InterContinental The Lalit Mumbai

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 33% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Don't stay here

Far the worst experience ever.
    Cannot be classed as 5 star. Staff rude, rooms dirty, food well below standard. Chefs are not able make the same food twice, they are unable to cook Indian food let alone international. The spa staff are perverts.
    You will be threatened if you make complaints or at he minimum ignored and told its fixed.
    Forget speaking to the GM he himself will take his staffs side and has no etiquette or management skills, they run this hotel like thieves in a market.

Unique Quality: We met three excellent staff in the restaurant, but all left whilst our stay. The concierge if left to do their jobs had the right attitude.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Quality & close to Mumbai Intn'l airport

I've passed through Mumbai a few times and depending on my arrival/departure times, sometimes being close to the International Airport is an added comfort.

Taxis are cheap, so the hotel is within reach of the entire city. But with transfers available to/from the airports (can be negotiated to be included with room rate), it is convenient for the in and out business travelers.

Unique Quality: It has all the features of a 5-start hotel.
    The rooms are comfortable and clean. The beds are arguably the biggest and nicest in the city.

Directions: Just outside the International Airport

• HarShe's Profile Photo

A good addition to Mumbai

We were put up in this hotel by the Airlines as our flight was cancelled. It was a pleasent experience. It is as good as any in the world! And it is so close to the airport!!

• Amitu's Profile Photo

TRULY GRAND

175-250 USD per nite.

Unique Quality: 5 star deluxe.ITC Hotel Grand Maratha Sheraton & Towers has 386 rooms including suites equipped with latest technology. The ITC One rooms come with the compliments of meeting room and access to private lounge, besides complimentary breakfast, tea & coffee service, refreshments and cocktail hour.

More about InterContinental Hotels Grand Mumbai

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member Junipers

My corporate travel agent mixed things up so I ended up here instead of the Hyatt Regency. Had a room on the Club Floor where they do throw in Breakfast, high tea and evening snacks + free drinks which sounds great. Well it was not. The aircon in the main areas of the hotel were hopeless and staff in Club area were not well trained. Screwed up a car booking and were very slow. On the plus side the bed was comfortable and the gym is excellent. The Conciegre was also hopeless one of the worst I have come across. Would not stay there again.

Avoid

by TripAdvisor Member Rassendyll

Pain in the neck to deal with ... starts with the front desk manager who tries to up the rate I have booked at -- "we cannot honor the rate you thought you got." It continues to housekeeping, who take hours to provide towels (room had been 'made' without towels.) Then they cannot charge lunch to my room, neither authorize my credit card -- only cash is acceptable. Finally they try to up the rate again as I check out.

Recommended only for those who enjoy constant petty friction with a nickel-and-diming hotel. Watch your rate like a hawk.

Yes, by all means - AVOID!

by TripAdvisor Member TMSMonterrey_Mexico

This was my second stay, as I had been here last year for a one-night layover before connecting onward. I guess I expected more from an Interconti and definitely didn't find it worth the exorbitant $230+ dollars per night. The hotel itself has a lousy design and the elevator banks (2 on each side of the lobby) are independent so if you press the up button, you're only calling the two elevators nearest you.
The internet access got billed multiple times to my room; it seems that even though you input your name and room number to sign on, they charge the full daily rate again if you use your laptop and then your phone, or if you log on with a different profile. Got the extra charges removed after complaining, but this shouldn't happen in a top notch hotel.
The Trendz restaurant was really bad, disguised as an upscale "fusion-type" restaurant, but the service and meals were poor. All effort was placed on style, but none on substance. Silverware was useless with a twisted type grip that made the knife totally unbalanced and impossible to use. I ordered eggplant parmigiana which supposedly came served over a bed of pasta. What I got was a bowl of spaghetti with three small "croutons" of eggplant on top. Also had esparragus hollandaise and it was tasteless. The wine was also poor, but then I shouldn't have experimented with the local wine so that was my fault. Worst of all was one of the servers who walked by and reeked heavily of perfume - completely nauseating when people are dining. The manager called my room after reading my review with the check, offering to give me free dessert, to which I declined - not being a glutton for more punishment.
The shops area is empty, there is one little shop which has practially nothing and certainly no toiletries, post cards or other routine gift shop items. There are many better hotels than this one. Find them.

Loved the Intercontinental

by TripAdvisor Member liburdke

I travel a lot and was almost scared off by the negative reviews here, but I stayed 4 nights and had a terrific experience at this hotel. The lobby is beautiful, service excellent and breakfast extensive. My room was spotless, well decorated and extremely comfortable. The business facilities were complete and reliable. The Intercontinental also had one of the best hotel gyms I've seen.

I can't reconcile my experience with the other reviews here, but I highly recommend this Intercontinental. Be aware that this is near the airport, though, so you'll have quite a drive (about an hour) to South Mumbai, if that's where you're going.

Perfect for a layover night

by TripAdvisor Member villeww

We arrived on a domestic flight to Mumbai at 7PM, and had the next (international) flight 9AM in the morning. So, the hotel was very conveniently located close to the international terminal for such an early flight.

Service at the front desk was swift and professional.

Room was very nice and quite large, containing all the amenities one can expect to find in an InterContinental hotel.

The lobby was _huge_, and at least this time the air-con was working perfectly -- they must be using a lot of electricity to keep the huge lobby space cooled down.

We had dinner at Trendz, one of the three restaurants. Food was excellent, the only negative I can say is that they tried to sell us imported red wine (~80 euros for a bottle of Australian wine that I can get with less than 10 euros even in Finland from the shop). After asking, they also had a different menu with two Indian reds.
The one we had (well, actually two bottles...) was actually quite enjoyable and cost less than 20 euros.

Comments