Juhu Tara Road, Juhu Beach, Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra, 400049, India

Booking.com Travelocity JWMarriott.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Really unhappy

There are many good points and features of this hotel such as the range of restaurants and food, gym and pool area. That is where it ended for me.

The room we received which was not just the standard room was incredibly pokey in size and really inappropriate for business use. I had taken my girlfriend there with me whilst on a business trip. In terms of being able to work from the room, this was impossible. There was hardly enough room to move around. We had originally booked to stay there for 8 nights but ended up leaving after 6 due to this.

As well as this, the night after we left, I took some clients to the Enigma nightclub which is in the hotel. We were of course refused entry as we were not hotel guests and we were an all male party. I had left the day before and settled a bill of around £1400. This fact did not matter. I was embarrassed and insulted as other groups of all males were permitted entry. A complaint by email upon my return home regarding the issue yielded no results.

This hotel in my opinion is not well equipped for the business traveller. The attitude is slightly arrogant which is not acceptable to me. It feels like the hotel is more interested in servicing the local Bollywood crowd than its own existing or potential international travellers.

Due to the issues we had here, I have instructed my employees to stop using all Marriott Hotels. There is much better for the money in Mumbai.

Unique Quality: Excellent restaurants and nice pool area.

• Very nice hotel

I stayed here the last time I was in Mumbai. It is a very nicely done hotel. The staff was excellent. Anything I needed or wanted they made happen.
    The rooms are nice. They are a touch small, but nothing to complain about.
    The hotel restaurants are very good also. I personally liked Spices the best. Great food. Do get reservations though. We ate there the night we got in, and were lucky to get a table.
    The nightclub is a pretty happening spot. It was kind of quiet the night we went, but that was in the middle of the week. My friend had been there before on a happening night and he said it was pretty cool. The hotel staff said they tend to get quite a few Bollywood stars showing up there.
    The gym was very nice. It is full of nice new equipment. There are also personal trainers on staff if you wish. I did not try the spa. I have heard from people that have used that spa that it is quite good.
    I would recommend staying here. In fact I am staying here again the next time I go back.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

5 Star in the Suburbs

The JW Marriott is a 5 star luxury hotel that overlooks Juhu Beach and the Arabian Sea. The hotel is open and spacious. The rooms are fairly small, but okay - some seafacing.

The food in any one of the several restaurants is pretty good - including the extremely popular (reservations required) Sunday brunch at the Lotus Cafe.

Enigma is the very popular nightclub where you can spot Bollywood celebrities partying with Marriott guests and young Mumbaikers well past Mumbai's curfew.

The pool area is nice but the spa is just okay - massages not the best. The best thing about the hotel is the Bombay Baking Company where you can get sandwiches, pastries, cappuccinos, etc. And if you need a special occastion cake, this is the place!!

Although Mumbai hotel prices are very high, I don't think this hotel is worth $400-500 a night for a regular room. If you are visiting for work in the actual "city" (Nariman Point, Curchgate) the Marriott is a good distance away, made worse by the awful traffic. They do have car service but it is expensive and there are no "freebies" here - no airport pickup, no breakfast - that are included at some of the other hotels.

The entire hotel is smoke-free.

Directions: About 20 minutes from the airport(s)

• Steveharley's Profile Photo

Quality Hotel

Large swanky Hotel backing on to the beach. Facilities are top drawer, lovely interesting swimming pool with panoramic view of the ocean, plenty of sun longers, huge dining areas and some of the best breakfsat, lunch and dinner buffets I have ever seen. The room I had was a bit ..well...angular is the only way I can descibe it with one whole wall mirrored and a little on the small side.

Security was either very good or claustrophobic depending on your tastes, with room keys demanded for any exit of the hotel - even into the grounds. The beach was fully fenced off and security guards on the only gate.

There appeared to be a disco or event happening on the night I was leaving and the place was jumping.

If your on a quick business trip and you want to get in and out of Mumbai with little stress then this place is great, very efficient. Limo service collection and delivery to the Airport was arranged with minimum fuss and every courtesy.

Will definately stay there again.

Unique Quality: classy and close to Bollywood - so you never know who you will meet !

Directions: Don't know - about 30 mins from the airport by car

More about JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai

JW Marriott Mumbai highly recommended

I stayed at the JW Marriott Mumbai for business June 3-17th. The service and hotel staff were excellent...I was very impressed. The staff were a million times for helpful and accomodating than anywhere else in the world I have ever been. The Lotus Cafe breakfast was also wonderful....they serve a variety of freshly sqeezed juices (watermelon, carrott, orange) that I couldnt get enough of. I didnt do the pool at all, but it looked fabulous. This hotel is great for people watching as well. When I go back, I will absolutely stay at this hotel, and recommend it for anyone out there. This hotel isnt "downtown" so check the location first to make sure it works for you.

Very nice hotel, helpful staff but variable customer service

Have stayed at the JW Marriott Mumbai on 5 separate occaisions. Have always found the hotel overall to be 'very good'. Clean, helpful and willing staff - but let down by the simple things - for example refusing a guest reserving a table for dinner after 9.00pm in the main restaurant/cafe. This is simply ridiculous, as you can reserve until 9.00pm. Also, if you are staying a Sunday, they will not allow you to order from the ala carte menu - only the buffet on Sundays - which is not true (if you insist ot tell them that you can go back to your room and order form the room service menu). We always sty in the club rooms and enjoy the service at the exec lounge too. This is nice. However, various cheapskates are exloiting the free cocktails and snacks, which whilst it isn't the hotels fault does disappoint. We witnessed a terrible scene as one 'businesswoman' insisted on being allowed to bring in 5 guests (she should have paid for them, but refused). All quite unpleasant - and the staff were so badly treated by the 'businesswoman' too.

I would encourage you to consider the club rooms - if only because you will be further away form the incredibly noisy nightclub, which as you will read on other reviews, can seriously interfere with your planned good nights sleep if you are on one of the lower floors.

Since I last stayed the hotel has revamped (extensively) the spa - and the mens section is greatly improved. There are some very arogant locals, who swan around like they own the place, but apart form them - the staff are helpful, friendly and if you are able to use the facilities during the week daytime - you will most likely be the only guest.

The hotel sometimes seems a little frosty - customer service is not exactly proactive - more reactive and apologetic. But they are much better now than when I first styed here.

The convenience of the a/c transfers is great - and always, always there to meet and greet you as you arrive into the choas that is Mumbai.

It is true that Juhu beach is disgusting. But Mumbai is not representative of the rest of India - so do travel to Delhi and enjoy the contrats of New and Old Delhi, or around the forts and palaces in Rajastan (Jaipur is great, as is Jodhpur - but Udaipur is awful!) or Kerala (haven't persoanlly been to Kerala yet, but it is supposed to be beautiful).

Overall, this is a good hotel to stay at. There are some excellent hotels nearer to the airport - Grand Hyatt, Le Meridien etc - BUT - they are in a swamp area and have a reputation for mosquitoes - not a problem at the beach/Marriott thankfully.

I am already thinking of another return trip to Inida and will most likely stay at the Marriott again.

Enjoy.

PS the bakery is great - fab cakes, sandwiches and the most helpful staff too!

Great Hotel - Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member RMatthews

I stayed at the JW Marriott for 7 days in March 2006 (Business Trip). I have stayed at the Sheraton near the airport and while the Sheraton is more luxurious there is nothing to do and is a real busines hotel, okay for 1 night only. The Marriott however is much better for a longer stay. The service is very good and while the rooms are on the smaller size they are certainly bigger than standard rooms in say London and New York.
The pool is very nice and has direct access to Juhu beach (but remember to get a beach pass from the guard at the gate or you wont get back in!!). The Buffet is good and there are a number of other good restaurants in the hotel. They all serve variations of continental food as well as Indian cusine. There are 2 bars, one in the lounge area and another at the side which has a pool table and sports on TV etc. Its a very social, especially at the weekend. The area outside is also okay to walk around and there are other bars and restaurants outside.

Enigma nightclub is very good and the high society of Mumbai can be seen there.
With Enigma however please be aware that:
- The club closes at 3am-ish but the bar closes at 1.30 am and they are very strict about it (this is supposedly the law in Mumbai that all bars close at this time)
- to buy a drink you need to buy a book of tokens which you use to buy drinks - these are valid for the day of purchase only so dont go crazy and buy 20,000 rupees unless you plan to spend them that night.

Overall, very good hotel and I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Apr 8, 2014 at 11:55 PM

I am Sachin Staying in Room No. 548 From Past 2 Days. There Was Some Technical Issue in Processing The Card for the Payment For Which These People Had not Waited For an Hour Before Which They have Deactivated my Room Key and when I ask about this to a floor Manager He Cant Even Speak Proper English And He says that he would get someone to sort this out for which I had to wait out of the Room for 15 min like a dog. Most Terrifying Experience I have ever Had while Traveling. I gonna Sue this People in Consumer Court with a Defamation Case. This Would happen in 24 hours Time.