Hotel Suncity Residency

16th Road, MIDC, Marol, Andheri, Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra, 400093, India
Hotel Suncity Residency
Travelocity Booking.com HotelTravel.com

More about Mumbai

Entrance to the caves.Entrance to the caves.

faloodafalooda

Chowpatty beach in MumbaiChowpatty beach in Mumbai

Juhu beach, MumbaiJuhu beach, Mumbai

Good resturant in Mumbai for Briyani

by serdago

Hi,
I will be in Mumbai next week, I would like to know a good Indian resturan where I can eat Briyani ,
Thanks

by qaminari

by lynnehamman

I can recommend Tendulkars (owned by the famous cricketer)
We had a fabulous time there, food was superb.It is filled with memorobilia and has a cool atmosphere.

I have a review on my Mumbai page (link is on my home page)

You can see the menu and prices online here:

by Ranjit662

These are some of the best biryani's in Bombay.

1. Delhi Durbar ( Colaba Causeway)

2. Lucky ( Bandra)

3.Nooranis ( opp Crossroads, Haji Ali)

Though I have not had Biryani in Mumbai for sometime, I feel Noorani's Mutton Biryani is the best! Incidentally I believe biryani has to be Mutton- chicken is just not it!

There are other more "local" however it will be very difficult for you to find those joints unless accompanied by a hard core food lover like me.

by Amar_kirale

There are lots of places in Mumbai where you can get good biryani...Tendulkars is an execellent restaurant owned by the Sachin Tendulkar himself....it is bit expensive place. But if its not a budget trip - dont miss it...

I agree what Ranjit has mentioned these restaurants are famous for biryani or mogulai food in general....

Biryani is amongst the common dishes available in India. So having good biryani should not be any issue. You can also ask at your hotel reception to guide you with a famous joints nearby....

Have a great trip....

Travel Tips for Mumbai

Sanjai Ghandhi national park.

by radz

This is Sanjai Ghandhi national park,view from Kanheri.Its thick natural forest.Entrance to the park is for car Rs 30.person Rs 10.

How to go there,its nearest railway staion is Borivilli.If you go by car/taxi can drive around there.There was small boating lake too.

Inside,they have Deer park,Lion safari.

When i went after finsihing Kanheri caves,it was closed,Lunch time :((..I could have wait and see,but i was hungry,and no hotels near by :)) I coun't go Lion Safari.

Tickets. for Lion Safari.
Rs 30/Child Rs15
I saw 2 deer too ;))))

Name changing and such

by M.E.R.V

Many major buildings in Mumbai have been renamed Chhatrapati Shivaji including the main train station(Victoria Terminus), the Prince of Wales Museum, and Mumbai International & Domestic Airport. I wonder why they even bother. Many of these buildings are still known by their previous names so there shouldn't be any probelm but any other tourist may get just a tit bit of confusion especially since when its quite a tongue twister just pronouncing it. Having said that. I do prefer Mumbai than Bombay. Mumbai sounds modern, cosmopolitan and different which is what the city is all about whereas its old name Bombay just sounds like curry! LOL!

Taxi Ettiquette

by mariocibelli

If you are alone (and a male) it is the custom to ride in the passenger seat next to the driver. I like this as you get a better view and might have a chat, the downside in the Mumbai taxis is that the motor causes the front seat to stay at an average temperature of 40 degrees / 103 F, this is without considering the outside temperature. It is also OK to smoke (99% of the time).

In Mumbai after about 30 taxi rides only twice was there a discussion as to the cost and this was in taxis I had picked up at CST at odd times of the night/morning.

Mumbai is much easier to get around in then Delhi!

Packing List

by jessicadf

We each took a backpack with internal frames. It's a good idea to take one day-pack for your day trips. Bring cool clothes. Even in December and January, when it's cold for the Indians, it's warm for us Californians. I found the best thing to do was pack very little clothing (beyond underwear, socks and comfortable walking shoes), and just buy some local clothes once I got there. That way, you fit in better, the clothes certainly are tailored to the local climes and you feel very comfortable. I brought along a couple rolls of toilet paper, just in case. However, we generally stayed in the government run hotels (~$50/night) and never needed our own toilet paper.

My doctor, when I asked for a prescription for lomitil before leaving, had a great suggestion: Take several boxes of Pepto Bismol tablets. Before and after eating anything, eat one tablet. This creates a hostile environment for any local flora, and you won't get sick. It worked for me! My boyfriend, who ate nearly the same stuff as I, didn't do the Pepto trick and he *did* get sick, and missed the Kaneri Caves and the first night of our friend's wedding. I brought a relatively inexpensive, self-focus, good zoom, 35mm camera. It cost me $200US and it took just dandy photos. I've heard stories of electronics being taken at customs when entering India, and you're always on your guard about things getting stolen, so it's a good idea to bring equipment that's good enough, but not so good that you'll be crushed if you lose it.

Monsoon Madness

by wrldtravler

You Must try and Visit Bombay during the Monsoons. It's a terrible time for tourism , it rains for days and the sky is this shade of grey for 3-4 months. But for a bombaywalla, It's a relief after 8 months of blistering heat and the entire city turns lush green.
This is a wonderful time to visit the Western Ghats (Mountain range running along India's western Peninsula, There are Eastern Ghats too)and the cute little hill-stations such as Mahabaleshwar, Panchgini, Lonavala , Khandala make great weekend and day get-aways. As a result of the rains there are numerous waterfalls along the mountain sides and the entire Ghats are a brilliant green. A must for Nature Lovers.

Comments