Hilton Towers Hotel

Hotel Diplomat

Hotel Fition

Very good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member firefoxed

The location of the hotels is excellent and so is the hotel staff, very friendly and helpful. The room itself is fine, nothing extraordinary, bt definitely your money's worth. I will definitely recommend this hotel regardless if one is going to Mumbai on business or pleasure.

Fantastic retreat from manic Mumbai!

by TripAdvisor Member nitinjoshi

After a lot of research into where to stay in Mumbai and reading all the rvws we settled on the hilton towers - we booked through expedia £80 a night and requested an airport trf, despite charging nearly 3 times what you would pay in a cab, we were very pleased to be met by the rep at the luggage carousel inside the airport and where whisked away feeling like celebs! Check in and baggage were a breeze and the first impressions of the hotel were very good ( lobby is very impressive complete with pianist) - as per previous rvws we asked for a room on the higher floors and were given a room on the 30th floor with fantastic views of the city and sea. We ordered room service a couple of times and the quality was really good,the room was of a good standard - equivalent of a decent 4* hotel in England and was cleaned and stocked up daily. The staff at this hotel are very efficient and helpful, and the bar downstairs is really chic but a little pricey. Colaba Causeway and the Gateway of India are around the corner and cost about 20 Rs to get to by cab, Colaba is really cool with street markets,boutiques, bars & restaraunts you can pick up some fab bargains - tops about £1 and really nice jewellery frm 50p - dont forget to bargain though! We did go over to JW Marriot (Juhu) on the recommendation of some friends for the nightclub there - Enigma on saturday night and must say the hotel lobby is jaw dropping and the pool looks amazing but you do get the feeling you would be just one of many who are staying there, the club was good though and well worth the trip across town!

Overall I would definately stay at the Hilton again as it was a pleasure to come back to this hotel after a hot day out in Mumbai.I would say it is much better than the Oberoi next door which is starting to look a bit dated, Also they had a big Bollywood do on downstairs and we saw quite a few of the stars which was a bonus !!

Excelled in most aspects

by TripAdvisor Member Mabi

First time I stayed in the Hilton Towers after the executive floors were added two months ago. My executive room itself was beautifully designed with a bathroom with glass walls and wooden furniture and laminate. In many aspects the stunning design of the new room was badly executed. For example, the windowframe did not shut properly and let through quite a lot of noise, so there is absolutely no point in having soundproofed glass if the frame does not shut. My sliding bathroom door was stuck in open position. The laminate floor had a couple of squeaky spots, and the power sockets in the writing table shut off when the room's key card is removed and mobiles will not charge while you're out of your room. The lamp in the wardrobe got so hot that it burnt one of my jumpers. If Hilton manages to iron out these teething problems the executive floors will be a great place to stay as the views from the rooms are fantastic (27th and 28th floor). Drink and food served in the executive lounge is of a very high standard. Staff were very helpful and quick. And leisure facilities are fantastic!

Old hotel leverages the Hilton brand to charge as 5 star

by TripAdvisor Member John_Noh

The hotel does not provide room pictures in the Hilton directory, and they have a good reason. Basically the only good rooms at the hotel are on the Executive floor, as they are newly done in today's standard. The rest of the rooms (Superior, Deluxe - are similar despite different titles, the only difference is the view) consist of an aging room that is similar to a 3-4 star establishment in the US with no character (cheap wooden desk, nightstand etc) and a VERY aging bathroom, with leaking 70s style plumbings. They have renovated a few floors but they sell them at the same rate since the renovation included only
* the replacement of the desk, chairs and nightstands
* replacement of worn carpet
* replacement of old 21" TV with a small flat screen TV that is not in front of the bad.
The bathroom, I was surprised to find out, was not remodelled- even the chipped wood drawers are not replaced.
Hotel description says rooms come with flowers, fruit and bidet - I have seen 3 rooms while staying there (of colleagues) and none of them had fruits or bidet, and "flowers" means a single rose bud on the TV stand.
I took some pictures with my phone, see attached (sorry for the quality).

Apart from the room: the breakfast is great, the staff is OK (this is the first 5 star hotel in India in which I always needed to open the front door myself, but that I do not mind); there is a very strong smell in the lobby but that did not bother me, its not particularly unpleasent.

Great hotel, excellent location

by TripAdvisor Member Chip0408

We booked our room through hilton.com and was given a really great room on 30th floor, which had an amazing sea front view! Worth every penny!! Like what others said, the hotel is close to almost everything- only cost around Rs20 or Rs30 to get to Coloba Causeway and great restaurants like Trishna and Kyber!

Great views over Mumbai

by TripAdvisor Member cm31

We had a room with amazing views on the 17th floor. The room was excellent and modern and very comfortable.

The pool looked great from our room, but once down there, whatever time of the day, it was extremely windy and not that pleasant.

The service was excellent, breakfast was ok but not as much selection as what I would have expected compared to other similar hotels. Meals / coffees in the bars and restaurant were a little pricy.

Best Hotel in Mumbai...Hands Down!

by TripAdvisor Member tviswanath

We just returned from a 7 night stay at the Hilton Towers in Mumbai. This was probably one of my best hotel experiences. The hotel has an amazing location on Nariman Point overlooking the ocean. The best part of our experience was the truly incredible hotel staff. We needed to make a terrific number of changes to our airline tickets and hotel reservations while in travelling in India. The concierage desk went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that all of the changes were promptly handled. Our room was meticulously cleaned and neatened throughout the day with fresh fruit set out on the desk. The gym has updated equipment and the pool has an amazing view overlooking the ocean. We had several meals at the two formal restaurants in the hotel (truly two of the best in Mumbai) and lunch at the lobby cafe. The meals and service were excellent. I look forward to staying at the Hilton Towers on my upcoming trips to Mumbai. What a great find!

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jill09

My husband and I stayed here for two nights following a stay at the Hilton Maldives before flying home to LA. My husband is a Diamond member and when we checked in at reception, they immediately shuttled us up to the 28 floor executive lounge to check in. Our room was on the 27th floor at the end so the view was wonderful. The room was wonderful and had been renovated. The service at the lounge was great, you could get cooked to order eggs in the morning and they had a cocktail hour with snacks in the evening. We also checked out the Opium Den bar in the lobby. The food was good, a little on the pricey side for Mumbai. We did venture off to a great place called Gaylords and had some delcious tandori chicken for about half the price that the Hilton charged.
All in all great location and great service.

Wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member debbiegracie

I stayed in this Hotel at Easter with my 3 teenage daughters.
We loved it, it had everything and more for our stay in India. Close to all the places we wanted to visit. Great breakfast and afternoon tea with great veiws of the 'Queens Necklace' . Access to the internet was easy and not too expensive when the girls wanted to go on MSN. The staff couldn't do enough for us. I would recomend this hotel.
DG from Scotland UK