Sansar Chandra Road, Jaipur, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302 001, India

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 59% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• clean hotel and helpfull staff

Had nice time in this hotel. I booked this hotel after recommendation of my friend who stayed there . I liked the service and helpful nature of staff. I like to stay there again whenever I plan to jaipur.

Unique Quality: service with smile.

• 850prc's Profile Photo

Historical Raj digs in the center of Jaipur

The city of Jaipur has several haveli options, some of them in the super luxury category. (The Samode Haveli, for example) We chose the centrally-located Alsisar Haveli for to be our residence while in the Pink City. The Alsisar is one of the flagship properties of the Indian Heritage Hotels assocation. This is an old raj mansion that has been restored as a classy and period hotel. If you like gigantic rooms, lots of Raj style furnishings and decorations, and having a hallway that literally looks as if you're heading into the Tales of Aladdin, then the Alsisar is for you.

Early in the process of booking our trip, I made "friend" with the reservations manager at the Alsisar, a pleasant fellow named "Shafeeq". Shafeeq and I exchanged several emails in the process of setting our reservation, and we even had a few phone calls. When I arrived in Jaipur, I made it a point of asking for him. It was amazing, until he realized who I was, he was simply an efficient and focused hotel manager. When he suddenly realized that I was "Pete from America", he broke into a huge smile and then made sure we got THE best room they had available in the hotel, a definite upgrade. So, the lesson here is be personal in your dealings with hotels, you'll make new friends and have a great trip.

Unique Quality: The Alsisar is so much like many other hotels in Jaipur in that it really "sneaks" up on you. When you're driving down the street, you just see a wall and several little shops. There is a tiny sign pointing back through an ornate, but not grandiose, gate. That's the portal to the Alsisar, and once you go onto the grounds, you're in another world - a world of past Indian royalty.

The rooms are beautifully furnished, perhaps a little "over the top" but... when I go half way around the world, I want DIFFERENT. ;) Ours was huge, and actually overlooked the grand dining room down below. (Curtains and doors over the windows keeps the room private) There is a terrifc pool on-site, and a small and pleasing garden area. There's also a small Hindu shrine near the front gate.

Bottom line.... the atmosphere of this place. It's so very Raj and you'll enjoy yourselves a great deal. And before you worry that it may be tooooo alien, you still have the modern stuff around. We spent one morning watching some of the Boston Red Sox - Tampa Bay Rays baseball playoff game, which was being played back home in America, literally the night before. We even called my son to tell him that we'd just seen a decisive home run being hit.

• shane_balmes's Profile Photo

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO PARADISE?

Unique Quality: Hotel has the facility of swimming pool, 24 hours hot and cold running water, Power backup, multi cuisine restaurant, Internet connection and bar. The palace has decor of antique furniture giving the ambience of typical mediaeval Rajasthani style.

Directions: Sansar Chandra Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
    Airport: 12 km., Railway Station: 2 km

• Jaipur hotel

I read the negative tips on the VT site before we went to stay and wondered how we would find this hotel. I must say that, after a 3 night stay, I do not recognise any of the comments as describing the same hotel. The building itself is beautiful and interesting and the town of great interest. The staff were all helpful and we have nothing but praise for the accommodation and facilities. I would definitely go back to stay there. During our short stay I had reason to ask the hotel staff to call a doctor for my husband and they could not have been more helpful and concerned.

Unique Quality: the architecture of the Haveli is beautiful with trees growing in the courtyard, caged birds twittering and bowls of flower petals floating in water

• awesome place to visit again and again..

my stay was superb and very exciting from the starting when we reached at this wonderful hotel. we had a really comfortable stay and felt like a MAHARAJA and my self like a MAHARANI staying in this beautiful palace. But we were surprised of the previous review concerning the management and the telephone rates. we had a wonderful stay and we did'nt had a single problem. the room was very clean and it was tip top. the room service, house keeping and laundry etc was excellent. the food and the was restaurant amazing. the restaurant had real gold work on the walls and the sealing. the swimming pool was awesome.the services was excellent and the staff was good and helpful.we had used the telephone in the room and at the time of check out when i received the telephone bill it was not at all expensive, it was reasonable. they have a travel counter too where you can email, book taxi and do STD and ISD calls on the normal rate.
    in the end i should say that my stay in this hotel was worth it and i really felt like a maharani.i recommend this hotel to every one who wishes to stay like a king and who wishes to stay very comfortably with out any problems like we did.

Unique Quality: services, food, pool, the unique rooms, restaurant etc.

• This Hotel is A TRAP-- DO NOT STAY HERE!

We stayed at the Alsisar haveli and had a nice time in Jaipur, but just as the previous review states, the management are crooks! We left our bags when we had checked out to see some more fo the city, when we returned, our bags were no where to be found. When they did find it, the bags were suspicuously in the car of the owner's friend. After finally managing to track them down there were several pieces of luggage missing. After speaking with the owner, Mr.Singh, he simply claimed that we were lying about this. We were shocked and quite hurt, as well as abviously suffering from the loss of our luggage. It is obvious that this establishment preys on innocent tourists--BEWARE.

• tremendopunto's Profile Photo

A Palace like in Fairytales!

This is a great hotel to take a break from exhausting backpacking and start a living like a Maharaja :-) Great spacious rooms, a parklike garden with a pool and plenty of arches and decoration.....
    For more pics take a look at the Travellogues!

A great quality double room was 40 EUR.

BUT the management are crooks!!!! Be aware! When we arrived two french women were arguing about things on their bill they never had. Ok, can happen I thought.
    But no, we became victims in the same way later. They wanted us to pay for phonecalls we did not have and one phonecall I did from their office, they wanted to charge me 20times more of what the price actually was.

Dont let them fool you, ask for the boss and dont pay for things you did not use......

Directions: Sansar Chandra Road, Jaipur, 302001 India

More about Alsisar Haveli

JAIPUR HAVELI

by Flopez about ALSISAR HAVELI

Alsisar Haveli is a very quiet heritage hotel in the center of Jaipur. Rooms are confortable according IndianĀ“s standar. Pool, restaurant, garden

Living in the halls of Indian heritage

by pchamlis about Havelis - Indian Heritage Hotels

When you are booking hotels for India, I highly recommend that you look into Havelis. This is a general term used to describe Indian Heritage style properties. Many of these hotels are similar in scope and practice to the Schlosshotels (castle hotels) in Alpine Europe.

There are many groups representing "havelis" and historic hotels. And the term haveli is thrown around a lot... it's not always a historic gem. It could mean an old, run-down hotel. So, you're going to want some recommendations and to do some research.

One very good group to contact regarding Indian heritage accomodations throughout India is (not surprisingly) The Indian Heritage Hotel Association. Their website is http://indianheritagehotels.com/

We stayed at three of their properties... The Laxmi Vilas in Bharatpur, the Nahagarh Ranthambhore in Sawai Madohpur, and the Alsisar Haveli in Jaipur. We were satisfied with all three bookings, and I'd recommend those three hotels to anyone.

If a historic hotel is something that appeals to you, and you'd like to share the same roof that generations of maharahs and their courts enjoyed, look into a heritage-style property.

The gateway to the Alsisar HaveliThe gateway to the Alsisar Haveli

The grand dining room at the Alsisar HaveliThe grand dining room at the Alsisar Haveli

Our room at the Alsisar Haveli, JaipurOur room at the Alsisar Haveli, Jaipur

The sign leading to the Alsisar Haveli, JaipurThe sign leading to the Alsisar Haveli, Jaipur

LESS EXPENSIVE HOTELS!!!

by ksandhu1

Hi, My name is Sony Sandhu I am visiting India in November-December of 2004.

After family time in Punjab I am planning to go to Jaipur, Jodhpur, Mount Abu, Jaisalmer and Udapur sometime in November of 2004.

I need info on LESS EXPENSIVE and QUALITY Hotels in Jaipur, Jodhpur.

I have checked several website and I think the hotel rates are shocking for Indian standards. Please advise best method of booking of hotels should I go ahead and made a booking online?????

Cheers!!

Re: LESS EXPENSIVE HOTELS!!!

by SunilMandowra

Hello Sir
Raguvansh lodge is there in C-Scehme which is very good and less expensive also, i stayed there 2 year before
it is near Yojana Bhavan
They are providing good facility at the nominal cost
u can also visit Bundi it is just 210 KM far from Jaipur
it is also very beautiful city u can see Pictures of bundi in my home page , This is my native place
presently i am living in Bangalore
please visit this site http://www.kiplingsbundi.com/

Thanks & Regards
Sunil

Re: LESS EXPENSIVE HOTELS!!!

by RAJASTHANBYCAR

Go to my travelpage and chouse city where you want to
stay.

by ksandhu1

Thanks for your reply! Do you have any idea how much it will cost to stay in Jaipur per night?

Also since I am going Jodhpur as well, cost to stay in Jodhpur is less or more compare to Jaipur. Please reply!

by Anabel111

In Jaipur I stayed in The Alsisar Haveli which was lovely.

In Jodhpur I stayed in the Aji Bhawan...even nicer....

I think you'll find better prices on the net....

by Rajhelp50

Jaipur has the best quality family hotels of any places. Tell me your budget and I will recommend a few!

Comments