Solapur Hotels

Our Members Say

• gentlerowdy profile photo gentlerowdy
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

a memorable pilgrimage-: Solapur's best Hotel- Srikamal International.

I just took my Scorpio from Chennai and came zapping from Bangalore via halt at Mantralayam & the next stop was Solapur, taking my eyesight at a crystal white building, my intuition made an appeal of night halt in the same hotel which was named as Srikamal International.

We got our mammoth luggages unloaded & having it near the reception, we went to have some food to its restaurant, I asked what was available for now & the answer I got was, what would you like to have sir? ignoring the menu card I asked the guy if he could just get me some pepper rassam, Bhendi, rice & chapati, without even hesitating for a moment, the guy turned away with he words "certainly sir" & i was surprised as how did the people of Maharashtra knew to cook even the rare Pepper rassam.

My wife & children where in all praise for me judging my intuition & halting at the most appropriate hotels of Solapur.

In the morning I witnessed the locality as quite stunning for my morning jog.

I just went to the reception & enquired the timings of the temple of Pandharipuram, the kind hero who had allotted me the room the night yesterday timely arrived & said me to just go to the temple administration & give him a piece of letter that he wrote in "Marathi".

...after our breakfast we then left to Pandharipuram & entered the admin office with this letter that I was carrying safe in my vallet.

The temple manager Mr Kulkarni greeted me with a smyle & spoke with me in Hindi...i was ashamed that I could not reply & my wife smita answered immediately that we were from Madras, he immediately sent us to the Darshan from the special entrance & we prayed to Lord Vitthala with tearful eyes of happiness.

Certainly Vitthala had planned our journey & all my thanks to Mr Rahul of Srikamal International, who proved to be not just an owner of a great Hotel but also a thorough human being who extened his help to a stranger as me.

Long live Srikamal solapur.

Srinivasa Raghavan.

Looks like the Hotel is crystal clean, commiing up with yet added restaurants, intelectually ventilated & over all the rooms are huge & charged very reasonable.

It made me beleive that only genuine cultured people are provided accomodation in this Hotel & bookings are carfully filtered, its a great place to live in Solapur & quite courtious & disciplined staff is around here.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written February 8, 2008
Tip Photo

The Royal Entrance of Srikamal

• husain profile photo husain
  • Reviews: 954

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Tripursundari: Hotel Tripursundari

Solapur does have a few hotels, though none are established ones. Tripursundari is the main hotel in town. Seemed close to a 3 star. The rooms are reasonable, the service overall is alright, though pretty slow at the restaurant downstairs, where they may also mix up your order.
Not much to complain about- we were here for about a week.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average