36/3-B Koregaon Park Annexe Mundhawa Road, Mundhawa Road, Pune, 411001, India

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• gaolei's Profile Photo

Perfect!

I was greeted by one of the staff. At check in, I was reminded that my member card expired so they renewed it for me. Check-in was quick and convenient. A staff member accompanied me along with the bell boy to my room. She explained the features and made sure I was comfortable.

During the week they had a nice Christmas festival in the lobby. Local kids sang, the staff dressed in Santa hats and mulled wine was served along with munchies. They try very hard to make people comfortable. In the bar one of the bartenders sat with me to discuss beer around the world. Plenty of personal touches here.

Unique Quality: Everything was perfect, from the moment of check-in to the minute I left. I don't know what could be improved, it was perfect.

More about Pune

road going to alibagroad going to alibag

City BakeryCity Bakery

taxi from Mumbai airport to Pune

by AnaUae

Hi All ,
Please can anybody help us with information about any contacts the taxi drivers and costs from Mumbai airport to Pune? We are a couple and we will arrive to Mumbai at 9pm next Thursday and we would like to go direct to Pune on the same day.
Also can anybody give any sugestions for a budget hotels (need to be very clean)close to the Pune Railway Station at Dhole Patil Road.
Many thanks
Ana

by bkarjee

I am not very sure if there are cabs that will directly pick you up from Mumbai International airport and drop you at Pune. Why dont you take a pre paid cab from Mumbai International airport to Dadar (east)? Get down at Pune Taxi stand and take a Pune bound taxi from there.
Last time, in the yesr 2006, I needed a taxi to go to Nashik from Mumbai International airport. I had the phone number of the Mumbai Nashik Taxi operators union (their office is at Dadar too). From Mumbai airport, I called up the union office and they sent me a Nashik bound Taxi to Mumbai International airport. They said they will charge Rs 200 extra for this service. But at the airport, this taxi was not allowed to come near the arrival lounge Tarmac. So I had to carry my luggage on the trolley to the place where the taxi was waiting for me, which is bit of a hassle.
Hence I would suggest you take a pre paid cab to Dadar and hire the Pune bound taxi from there
BK

by Miharika9

There is a counter at the airport for Pune taxis. You can also try http://www.akbartravelsonline.com/ if you want to book in advance.

by purushu

Hi You can get a taxi to Pune from the Akber Travels counter in the airport itself. This being private taxi, it will be expensive. If you want a cheaper option, as our friend advised, get a prepaid cab (This you get from inside the airport. Do not hire cabs from outside)to "Dadar" and from there you can get a share taxi which charges fixed rate. (I do not know the current fare) Please note that the share taxi is a point to point service and I think they will drop you near Pune station. Have to take local transport to your hotel from there.

Travel Tips for Pune

NEW FACE, OLD SOUL

by Siddha3th about GEORGE

Yet another Iranian restaurant tip from Siddharth. Hey, go easy on me now. The guy just likes his biryanis, it's simply an Indian thing :) George for years, had a dilapidated, crumbling dememanour to its interiors... accentuated by furniture from around 35 BC, and waiters from around the same time as well ;-) Then they went and spruced it all up, slapping on some paint and prettying it beyond recognition. No guesses for which version I preferred.

While some of that old, evocative character might have disappeared from George, its knack for a deliciously divine biryani, thankfully has not. Opt for the mutton variety, and settle into a long afternoon of chatter, coffee and a good book.

Comments