R-7/2 Chinkahhana Airport Road, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, 415570, India

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Nice Enough

The Lemon Tree Hotels are described as full service, moderately priced hotels for business and leisure travellers. The Aurangabad hotel was one of the newer ones in the chain.

We booked a package that included 2 way airport transfers, deluxe room, buffet breakfast, free internet, and lunch or dinner daily. When we arrived we were upgraded. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a nice patio under some trees, near the pool.

The room had a flat screen TV, wi-fi, refrigerator, and coffee/tea maker. The hotel was pretty quiet while we were there. It was close enough to the many places we visited. There is also a nice fitness center (overlooking the pool) and a very nice pool (not warm enough when we were there).

The only 2 downsides were that the car hire was very expensive (make other arrangements) and the food was not very good. There are not alot of places within walking distance (actually barely anything) but that was okay for us. Hopefully the food quality will improve since this is a nice hotel otherwise and I do believe it was the best choice for Aurangabad.

Directions: About 10 minutes from the airport on Airport Road

More about Lemon Tree Hotel

Very nice hotel, great service

by TripAdvisor Member sonia42

My husband and I came to Aurangabad to see Ellora and Ajanta, and stayed for 3 nights at the Lemon Tree Hotel. I had caught a virus just before arriving, and it was a huge relief to find that the hotel was wonderfully clean and comfortable, with such helpful staff. The place is pretty and spotless, with soft beds and bedding, well-appointed rooms, and super-modern bathrooms. We had a balcony looking into the inner garden, which is full of palm trees and interesting shrubs around the pool. The food was also good, though rather pricey, and it is proper Indian fare, not blandly Westernized in a way that most Westerners don't actually want, I think. We did find that the taxi tours offered through the hotel were expensive, and opted for a cheaper service from outside. I could also do without some of the jokes, which are not always that funny - e.g. a sign near our room that read: "Today is not your day (and tomorrow doesn't look any better)." But it's charmingly inept, and they mean well. I would definitely stay again if I return to Aurangabad. We've travelled a lot in India and stayed in our share of crummy, overpriced hotels. This one is rare in maintaining high standards at a reasonable cost.

Lemon Tree Hotel was a welcome surprise

by TripAdvisor Member BinBan

My family and I stayed at the Lemon Tree Hotel on 12/26/08 for 2 nights. We were visiting Ajanta/Ellora etc. on our own; en-route to Bombay from Shirdi.

I had made the the reservations on the phone from Bombay. It was a bit strange since I was asked to send an email to their reservations address, where the email address was specified as: "at the rate of" . Evidently "at the rate of" is the way that the @ sign is pronounced in India.

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The front desk staff were young, enthusiastic and happy to help. When I complained about the wireless internet times (You could reserve for 4, 8,24 hours, and I needed 12) one of the folks made specific accommodation to my needs.

The restaurant was so-so for dinner, but wonderful for breakfast. My kids enjoyed the use of the pool -- although it was too cold for me, and closed at sunset.

It was nice to see Indian families were enjoying the facilities, in addition to foreigners and NRIs (deduced from the fact that they drank tap water rather than bottled water).

I would definitely come here again. I paid about $120/night for 2 rooms. They were adjoining, but not connecting. There were king size beds in the rooms, which made it a bit tough for my family of 5, but for the price -- I'm not complaining.

Great hotel in Aurangabad

by TripAdvisor Member LynThirza

We based ourselves here for 4 nights to take time seeing the Ellora and Ajanta caves. What a fantastic hotel for the price! Clean rooms overlooking the pool, helpful service, and an excellent restaurant where we had some of the best food of the whole trip to India. Most certainly the best breakfast with a choice of Indian or western-style.
Everything worked in the room as it should. Bonus is the DVD library free of charge - the hotel is on the outskirts of the city so you're likely to spend the evening there. The pool was also very welcome after a hard day's sightseeing.
The hotel is also a little quirky in its sense of humour, with some "off-colour" jokes framed and displayed in the corridors, and table mats of non-PC jokes in the restaurant. But this added to its charm. If ever I go back to Aurangabad I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

Very nice...

by TripAdvisor Member ShanghaiJocki

This place is really the best we stayed in India and great value for money (for India!). We booked a 3 night package incl. car and driver for visits of Ellora and Ajanta caves. Our driver was Sanjay who is a nice guy and good and attentive driver. We got upgraded to suites which were very nice and comfortable. The rooms are quiet and we got good nights sleep. The breakfast and dinner buffet was good. After this experience, we also stayed in the Lemontree Hotel in Gurgaon.

Had a marvelous stay

by TripAdvisor Member Traveler12302

The hotel has really nice updated rooms and surrounded by lovely gardens. Great food and wonderful service... it was a very pleasant stay!

Comments