Solitaire Hotel

New Sanjay Nagar, Sahar Rd, Near International & Domestic Airport, Opp. APT Colony, Mumbai (Bombay),
Expedia.com Travelocity AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Mumbai

At Colaba Causeway Market.At Colaba Causeway Market.

My room at Cowie's HotelMy room at Cowie's Hotel

Trains in MumbaiTrains in Mumbai

Juhu beach, MumbaiJuhu beach, Mumbai

Mumbai Meet:: Join us for Coffee & Travel Talk!

by Donna_in_India

Come join us at Candies in Bandra for coffee, snacks, desserts, and of course, Travel Talk!

When: Sunday May 2nd at 5 p.m.

Where: Candies

Mac Ronells, 5AA Pali Hill, St. Andrews Road, Near Learners Academy, Pali Hill, Bandra (W), Mumbai

Landmark: Near D'Monte Park

(This is the spacious Pali Hill branch, not the location by Lilavati Hospital.)

Please use the following link to sign up:

by rkhanna

Hi
I was looking forward for this, And shall try my best to keep the evening free
Kuldeep

by Donna_in_India

Great to hear Kuldeep. Looks like we're off to a good start and will finally have a meet!

by Ranjit662

Thanks Donna for the initiative, I think this meet has been due for a while and am sure glad it is happening.However I am a bit unsure if I am going to be in Mumbai on the 2nd instant, as soon as I am sure will post my confirmation.

Cheers!

Ranjit

by Donna_in_India

Really hope you can make it Ranjit! Looks like we are going to have a good turnout.

by ni3sgalave

Thanks once again for arranging Mumbai meet ......

i am very exciting .....

i request to everyone .please come join us & Enjoy.....

by rkhanna

So
I hope this is happening on this sunday?
Looking Forward!!
Kuldeep

by Donna_in_India

Yes, definitely! I'll email my phone number to those on the list before the end of the week. Most likely I will try and get space on the 1st floor. Shouldn't be too hard to find us. See you then.

Travel Tips for Mumbai

A Long Time Getting Here

by keeweechic

Mumbai has been a fascination for me for many years. Have I seen the city now? Not by a long shot. I have certainly seen much of a concentrated area but Mumbai is vast and a mishmash of contrasts. Inspiring, uplifting, enriching to unfair, saddening and thought provoking. If it had not been for an inquisitive wanderlust father, I too may have called Mumbai my birthplace.

Slum Living

by keeweechic

It is unfortunate but Mumbai has Asia's biggest slum. In contrast the city also has some of the world's most expensive real estate. I was told by my guide that where there was a wall of any kind, homeless families created some kind of shanty living space. Landlords of these properties were then compelled to offer free water and electricity and really could do nothing to remove these people. I could not find any reference as to whether this was true. However just over half of Mumbai’s population live in slums or chawls (one room apartments). Only 10 to 15% live in proper houses, or high-rises while the rest live off the street. Rubbish accumulates as there are no gabbage men collecting the rubbish. There are plans in place to resettle many and further plans to continue finding these people homes. The population of Mumbai is about 13 million, with a density of about 29,000 persons per square kilometre.

Coconut Drinks

by keeweechic

On the street you will often see the Coconut vendor selling juice. The top is knocked off the top of the coconut with a swipe of a machete type knife and a straw is inserted reading for drinking. Apparently the way in which the coconut is cut is only done this way in Mumbai... not sure what the difference is.

Best Tips To travel Safe Mumbai .

by ni3sgalave

Mumbai is a glittering city that exerts a pull on everyone. It is actually a place, where one can see the most lavish life along with the celebs. Before traveling to any new place, apprehension on top of excitement usually plugs the mind. So as to avoid any stressed condition, one should always refer to the travel tips to steer clear of any unnecessary situation. Health and well-being are things of prime importance. Remove your shoes outside while visiting temples and mosques. It is preferable to have your medical check-ups done prior to traveling Mumbai (Bombay). Keep all your regular medicines, first-aid and general medicines in a medical kit. If possible, then carry your prescription of medicines along. Sun-screen lotions, umbrella, sun-hats etc. are a must, while you travel to this Island City, where the sun shines brightly Prefer traveling in groups than alone Don't get into any prohibited stuff like drugs, ammunitions etc, as it is a crime and the culpable will be treated severely. Always prefer keeping traveler's cheques rather than cash while moving around. You can easily exchange these cheques at various money exchangers.
Do not carry your important documents and valuables all the time rather submit them at the counter of your hotel.

Waterworld/EsselWorld
Western...

by Shelleya

Waterworld/EsselWorld
Western Railway to Borivali train stop. Rickshaw to beach. Ferry to island. Trolley to Waterworld. Rent a swim suit, play in the wave pools and waterslides. Esselworld is not quite as fun, mostly amusement park rides.

Comments