Renaissance Mumbai Hotel And Convention Centre

2 & 3B Near Chinmayanand Ashram, Powai, Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra, 400 087, India

Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel
Expedia.com Agoda.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• kandoi's Profile Photo

My first home in Mumbai

I stayed at Renaissance for about a month when I moved to Mumbai, and it became my first home.
    Situated right near the Powai lake, the view is really nice and taking a walk in the gardens, early morning or late in the evenings is really refreshing. The rooms in the hotel are very spacious and well maintained. The staff is very supportive. There are quite a few restaurants serving different cuisines, nice bars, a small lounge(velvet lounge), an excellent swimming pool, spa and a good gym. The food is really nice, and I simply loved the Sunday Brunch in the lakeside cafe.

More about Renaissance Mumbai Hotel And Convention Centre

Overpriced but great view

by TripAdvisor Member Peagreen98

I stayed at the Renaissance Mumbai on a short business trip. The hotel has a beautiful location in landscaped gardens over looking Lake Powai and isn't too far from the hotel.

I booked a car through the hotel to meet me at the airport and the representative was waiting for me in the baggage claim to lift my luggage off the conveyor belt. The jouney was less than 30 mins which is a real achievment in Mubai and the hotel is well guarded with a metal detectors etc on arrival.

The room was pleasant with a great view over the lake and had a comfy queen bed. Complimentary water - which was greatly appreciated. The Emperor s Court (Chinese) was tasty and had good service, room service was good and efficient also.

My only gripes are linked to value for money - for very little extra (about $30) I could have stayed at the Oberoi which is amazing. This was average in comparison. They are building a new wing beside the pool which makes it a bit noisy during the day - not what you would expect without being warned. When I was returning to the UK they turned my driver away saying I had left already thankfully he called and I was able to straighten it out.

Lovely view, nice surroundings but pricey for the quality.

Great hotel to stay for business

by TripAdvisor Member jhart-7

Stayed at the Renaissance Mumbai for 8 nights on a business trip with 7 other travelers from United States. This was my first trip to India. The hotel is beautiful and guarded. As stated in a previous review, the hotel is gated, they bomb check each vehicle, dog sniff your bags and you have to go through a metal detector. I was aware of this before going but it still caught me off guard. However, the staff at the hotel are extremely friendly and by week end, you get used to it. I stayed in room 1148 which was very large, comfortable and very clean. My room was serviced twice a day and I had plenty of bottled water. Nice touches were chocolates left every day and a robe, slippers and flower on my robe were left nightly. The bed was very comfortable with several plush pillows. I used the internet service and yes it is slow but not bothersome. The lounge is wonderful; they serve fantastic warm cashews which we all ate plenty of. I only ate breakfast each day at the hotel which was a buffet and satifactory. I was very cautious on eating so I stuck to eating the basics...eggs, toast, etc. Coffee was very good. One night I had room service consisting of ham and cheese sandwich and french fries, which I thought was very good. My room had a lake and pool view - very nice. Check in/out - very efficient and no issues. I used the laundry service - very good. Would I stay there again - absolutely. Overall, a very nice hotel and India experience. I recommend this hotel (FYI, I normally stay in 4 or 5 star hotels - which this hotel is.)

Great Service, Ok Value.

by TripAdvisor Member kquan

While on business, I stayed here for a month and can say that that the service was steady throughout. The staff are very attentive, and if you're just sitting in the lobby a few times they will inquire about any concerns you may be having. Everyone is VERY service oriented, especially at the restaurants.

There are 4 restaurants in the Hotel and also a coffee shop. The cappucino and espresso in the coffee shop are quite helpful if you're the type that likes a starbucks on every corner (there are currently NO starbucks in India). Also, there is a lounge/club on the premises, so if you're into grabbing a drink with a 'hip' crowd on a thursday-saturday nite, this is helpful. this isnt some crusty old hotel bar either, it's actually a rather popular hang out for the hotel / long term apartment residents.

Only drawback I saw was that the room was rather 'plain'. Bed was quite lumpy, and the furniture/tv/phone/alarm clock seemed a bit dated. Also, my 2nd room (i changed once) didnt even have an alarm clock, and that was the only problem that i had that the hotel couldnt correct during my stay. Also, although i was on a non smoking floor, the smell from the smoking floors came through all the air vents on the floor.

Aside from that, food is fairly priced, in room internet service relatively cheap (a little less than $20 USD for 24 hrs). If you're here on business, its a pretty good place

This is a pretty nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member nottofrequentflyer

The Renaissance is the closest hotel to my office in Hiranandani Gardens. I have also stayed at the Leela, but I prefer the Renaissance, mostly due to it's extensive gardens and the lake views, in addition to it's proximity to my office. The service is good and not too intrusive. I would suggest requesting a room away from the end of the hotel where the construction is going on. It can be a bit noisy near the construction, especially since I work in the evening and try to sleep during the day.

Quiet

by TripAdvisor Member munizaga

I spent three nights at this hotel. A driver picked me up at the airport and was Checkin was good, they upgraded me because I was Marriott Rewards Platinum and they gave me a very large room, in fact I think it is probably the biggest room I’ve had – it had a kitchen with microwave etc, a dining room, a lounge room with work desk, a large bedroom with workdesk and a large bathroom. A very quiet room overlooking the lake.

Bad points: Internet connection which cost Inr870 per day was slow. The drain in the shower was blocked and it was a walk in shower, not a bath shower, so I couldn’t use the shower unless I wanted to flood the bathroom. Elevator outside my room was very noisy so there was a constant ding, ding. The bed had the lumpiest mattress cover but once I removed this the bed was hard but fine to sleep on. When you enter the hotel they make you go through a metal detector and sniffer dogs – I think this is just bogus and for show. Similarly when you arrived there are 8 guys who security check the cars with mirrors etc – also I think just for show. Each morning my company driver came to collect me and they make the drivers wait in a parking section away from the lobby and you need to ask the doorman to call your driver – both days they made me wait saying my driver wasn’t there – the solution is go and look at the registration book for your name and driver.

Good points – very quiet, good sound insulation, large rooms, microwave. Food was very good even if my bacon and eggs in the morning was a little cold.

Staff are just the typical India staff – too many and they tend to be annoying – you can’t do anything without someone following you around – I know this is the culture in India but one of these days a 5 star hotel is going to figure it out and train the staff how to act but probably not in my lifetime.

Final bill was as expect and they charged US$370 per night including taxes. Inr955 to dryclean two suits. Only surprise was they included a CRY donation of Inr 100 which I asked them to remove and they did. No charge for local calls or to pick me up at the airport which surprised me.

To summarise this was the best hotel experience I have had in India.

Great business hotel at the northern suburb of Mumbai

by TripAdvisor Member Sabyasachi

This Marriott property is located next to the Powai lake at the northern suburb of Mumbai. Mumbai airport is not too far - about 20 minutes by car. This hotel is ideal for conference - a big convention centre is attached to the property. This also means that you can expect crowd if you are staying there for any other purpose than a conference. This hotel is also a natural choice if you are visiting IIT-Powai which is right at the opposit bank of Powai lake.
The hotel is a bit far from Mumbai's financial district and nightlife - so if you want to explore Mumbai city and its nightlife, you may look at Marriott's other property on the Juhu beach.

Loved it - a home from home!

by TripAdvisor Member Lulubellemeow

Stayed here while on business - absolutely loved everything about it - I hope they will send me back on business soon. A hotel like this makes it easier to be away from home for so long. Food, Pool, Gym, entertainment shops this otel has it all!

An Oasis in Mumbai

by TripAdvisor Member meliss618

I recently stayed at the Renaissance while on a business trip to Mumbai. As a first-time traveller to India, the Renaissance provided a true oasis away from the chaos of the streets. While the location was a long haul from the tourist sites and shopping, the setting was peaceful, with beautiful lake views and gardens. The service was outstanding throughout my visit and the rooms were pristine. The only reason I would hesitate to stay here again is the distance from the main parts of town. However, most of my business was conducted in northern Mumbai, so it was only inconvenient when I wanted to see the sites. I would highly recommend the Renaissance to other travellers.

Decent place

by TripAdvisor Member MikeCMelbourne

Overall, a pleasant stay.
Nice view. near to airport.
Good security.
Needs a bit of refurbishment.
Got many mosquitoes at the meeting rooms.
Staff service level was alright but expected better.
they had problems with programing the card key on my arrival.

overall, fairly decent and comfortable hotel.

Comments