fond memories for me! Loved the secluded beach which is just 5 minutes walk away and those incredible sunsets! This really is a slice of paradise and I can't recommend it highly enough!

A very classy retreat

by TripAdvisor Member LondonTravelcritic

Villa Jacaranda is about as stylish as you can manage in India, without breaking the bank. The 4 rooms are beautifully decorated, the staff are courteous and helpful, and the owner - Ajay - is a thoroughly sophisticated and welcoming host. If you plan to spend time on the beach in Kerala, Villa Jacaranda is the place to stay.

just go!!

by TripAdvisor Member Clinkard

Please, just go! this place was a joy. a real gem compared to anything else in Varkala or quite possibly Kerela. Ajay makes you feel so welcome without ever being too in your face. we felt completely at home here to be ourselves
The place is full of special touches and details that make every corner a delight. Sweet scented Frangipani trees being a personal favourite! great advice on the real, local Varkala. Great location-slightly removed from the full on centre but not out on a limb because the temple and town are the direction of this guesthouse, as are the less crowded beaches. It's really well priced.
whats not to love? go have a relaxing and regenerating stay and and authentic Indian experience too.
Theo and Ben.

Style & Serenity at this beautiful villa...

by TripAdvisor Member Vakhou

It was serendipitous that we found this place when planning our trip to Kerala - and we couldn't have been more delighted. Located on the quieter south cliff of Varkala, the villa is situated in lush vegetation, a short walk from the pilgrimage temple (the sound of the music is ethereal). The beach below the villa is spectacular and stretches for several kilometers below the rust colored cliffs.

Ajay the owner could not have been more helpful and hospitable. He arranged for our backwaters tour, gave us great suggestions on places to see and eat, all with the graciousness of a perfect host. The staff too are solicitous yet unobtrusive, always with a smile on their face.

We stayed in the famous room 4 which was ideal. The spacious room, bathroom and terrace overlooking the palm groves and ocean in the distance provides you with a sense that you're in your own home. As noted in other reviews, the breakfasts are wonderful and elegantly presented. I didn't see the other rooms, but the entire place is charming, so you can't go wrong.

This is a perfect place for anyone willing or able to spend a little extra - you'll be in for an exceptional stay in this remarkable place.

Comments