Aurangabad Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4903

Hotel Shree Maya

I chose Hotel Shree Maya because it was not too far too walk there from the train station, and my guidebook mentioned an outdoor terrace.

I had not booked in advance but as I arrived I got a room for Rs 495 per night (June 2010). In the room there were two beds, a fan, a cupboard, a TV, a long shelf to put things on and a bathroom. Towels and toilet paper were available, but not soap. And there was no bedside lamp.

My room was next to the outdoor terrace where it was nice to sit in the late afternoon and evening. During the day it was too hot as the thin plastic roof was not enough protection from the heat of the sun. I think breakfast is served here during high season, but when I visited in June breakfast was served in the restaurant downstairs. There there are low tables and sofas and is also a nice place where to sit and relax and chat with other travellers.

The breakfast with egg, toast, butter, jam, banana, coffee or tea was Rs 90 and absolutely okay before a day of sight seeing. I also had meals at the hotel several times, but the food could absolutely have been better. Here are the prices for a few things I bought:
Paneer Tika Masala Rs 65

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written September 18, 2010
Tip Photo

Breakfast

• lynnehamman profile photo lynnehamman
  • Reviews: 412

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Kailas, Ellora Caves Aurangabad: 5 Mins to Ellora Caves

We spent 10 days (including Christmas Day) at this wondeful place, exploring the caves. We had our own stone cottage, which was tastefully furnished,modern bathroom, comfortable double bed marble flooring, and best of all, a balcony, which overlooked a valley& the caves. Peaceful & serene, we spent many hours on this balcony, just listening to the birds & having a long cold drink. Anything that is required can be ordered by phone, and is delivered promptly
The dining room served superb meals, at a really reasonable price. All the staff were polite, friendly and helpful.
But most of all,the couple who own this great place were wonderful........Sureka & Sunil are the perfect hosts, and were always available to their guests. Nothing was too much trouble for them, I cannot fault anything about the time we spent there. Sunil was knowlegable about the caves, & gave us a lot of information.
He also made onward travel reservations for us,which worked out perfectly.
I can recommend Hotel Kailas & Cottages to anyone with confidence. Its wonderful.

The cottages are made of stone,with thatched roofs.They had air-conditioning, but no television. Private, each has its own balcony and garden,not one cottage faced another. They were very well planned & laid out. Comfortable bed with crisp clean sheets.
Views over a valley are superb,and the cottages face the entrance to Ellora Caves, which is on the other side of valley. There is a dining room in main building, a shop, and internet facility. Laundry is done on request.
We also love the tree filled gardens...shady, with tables & comfortable chairs, where one can sit, eat, sleep or read.The bird life if prolific.
Sureka, who is wife of the owner & manager, persoanlly does the cooking, which was absolutely perfect.(she even made a great Christmas Day Lunch ,complete with decorations.)

• Opinion of Price: about average