Raja Bahadur Mill R, Pune, Maharashtra, 411001, India

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Living as high as it gets in Pune

This hotel is pretty much the fanciest one in Pune. It's not up to the standards of five-stars in larger Indian cities (and, thank goodness, it's also a lot cheaper), but the Meridien certainly does the job as far as comfort and cleanliness.

• husain's Profile Photo

Le Meridian

A pretty good hotel, though i`ve never been a fan of the Meridean's choice of opulent and over the top furniture and decor....

We were here for a shoot, and Meridean was the hotel we`d tied up with for all locations across the country

Unique Quality: Good breakfasts.

• Pierre_Rouss's Profile Photo

le Méridien

reasonable at around US$90-100

Unique Quality: Very nice hotel with traditional European charm and that inimitable French touch is very much in evidence.

More about Le Meridien Pune

Excellent Hotel, but get a room on the right side

by TripAdvisor Member slinkyhippo

I stayed here on Business and found my stay very pleasant. There is a business section to the hotel where you check in on floor 5, this seems like a great idea but bizaarly took much longer than if I had just checked in at the normal desk.
The rooftop pool is small, but it is very nice to relax up there and there is also a really good open air restaurant there aswell.
Overall a very good, but just make sure you get a room that does not face the main train station for Pune - unless you enjoy round the clock train noises.

Fab Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member camabr

Stayed here on business last year, fabulous hotel, the staff were very helpful and not too over the top and always catered for your every need.

As for the hotel itself the foyer really compliments the hotel, it has a number of restaurants with a good variety of food. There is also a nightclub at the bottom of the hotel, popped in there on a Friday night and it was very lively (residents get in free).

We stayed there for the first part of the trip and then the end (we had to check out for 5 days and then back in again due to Brad and Ang being in town at the same time) but where they could they tried to find us alternative hotels which was very difficult or extend our stay.

Pool is nice to relax at but you are aware of the city buzz in the background particularly the train station which is right across the road from the hotel. I personally didn't have a problem with the sound of the trains at night time (I stayed on the 5th floor and then on the 7th floor) but it kept my colleague awake. Maybe bring some ear plugs or ask to be as far away from the train station as you can! The restaurant by the pool is very nice also.

Nice business hotel

by TripAdvisor Member timJL

I spent 4 weeks this January here. It is a good business hotel, with a great rooftop restaurant. It is next to the station, hence some noise. This didn’t bother me but it did some others. The main problem as far as I was concerned was that it wasn’t hugely convenient for shops or restaurants.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Travel2Uk

I recently spent two weeks in Pune on my first business trip to India. The hotel is excellent and you could be in any 5 star hotel in the world. However I was warned before leaving that I should stick to vegetarian food to be on the safe side and avoid the buffet which I did and I was fine although the choices got rather monotonous. Unfortunately my colleague didn't fair so well and she did eat the buffet but to be fair to the hotel we don't know it was that and it all looked delicious. I had a room on the 6th floor which smelled of smoke, I think the only non-smoking rooms are on the higher floors so it would be worth asking. However the rooms are a good size (we had Royal Club) and spotlessly clean. There are also noisy trains and although they disturbed me for a night or two I soon got used to them. The staff in the hotel are wonderful and cater to your every need. Coming from the UK we were working afternoons and evenings so the mornings were fairly boring as there is not a lot to do in the hotel and the surrounding area is not particularly pleasant. My colleague and I (both women) did wander down to Sohrab which is a small shopping precinct on the Sunday morning but the traffic is quite scary and being european we attracted a fair amount of attention. There are DVD players in the rooms but no obvious pay movie channels so it might be worth bringing DVDs to watch.

The company who work for us arranged for us to go shopping on the Saturday which was an interesting experience although don't expect Thailand prices for Western goods.

If you fly to/from Mumbai the car journey to Pune is a good 3 hours plus and there is really nowhere suitable to stop en route so be prepared. The poverty is quite a culture shock both in Mumbai and Pune.

All in all a good choice of hotel and I would definitely stay here again if I have to make another trip.

Top Class..!!

by TripAdvisor Member DancingQueen71

Just returned from a 5 night stay which had been booked by my company while I was in Pune for work.
This hotel is simply stunning...! Completely impressed by the rooms, pool, and all restaurants we tried.
Nice bar near the lobby with good service from the staff.
Cleaning was frequent and effective. The rooms were beautifully decorated and spacious. If you can get away from the roadside, it's perfectly quiet for a good night's sleep.
The breakfast on the 5th floor was a lovely relaxed atmosphere to start the day.
Mornings by the pool were as peaceful as can be on a rooftop next to a train station and main road. The breeze kept the edge off the heat, and the two pools meant we could cool off, or do a few lengths, whichever suited. The snack bar by the pool, served freshly made food, all of good quality.
The Indian restaurant on the roof in the evenings was a lovely setting, and again served excellent food.
The nightclub downstairs was fun, and although quiet on a week night, I'm told the Saturday night was full of life and great fun.
Thoroughly impressed with the quality of the hotel, possibly one of the nicest city hotels I've stayed in.

Comments