Kalpana Square, Bhubaneswar, Orissa, 751014, India

Booking.com eDreams

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Good option

This was my first choice hotel in Bhubaneswar as it was only a fairly short distance from the train station. The station is about a 10-15 minute walk away or about 5 minutes via autorickshaw. The hotel is also a short walk away from the State Museum and a short autorickshaw ride from the temples. When I arrived I was told that they had no room so I began to look through Lonely Planet for another option. I asked again to which they replied that they suddenly had a room. The room I had was rather grotty with no A/C, stains on the walls but OK cleanliness wise. The bathroom was large but not all that nice. I had a quick peek at the A/C rooms and they're much nicer. My room had a TV and was only Rs250. The staff are fairly friendly and helped me out by booking a flight back to Delhi. The hotel also has a very good non-veg restaurant (called the Golden Bird), veg restaurant and a fast food place (that I didn't try) outside on the ground floor. All-in-all OK, cheap but not that comfortable or nice if staying in non A/C. Checkout is 24 hour.

Directions: Kalpana Square near to the State Museum