Puri Hotels

Sea Beach, Puri, Orissa, 752001, India

Satisfaction Poor

• BEWARE OF THIEVES INSIDE PURI HOTEL!!

I stayed in Puri Hotel from 6th to 9th August. I went for holiday with my family(total 5 members) and we took three rooms here. We had the worst experience staying here !! First of all, the rooms are full of termites and other insects, AC does not work well, poor room service and food is not at all of standard quality. Indeed these are the minor bad things about this hotel and I have written this review to share one of my worst experience of puri trip.
    Two of our money purses were stolen from the room. My husband's purse contained Rs.8000 cash, PAN card, debit card. The other purse contained about Rs.1000 cash. Strangely, someone took both purses from the room when my mother-in-law was standing in balcony looking outside and the door was open for a short while (about 10-15 min). Rest of us were present in another room viewing TV. To our surprise, when we reported this to front desk, there was no reaction at all. The manager did not bother to atleast come and ask us about the incident. The front desk told us to go to police. We lodged a FIR in local police station. Since we had lost the money as well as the debit card, we requested the management to allow us to pay a percentage of due bills after returning back to kolkata, but the manager told they can do so only if we will withdraw the FIR and report to police station that we are not paying fully. Thankfully we got help from one of our local friend and fully paid the hotel bills. We didn't got any cooperation from hotel management.
    So, I will never recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family. Also, I will request everyone to be very alert even if anyone chose this budget hotel.

Directions: PURI BEACH

More about Puri

The Ticket counter.The Ticket counter.

The Chariot of Lord.The Chariot of Lord.

Mud ( Sand) slinging at the beach.Mud ( Sand) slinging at the beach.

Sunrise at Puri Beach from my hotel roomSunrise at Puri Beach from my hotel room

Travel Tips for Puri

Konarak Sun Temple- The Do's & Don'ts

by goutammitra

Request all tourists to read carefully do's and don'ts while entering the World Heritage Site, please respect the regulations fixed by ASI and Govt. of India. Now you shall find security guards everywhere inside the temple and in the campus garden.

Please remmber, now violation of guidelines can invite prosecution, fine which may mar your holiday.

Comments