86 Veer Nariman Road, Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra, 400020, India

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Scam

We stayed in this hotel in April 2012. The hotel would have been a good experience except when they tried to scam us at checkout. We had pre-paid the hotel online through kayak. But when we checked out, they claimed that taxes had changed and required us to pay more for the booking. They claimed the taxes were not reflected in the booking because the new rule started April 1st. We had booked our ticket on April 2 and stayed April 3 - 6. Don't be fooled by this scam. It was bad enough that he didn't notify us when we checked in. The guy at the front was scamming us for a few hundred rupees even though we pre-paid well over 5000 rupees a night for it. We expected our service to be good since we paid so much for our booking, only to be scammed in the end.

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Room price is average

I didn't stay here, instead I stayed at Hotel Diplomat. I visited Chateau Windsor and Seaview hotel to check out the rooms before I decided to stay at Hotel Diplomat.

When I looked at the website, I thought the hotel was the whole building. Surprisingly, it only occupies the top 2 floors of a 5-storey building sharing with offices in the lower storeys. I found the rooms are small and it looks more like a guest houses.

The standard room which is charged Rs3,100 (in net) or Rs2,600 (+ tax) is surprisingly small.
    The price for comparable superior rooms are actually more expensive in Chateau Windsor. The superior room, which is smaller than Hotel Diplomat, costs Rs3,600 + 10 taxes (Jun 09).

Seagreen hotel itself is a bit run down. For the prices (incl taxes), I think Hotel Diplomat has much more value.

• ladagspa's Profile Photo

Nice, Clean Hotel at Nariman Point Mumbai

I happen to find this hotel by fluke as the Taxi driver was taking me around the city for the high priced Hotels. Taxi stopped at Hotel Ambassador, and found out the Tariff was $50 for a double room. Pretty expensive. I returned back to Taxi.

The driver tells me "Not to worry sir, there are many good hotels". I knew he was taking me for a ride but can't help at the odd hour.
    I turned around and saw an another hotel just next to it. I tried it out and it was old looking building but the interior was very clean. Found out the room for $20 a night. I am taking it.

The Driver was again smiling as I returned. But this time I amiled and said I am stayoing in here.

And then he starts of wil a huge rent for Taxi. But the staff of the hotel were helpful and they bought the price down.

Unique Quality: Two bulding away from the Arabian sea.
    Nice clean room
    Helpful staff.

More about Chateau Windsor Hotel

by saadimonkey

Does anyone have any experience of the Chateau Windsor hotel in mumbai? It appears to have a good website but I can find little other information on the net.

Your comments will be much appreciated!

by mili_143

Hi,
One of my friend Marni came to mumbai and stayed over there. She found the hotel good, Bit expensive as it is nearby churchgate station but very much convenient for traveling.
Regards

by aadil

I have heard of mixed reviews from people who have stayed here. Some people liked it a lot whereas some disliked it totally!!! I think it is an alright place but a bit high on the price. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Aadil.

by ts008

its in the BEST location at mumbai -- CHURCHGATE.. so close to Nariman Point ( financial capital )

should be a decent hotel considering its THIS PART OF TOWN ...

also first u ve gotta shortlist where u wana visit / u have work then decide ur hotel ..

traffic is bad and u bettter stay close to where u wanaa be whole day

stay around this side of town so throw in ur questions if u want more info

cheers