Hotel Avon Ruby

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Mumbai

Old MumbaDeviOld MumbaDevi

Malvani Murg: Just delicious.Malvani Murg: Just delicious.

Chowpatty train stationChowpatty train station

monkey see, monkey domonkey see, monkey do

Budget Hotel Guide

by Aabhash

Hi,I'm travelling to Mumbai during this September for a week and looking for decent Budget hotels.Online Hotels are unexpectedly damn expensive.Is there any ways that I could find hotels after I reach Mimbai during my trip?or advance booking is needed.What if I made online booking and found a room with Bedbugs like some traveller posted the pictures..

Anyone can recommend me hotels that you have stayed before but budget type.?safe?

by Donna_in_India

Hi - yes, Mumbai has many expensive hotels. What is your budget? I have a few hotels listed on my Mumbai tips if you want to take a look. I'll also check to see if there are any others based on your budget once I know it. I wouldn't recommend paying for anything in full up front. You can usually make a reservation with little or no deposit. This way you can see the room before you pay, which is generally recommended for very inexpensive hotels in Mumbai. If you have problems (such as bedbugs) once you pay for the room, you may have a hard time getting your money back.

by into-thin-air

Yes – I found an Excellent little hotel very close to CST (Victoria Terminus) that wasn’t listed in any of the guidebooks and consequently was about ½ the price of nearby hotels and was still clean and with a very good standard of bedrooms, some with AC and all with Private Bathrooms.
The Name of this little Gem is “Hotel Modern”
Contact details as well as photos are on my India page under Accommodation tips
I Hope that helps but if you need more info then drop me a line
Happy Travels
Rob

by Aabhash

Thanks for your reply.It will definately help me.But I chose hotel sealord tis time cause I'm travelling with my partner.I will get back to your page in between my travell.

Travel Tips for Mumbai

Walk around and look at all...

by rynning

Walk around and look at all the interesting people. I miss the athmosphere of India. All the new things I saw everyday. No day looks the same. I also miss Josephine's great breakfast. We had fresh fruit and juice everyday. Oranges, melons, papayas and more. Unfortunatly we weren't there at the Mango season. The mangos are supposed to be great and so sweat. On the picture is a mangotree.

Mumbai's skyline

by SirRichard

The most distinctive skyline of Mumbai is the one you can see when you take the boat to Elephanta Island. As you go out from Gateway of India, you can see the silhouette of the Gate and the Taj Mahal Hotel, both the old building and the new one (that ugly big tower at the left).

Christian Bombay

by MM212

Although Christians only make up less than 4% of Bombay's population today, the city is abundant with beautiful churches. This is largely thanks to the British who built many (Protestant) churches in Bombay to serve their community. In addition, the Portuguese added numerous Catholic churches in the suburb of Bandra, which remained a Portuguese colony until the 18th century. These churches continue to be used today, serving the local population as well as religious expats. Attached are photos of several churches in Bombay. In addition, the "Things To Do" tab contains tips on specific prominent churches.

Kamshet - a village

by mbatsheba

This is a little village on the outskirts of Mumbai close to the hill station Lonavla. A typical Indian village...my pictures describe what I am saying.

It is also a paragliders stop as there is an agent there who provides accomodation, food, transport etc. to the site

Beautiful walks through this scenic village with a great lake.

Private houses by the lake are normally rented out as there are no hotels available.

Try and catch an Indian...

by shalin

Try and catch an Indian wedding(don't gatecrash!!)right from the sangeet(cocktails and dance),the mehendi(usually only for the ladies-it's where trained artists decorate your palms with henna),the wedding ceremony and the reception.
Most foreigners,I've seen are absolutely enchanted with the various customs and ceremonies!:)
Deifinately try and attend a wedding,Indian Style!:)

Comments