Band Stand, Bandra (West), Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra, 400 050, India

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• MM212's Profile Photo

In need of a facelift

Located at the southern tip of the trendy suburb Bandra overlooking the Arabian Sea, the Taj Land's End belongs to the same luxury chain that manages the legendary Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Southern Bombay. But the comparison soon ends for the Taj Land's End is a modern building with a dated interior in need of a facelift. The service, though, is maintained at the highest standard, and the hotel comes with all of the expected luxury amenities. I stayed here in Jan 2014 to attend a business event at the hotel itself, otherwise I would have preferred to stay somewhere in Colaba. Having said this, it was nice to explore Bandra on a free afternoon, and also to be a shorter distance from the airport. If you have a business purpose close by, then this hotel is a good choice, or if you're on an overnight stay in transit and wish to avoid traffic.

• travelwise217's Profile Photo

Stay in Taj Lands End

Unique Quality: 22,000 square feet of meeting space connected by pre-function areas suitable for exhibitions

Ballroom (without pillars)

Three conference rooms

Poolside outdoor venue

Catering is available for breakfast, lunch, dinner, meeting breaks and cocktail parties
    Choice of international and regional cuisines.

Incentives available at this Hotel:

Health Club
    Golf arrangement on request
    Fitness Centre
    Swimming

• Ricky_globetrotter's Profile Photo

Great Place for Conference

I had a conference here. The facilities were amazing. The lighting arrangement inside the pillarless ballroom was just great. The place was large enough to sit some 100 people. the best part here was the food. I loved Shepherd's Pie, a mutton preparation.

The only black spot was that during our conference, we were disturbed more than once by noise from TV outside.

The view outside is terrific as it stands on Bandstand, where all young couples of Bombay go!!

Unique Quality: Great view and equally great service.

Directions: Ask the taxi driver to take you to Bandstand in Bandra. It's very close to Shah Rukh Khan( a star of Indian Cinema)'s residence.

• Amitu's Profile Photo

ROOM WITH A VIEW

Unique Quality: The Taj Lands End Hotel boasts of several restaurants and bars:

The swimming pool of the hotel is set within the landscaped gardens, and includes a Jacuzzi and waterfall.

The health club of the Taj Lands End hotel has separate sections for men and women.

More about Taj Lands End

my second home!

by TripAdvisor Member rins

I have now stayed at The Taj Lands End about 4 times and my parents visit atleast twice a yr for the last 3 years. i absolutely love it! the service is fantastic n the staff are friendly and helpful. The facilities a good too. Although pricey i thoroughly reccommend staying at the Taj! infact i've booked for this xmas too!

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member slinkyhippo

I stayed here for a few days in January on business. I was meant to be staying near the Gateway to India, but my travel office booked the wrong hotel, which turned out to be a good thing.

The Taj Lands End is set right by the sea and the room I was given was excellent. Really large and had a lovely view over the ocean. There is an old hotel in front of the Taj that is an eyesore, but that is being demolished sometime in the near future (though Indian time-scales do vary quite a lot).

I made use of the fitness centre, which feels more like a real gym than a hotel version and the outside pool area is large and well laid out.

I have to say that the food in this hotel really was good. I ate in my room one night (as I wanted to watch a football match) and the quality did not differ from the restaurants. The choice is suburb and the breakfast buffet was very good.

Overall I really liked this hotel and it is not too far from the airport. While I normally stay in the Grand Hyatt when in Mumbai, I may be making this my first choice in future.

Ignore the rating above - this is a 5 star place

by TripAdvisor Member Paupy

I stayed here with my husband while he was on a business trip. I don't know why this place has been rated as a 4 star - we stayed in one of the Taj Club rooms and this hotel is definitely in the 5 star category. The amentities are great - enormous rooms (especially the bathroom), nice pool, good choice of restaurants, etc etc. Service at times good be a bit unpredictable - especially the car service, which my husband used for work - but still much better than you'll find in most places in India. It would be ideal if the hotel had more entertainment options, but Bandra West is only 10 minutes away and it's got lots of cool places to eat / drink / hang out. If you wanted to stay in central Mumbai, this is not a good option - traffic is so awful throughout the city that it's a 2 hour return trip to the Gateway of India by taxi - but if you don't, this is in a very nice area and offers a good respite from general Indian craziness. I would stay there again.

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member 9k2hn

I was in a Business Trip to Bombay for three days and I stayed in this hotel, didn't have much time to spend in the hotel But over all it is great hotel I didn't face any problem and they were very helpful when help is needed. Don't forget to try the Biryani and the Chicken Tandori at "Masala Bay Restaurant"

Taj hotel lift the bar for all other hotels to aspire to... WATCH OUT HILTON !

by TripAdvisor Member R_Kernohan

I stayed at the Taj Land's End last September on business and found the staff and services provided... faultless. Once again the Taj Group of hotels have lifted the bar for all other international hotels to aspire to... take notice Hilton!

I checked-in and had my luggage taken off to my room whilst I had a refreshing drink at the bar after my long trip. Over the period of my 3 nights stay... I enjoyed the services of room service, restaurants, reception bar, gym, and the business centre and what blew me away was that everyone knew my name and room number... I asked a young girl in reception how did she know me name and room details... see replied "it was her job to know her guests"... WOW... The service in this large, clean and very welcoming hotel were excellent and cannot be faulted. The hotel has a good selection of restaurants to include a very nice Chinese. The Taj Land's End is close to the airport but be warned... it's a good 60 - 90 minutes drive to Mumbai's other popular hotels at Narman Point and Mumbai's Gateway of India. All in all... I very much enjoyed my stay at Taj Land's End... 1st class, 5 star service awaits you... BOOK NOW.

Business trip to Mumbai

by Kumanican

"How to get there/Flight"

Take Thai Airways from Tokyo to BKK 6 hours and also3.5 hours flight from BKK to MUNBAI. I wake up at 5 am in Japan time and arrive at the Hotel around 11:00p.m. in Indian time. It takes almost 24 hours to get there.
MUNBAI is very far!!!!

However, the transit at BKK was very confortable eat Fried rice with Roasted pork and drnik Tiger Beer.

The transfer from the Airport to the hotel was arranged by Taj Hotel.
On the way, I saw the lots of festival. According to the driver, this festival continues 9 days.

"Stay at Taj Lands End"

Taj Hotels the leading hotel in India, excellent service and facility.
The ocean & pool view is very nice!

"Going back to Tokyo!"

Take midnight flight from MUNBAI and transit BKK in the monring.

Comfortable and or Charming Hotels in Mumbai

by cochinjew

My French partner and I will be arriving in Mumbai on the night of 21 Dec and leaving on 24th December. First time visiting Mumbai, for both of us. Would like recommendations for a nice, charming hotel ( in the price range of 100 usd to 150 usd per night double ). She is there on business, and I am on a mission to visit the synagogues of Mumbai. Any information from residents apprecaited to enhance the visit to Mumbai

RE: Comfortable and or Charming Hotels in Mumbai

by ManPal

Hi There!!!

You can check out the Gordon House Hotel or Taj Lands End. Gordon House is a Very charming hotel near Taj Mahal Hotel.

CheerZ!!!

RE: Comfortable and or Charming Hotels in Mumbai

by nsurati

Cant recommend hotels but do not miss the David Sasson synagogue in Fort. Its in the lane opposite Westside. Exceptionally beautiful. Not to be missed.

Comments