Hotel Mandawa Haveli

Hotels.com Tingo.com Venere.com

Costs 69% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Mandawa Haveli

Mandawa HaveliMandawa Haveli

Monkeys enjoying the viewsMonkeys enjoying the views

Domed windows of Hawa Mahal - Feb 2009Domed windows of Hawa Mahal - Feb 2009

The wall around Amber Palace, JaipurThe wall around Amber Palace, Jaipur

Hotels & more in Jaipur. Please HELP!!

Hello guys,

Need your help!! Please advise me on the following:

Which hotel of the following 3 would be a better choice for a 2-3 day stay in Jaipur in terms of the best value for money and having a Rajastani style/flavour in its setting, Mandawa Haveli, Alsisar Haveli or Aray Niwas?

Where is better to shop for cloths, shoes, leather and jewellery, in Delhi or Jaipur?

How much is a rickshaw cost from Jaipur railway station to Hotel Mandawa Haveli?

How close is Hotel Mandawa Haveli to major attractions in Jaipur?

Where I could have a good Indian meal at reasonable prices?

How much I would be expected to pay for a bus ride from Jaipur to Amber Fort?

As I’m taking my mother with me and want to give her some relaxation treatment, where I could arrange for her to get good massage and aromatherapy?

Till what hour at evenings it is safe to wander around Jaipur? Are there popular safe public gardens, parks where people could rest and have a meal at evenings?

Thanks in advance.

by robine

I'm afraid I can only answer one of your questions. The Kwality chain of restaurants has a branch in Jaipur, and is inexpensive and reliable.

by asina

Hi Miahri, My suggested hotel Alsisar haveli, Mandawa Haveli (both are heritage property) and Arya Niwas.
Bapu Bazar, Johari Bazar is famous for shopping for japurites. Auto Rikshaw ccost from railway station to hotel is about 20-25 INR.
There are many indian resturant (Niros, Surya Mahal, Chankaya)on M.I. Road (close to your hotel).
Have a nice time in Jaipur!

Hello guys,

Thanks for the help.

Asina, could you please make it clear which of the hotels would be a better choice, as I couldn't understand it from your email.

One more question. As I'll be travelling to and from Jaipur on Shatabdhi Express and it arrives in Jaipur around 11am and leaves around 6pm how many days I should spend in Jaipur if my whole stay in India is 7 days, of which some I should devote to Agra and Delhi?

Should the duration of my Jaipur stay be like this:
1/2 day (the arrival day afternoon) + 1 day + 1/2 day (the departure day morning to late afternoon, or

1/2 day (the arrival day afternoon) + 2 days + 1/2 day (the departure day morning to late afternoon?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks.

Where to Stay in Jaipur == be there July 6-8

by laflx

Any good places to stay in Jaipur? Will be coming from Vrindivan and Agra...suggestions there too?

THANKS

by chagu

If you want clean/cheap/central.....
check out Arya Niwas. Cannot remember the web address but just Google it.
It has friendly effeicent staff and a self service vegetarian eaterie.
Air conditioned rooms available.
chagu

by schlumpf

Hi,
I have been in this place ,which was simpyl GREAT!

Directions:

phone: 91-141-2201121

Website:
www.jaipurinn.com

by lachydragon

I can give the reverse advice and suggest places NOT to stay in Jaipur. I travelled there as part of a trip around Northern India and we stayed in Budget places around the country. Generally we found really good places that were cheap, clean, friendly and safe. In Jaipur we stayed at the Ashiyana Guest House in an area off Mirza Ismail Rd, near Ajmer Rd. There were a cluster of cheap places here but the area had a bad feel about it - we were warned about the shops in the area scamming people and there seemed to be quite a few people just hanging around the streets and approaching tourists.

As for our hotel, well, the manager seemed a really friendly genuine guy but once I left made unwanted advances to my friend - the only time she has really felt uncomfortable in her whole 8 weeks in India.

Hope this will help avoid staying somewhere uncomfortable, hope you find somewhere great too! Jaipur was an amazing city, you'll enjoy it.

by nish2027

Hi there,

I stayed at a place called the Mandawa Haveli. It was a royal villa converted into a small hotel.....very exotic and very very royale!

Nish

RE: RE: Where to Stay in Jaipur == be there July 6-8

by nish2027

PS: not too sure what the address is but trying typing "mandawa haveli jaipur" on google...shouldnt be too difficult!

by faizy

whats your budget like and what all amenities do you expect in the hotel?

Which hotel?

Dear guys,

Please advise me which hotel would be a better choice to stay in in Jaipur. Alsisar Haveli or Mandawa Haveli? I am a budget traveller.

Would it be cheaper to book a Jaipur and Amber fort tour from the hotel or through another tourist agency?

If I am arriving in New Delhi Indira Ghandi airport about 8 a.m. is it better to travel straight to Jaipur by train/car?

Thanks.

by DEVAM

hi
if u want a jaipur guide for free!!!!! then call me at 9414592371.but u have to pay for the coffee which i like most and wanna with u !!!!!! actually i love to meet visitors and talk to them. i am very talkative and u should aware of that!!!
wanna
devam

by kpoocha

the one of the best hotel in india is Hotel Aryanivas in jaipur itis a budgget hotel , and very good value , i stayed there last year and they have good rates for the taxis ,

you can see the difference by your self .

by suru

Since you arrive at 8am., it is better that you take a bus sratight to Jaipur as car would be expensive.

In my opinion it is not necessary to book the hotel and the amber fort tour thru any travel agency since this is off season and you can get a hotel easily.You can always go to Amber fort by yourself as the travel agencies charge you more.

Travel Tips for Jaipur

Polo

by 10753435

Rajputs have been keen equestrian and they take to the horses like a fish to water. Their taking to polo in big way was only natural. Their association with polo dates back to the Mughal period and miniature paintings at the Mehrangarh Fort bear testimony to this early introduction to the game. * helmet
* riding boots
* whip
* Polo ball

Central bus station

by l_joo

Picture is the Central Bus Station of Jaipur. The public bus to Agra and New Delhi operate every 30 minutes and cost around 120Rs each. Tourists like me can easily wake up at 10am take a rickshaw here and buy the ticket at counter, just that simple. Beside the ticket counter, I bought 2 bottles of mineral water 10Rs each and many many tasty curry puff for the 5 hours ride.

Watching Mr. India

by l_joo

Not all the time we are out there on street watching historical sites, now I want to show you something you always do in travel. Lying on the hotel bed to watch TV and this time I was watching the Mr. India right here in Jaipur and I like it so much, a tip for you.

entrance fees fit for a king!

by smirnofforiginal

There is no denying that this is an impressive palace. It was by no means the most spectacular palace I visited on my travels but it was most definitely the most expensive. It was 300INR per (foreign) adult (Indians got in for less than 50INR) and there was a fee for children too (children everywhere else are free up to the age of 12!). There was a fee for cameras BUT there are more areas where you may not take photos than there are where you can! I watched a lady take an "illegal" photo and not only did she get shouted at by the guards but she had to delete the picture and she got a fine! Headphones are free but a cash deposit (if you have any!!!) has to be left and ID too (driving licence etc...)
Every which way you turn there is another person with another type of turban desperately trying to muscle into your photograph so they can then demand some money!

The outer walls are from Maharaj Jai Singh's time but the add ons go all the way into the early 20th century.

My personal opinion : I felt it was a tourist money trap and if there was one place in and around Jaipur I could happily take off my itinerary, it would be here! I can simply say "Been there, seen it, done it" and am, by no means singing its praises.

Silver Jars(Gangajali)

by radz

Inner courtyard can see 2 sliver jars displayed at Sarvatobhadra Mahal.
This Jar had entered into Guinnes book of World record for largest silver objects in the world.

It was made here city Palace by sliversmiths Govind Ram&Madhav.
Weighing 345 kg ,5.3"ft height,with circumference of 14'10".Its one piece,without any solderig work,useing 14,000 sliver
coins metled into sheets&they were shaped as Jar.No Soldering work here.Amaging really.

It was made especailly for Maharaja Sawai Madho Singh II to carry the Ganges water
to England.He went to meet England king Edwrd VII'S Coronation in 1902.

Comments