6/435, Outside Delhi Gate, Ajmer, 305001, India
Best to avoid this hotel
Between 16-20 Oct 2011, we stayed at Hotel Regency. Our review of this property is as under:
1. Hotel Regency building is the only one in that street that looks decent from outside.
2. Management has made good investment in terms of flooring and furniture.
3. Reservation is smooth. 4. Staff are cordial.
THEN WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS HOTEL?
1. Wall seepage in toilets
2. Room walls have too many dirty marks.
3. One can see cockroaches crawling on the floor of the rooms
4. Uncleaned toilets
5. Rooms are not cleaned every day
6. Pillows are very very hard
7. Bed sheets with holes
8. Coffee jugs have never been cleaned.
9. Coffee cups are dirty
10.No supervision at all.
11. Staff are busy watching the TV or sleeping on the sofas (between
11 p.m.-6.30 p.m.)
12. Front desk manager arranges a nice cot with mattress and bed sheet
in the restaurant area
and sleeps between 11 p.m. to 6.30 a.m.(uncless woken up by a costomer
who wishes to leave the hotel early)
13. Ancient account management system
14. All the staff are very friendly so much so, each one takes care of
the other instead of the customers
15. Staff assemble often in the restaurant area for gossip meetings.
16. I do not think that your restaurant revenue is any significant.
Because, it is very poorly managed. I am surprised to see the
management has further investments towards restaurant furniture.
Believe me, there is none to care for these newly delivered furniture.
17. No proper log of any activity
18. Existing room keyholder arrangement is shabby and dirty.
19. Customers have defaced the walls
20. A.C. Rooms do not have AC for 4 hrs per day. (We need to be
compensated for this)
21. Pan spittings in the corners of the walls in the third floor.
22. Door mats are full of dust and never dedusted
23. Broken mugs and dirty buckets in the bath rooms
24. Warddrobe doors do not slide and are full of cockcroaches
25. Remote of ACs are so dirty that you do not wish to operate.
26. TVs are not mounted properly.
27. Leaking taps
There is ABSOLUTE NIL MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION
I DID NOT SEE ANY MANAGER ANYWHERE NEAR THE HOTEL
Strongly advise not to stay here.
RTDC Hotel or Hotel Embassy or Hotel Pravasi (US$35-40/night) is a better choice
Unique Quality: NIL
More about Ajmer
Shah Jahani Masjid
female pilgrimes outside the saint's tomb
Travel Tips for Ajmer
Dargah closes by 9pm but you can sit around and listen to live sufi music played inside the courtyard. Carry a shawl with you to wrap around sit at a comfortable place and enjoy the heavenly music. You can also give the musicians money if you want.
Ajmer: the city of the holiest Muslim shrine
Ajmer is a town with a population of half a million and 130km south west of Jaipur is an important place for Muslim pilgrims of the Indian subcontinent
It can easily be visited as half day trip if you are traveling between Jodhpur and Pushkar, as we did.
The town itself seemed a bit uninspiring and very crowded.
The main sights which we visited were the holy Muslim shrine DARGAH SHARIF and the jain NASIYAN (RED) TEMPLE