Mumbai Hotels

Our Members Say

• bradbeaman profile photo bradbeaman
  • Reviews: 484

Fruition Service Apartments: Navi Mumbai, Nerul option

Fruition Service apartments is a good option for Nerul on Palm Beach road. There is a terrace on every room so you can look out on to Palm Beach Rd or go on top of the 14th floor and see Vashi Bridge to Arabian sea and with the scrub area there are hundreds of Egrets in the Mangroves to watch. They serve good meals or you have their kitchen in the room to make your own and get filtered water in your room.

The room has AC but not the kitchen dining and common TV area so it is hot in the summer. There is also a TV, AC and bathroom in each bedroom but you need two rooms to guarantee having the common area to yourself.

• Written April 30, 2012

Veiw along Palm Beach Rd from on top of Fruition

• Clodagh profile photo Clodagh
  • Reviews: 65

Bentley's Hotel, Mumbai: Great central budget accommodation

Bentley's is in a great location. A 3 minute walk to the Taj Mahal hotel and Gateway to India and only a minute walk to the Colaba Causeway (great shopping and eating area). The room selection is huge and spread out over a number of buildings so ask to see the room first as i think this increases your chance of getting the better rooms. We stayed in a 3 bed room on 2 separate occassions and both were fab, spacious, clean and comfy with nice beds, balcony, tv and decent showers. We paid approx €11 each per night, maybe sounds pricey for India but i think it's good for Mumbai and def worth it for the quality and location. PS: Breakfast is also inclu, bread rools and tea/coffee. The staff will also help with any enquires or further travel arrangements.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written January 9, 2012

Our room in Bentleys

• vidyasharma profile photo vidyasharma
  • Reviews: 1

Imperial Palace Royal Palms, Mumbai: Luxurious 5 star Hotel near Mumbai Airport

Imperial Palace, Mumbai is located conveniently close to the Mumbai airport and yet secluded from the din of the city. For those accustomed to world class living, this luxury hotel is the best bet with its 5 star ambience. The hotel has attractive offers and deals for the business world looking for a hotel that offers the best deals for holding conferences or accommodating guests.
Overall, a hotel that tops in everything, be it luxury or professionalism.

Great Amenities , ambience is good , venue halls , seminar hall cool with all amenities

• Related to: Food and Dining, Spa and Resort, Golf
  • Written February 28, 2011

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 1276

Apollo Guesthouse: Great Location

I stayed in this guesthouse for just a night in a single room without private bath. In spite of having a very small room, I must say the guesthouse is very clean and well managed.

Location is really great, in the herat of Colaba, just behing the Taj.
Rooms are clean and stuff is friendly.

• Written December 27, 2010

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 5140

Cowie's Hotel

As I didn't like Hotel Oasis I headed to Colaba (the area I rather stayed in) and asked for Cowie's Hotel. It was not in my guidebook and I had forgot the address at home. Finally I reached the hotel and was offered a room for 2000 rupees a night (June 2010).
It was so much better than the room at Hotel Oasis so I decided to move right away.

I got a big clean room on the third floor (and here I could use the stairs as I like). There was a big double bed, a sofa, table, desk, chair and a cupboard. There was A/C (which I didn't use) and a TV (didn't use that either) and a fan. There was also a view from the window.

The only thing I didn't like was that the breakfast was served in the room, but there was nothing wrong with the breakfast itself. For breakfast I had omelette, toasts with butter and jam and a pot of black coffee.

• Written July 2, 2010

My room at Cowie's Hotel

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 5140

Hotel Oasis

When I arrived at the airport in Mumbai I asked at the "hotel counter" about Cowie's Hotel, but they said they had never heard about it. Instead they wanted me to go to Hotel Causeway. Well, I had already before had Hotel Oasis in mind (and Cowie's) so I decided to go to Hotel Oasis as it was the cheaper option.

I did not like the room I was shown, but as I was very tired after travelling the whole night I checked in. The room was small, dark and smelly. There was a TV and a noisy fan that could only move in high speed. There was no window (or it was actually black) in the room, but one in the bathroom. Across a narrow pass way there was a window and someone's kitchen. So they could actually see in to my bathroom. Well I took the blanket from the bed and put it over the window.

The room was 1180 rupees (June 2010) and for that price you expect a little bit more. There was no towel, no soap and no toilet paper (they just laughed when I asked). The light in the bathroom could only be switched off if I turned off the light in the room. To open the door out of the room I had to use the key, but to use the key I had to take it from the "pocket" that gives electricity in the room, so it became completely dark. The room was on the third floor and to get there you had to take the very small elevator (always with two or three of the boys working there). I asked for the stairs and were told they were blocked (this absolutely didn't sound good in case of a fire). And there were nowhere to sit except in the room.

As soon as I had had a shower I left my bags in the room and went out to look for another place to stay. Three hours after I had checked in I checked out.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 2, 2010

My room at Oasis Hotel

• smirnofforiginal profile photo smirnofforiginal
  • Reviews: 965

Sahara Star: 5 star Sahara Star

Close to the domestic ariport (25 minutes by cab). The majority of residents in this hotel are business men and possibly a handful of women. The hotel is not yet complete but you wouldn't, staying there, possibly know that.
55,000sq feet set around a tropical lagoon, this is the world's largest pillar-less clear-to-sky dome. It boasts India's largest aquarium (but having seen it I would probably argue the toss over that point!)
Rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable. Mood lighing, climate control and a whole other host of little modern wonders.
An extra bed for the room was easy to arrange.
£10 for 24 hour movies
£8 for 30 minutes of internet unless you have your own laptop with you and then £12 for a 24 hour period.
Definitely was the best place to be stranded because of a volcano, for 5 days!
Close to Vile Parle where they are lovely night markets

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written April 26, 2010
Tip Photo

• lynnehamman profile photo lynnehamman
  • Reviews: 412

Bentleys Hotel: Shabby, but Old World Charm

I make this tip now because have just found out that my other hotel, Shelleys, is closed for renovations.
We spent 2 nights at Bentleys on our 2nd trip to Mumbai. Shelleys was at that time fully booked..
I made the booking by phone, while on our way to Mumbai.
When we arrived- at about 7pm- we were shown a few rooms. Bentleys has a couple of locations, which can be confusing. They are all quite close to each other, and similar in style.
Anyway...........we finally chose a room that was quite spartan- but it has a huge double bed, with a clean white cover & sheets, a clean floor, and an adequate bathroom. Tjis was located in the MAIN Bentleys building.
Our room has a cute little 'Juliet' balcony, which overlooked a peaceful garden area, filled with exotic looking trees and shrubs. And enclosed by a high wall.
The room had a TV- which did not work well. This did not bother us- we don't usually watch TV when travelling anyway.
Tea & Coffee could be ordered from main desk.
We did not take meals here.

So - if you choose Bentleys you should ask to see different rooms before settling in. The management were obliging and helpful.
Bentleys is in a great area of Colaba- within walking distance of Colaba places of interest- markets, Gateway to India, sea promanade, and most restuarants.
Bentleys is also situated away from traffic and noise. It is , in my opinion, a good choice for a budget hotel, no frills, but adequate.

Unfortunately I lost my camera in Mumbai- and so my Bentley pics were lost too. I am replicating a photo taken from Bentleys Webpage to give you a idea of what it looks like.

The size of the room we had was good. I MOST loved the balcony and view of the garden- in the morning and early evening the bird life here is prolific. Waking up to the sounds of birds singing is my idea of heaven,

• Related to: Backpacking, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written December 2, 2009
Tip Photo

The garden (pic borrowed from hotel website)

• supergrowth profile photo supergrowth
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Atithi Devo Bhava: means Guest is next to God: Premium Paying Guest accommodations

All the places are in residential area so you get the feel of the city and people, not like hotels in commercial area which are very crowded and noisy also. All accommodations in posh area of Mumbai.

It is some thing like flat share but not with the strangers but with the owners of the apartments.

• Related to: Work Abroad, Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written July 31, 2009

Living Room

• Sambawalk profile photo Sambawalk
  • Reviews: 1601

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sea Green Hotel: Reasonable 2 star hotel

I didn't stay here, instead I stayed at Hotel Diplomat. I visited Seagreen hotel to check out the rooms before I decided to stay at Hotel Diplomat.

Seagreen hotel itself is a bit run down, like a 2 star hotel. For the prices (incl taxes), I think Hotel Diplomat has much more value. The cheapest room is Rs 2,880 (incl 20% taxes), while in Hotel Diplomat, teh cheapest room is Rs3,350 (incl taxes) but I could get 15% off, i.e. Rs 2,880 too. (Jun 2009)

• Written July 5, 2009

Sea Green Hotel Mumbai

• RocknRolla profile photo RocknRolla
  • Reviews: 18

Service apartments, Hotel: Hiranandani Powai, Nice place to live

Hiranandani Powai is a great place to live...one will find almost everything under the sun there...spent five years ther and it was grt...its safe and happenin...visited mumbai again last year ...the place has become very congested now...but a nice place...nice supermarkets, shopping complex (small)...there was a mall under construction when I left the place 2 yrs ago...wonder if its done...well thers a nice go karting track there on a hill...its fun..
There are a few service apts, and a hotel - Rodas there...I had rented an apt flat as I lived for 5 years ...I used to pay Rs.15,000 every month...that was the cheapest I could manage...donno wats the scene right now...
anyways try the place its cool...better than rest of mumbai...

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written May 9, 2009

A view of Hiranandani, Powai

• BluBluBlu profile photo BluBluBlu
  • Reviews: 754

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Sun n Sheel: Right near the airport!

I stayed here in August 2008. Its 5 minutes from the international, and ten minutes drive from the domestic airport. Typical 3 * hotel with satellite TV, coffee table with comfortable seating, large bed and large bathroom. The hotels restaurant serves cold beer at reasonable prices and they serve some excellent kebabs! I paid 2700 rupees which included transport to the airport the next morning.

• Written September 29, 2008

• chazgilbert profile photo chazgilbert
  • Reviews: 101

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bentley's Hotel: Best budget option?

Bentley's is often dubbed as Mumbai's best budget hotel. Truth be told, it's got a lot going for it. The location is great (on a pretty old-colonnial road running parallel to Colaba Causeway), and it displays a lot of old-Bombay charm.

The room we stayed in was huge - almost too big. It's very basic, but has everything you need (apart from working electricity sockets), and was spotlessly clean. There's a complementary breakfast thrown in too - but the couple of slices of sweet toast won't fill you up, especially if you have a long day's travelling ahead of you.

We booked Bentley's through an agent. My advice would be not to do this - email the hotel directly and they'll send you a reservation form. Our agent certainly made a fair bit of money out of us, much to our annoyance.

Bentley's has a friendly feel, and you're sure to meet other travellers there. My only other advice would be to avoid their bottled water. The quality's fine, they just charge Rs115, when the going rate is Rs20.

Old Bombay charm - something you'll struggle to find in other similarly-priced hotels.

• Related to: Trains, Backpacking, Study Abroad

Hotel Ashwin

Hotel Diplomat

Hotel Fition

• Written August 13, 2008

• aurokant profile photo aurokant
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

red shield hotel: colaba best

Hi,
This days u will easily get a bed as there is off season.I regularly go to redshield . i will b there before or on 23rd if u want i can ask them to keep one bed reserved for u.give me ur details.
bye