Hotel Pearl Palace

Ajmer Rd, Hathroi Fort, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302001, India

HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hotel Pearl Palace is a great budget hotel

I had been recommended to stay at Hotel Pearl Palace and as it seems to be a very popular place I sent an email to reserve a room more than a week in advance. It is possible to make reservations, but only if you arrive to the hotel before 16 in the afternoon. They have rooms in different categories and available at the time I were visiting was a standard room with air-cooler. In the room there was a fan, TV and a bathroom with hot water. It was a convenient room. For the room I paid Rs 750 (August 2010).

The staff is very helpful and when you arrive you will get a booklet with information about Jaipur, not only information about the sights, but also very good information about transportation and how much it cost.

On the roof there is a nice restaurant, the Peacock Rooftop Restaurant. It is a lovely place to sit in and relax any time of the day. There is also a souvenir shop open in the evenings. In the shop I bought some nice bracelets and a necklace.

Hotel Pearl Palace is situated on a quiet street just off Ajmer Road and it is not far to walk there from the railway station or bus station.

• otikim's Profile Photo

2 star hotel in Jaipur

Backpackers favorite highly recommended by most of the leading guide books of the world The Pearl Palace is an oasis in the desert providing a refreshing break from the hustle and bustle of traveling to recharge your batteries.

Unique Quality: Amenities:

Well ventilated newly furnished first class budget hotel.
    Reception and Room Service open 24 hours
    Phone facility in every room. Long distance call from reception at government rates, Free Incoming call, transfer to rooms.
    Air Conditioned / Non AC and Air Cooled rooms.
    Attached bath with Hot and cold shower in every room (24 hours).
    Doctor on Call (24 hours).
    Roof Top Restaurant (Indian, Chinese, Continental Cuisine).
    Folk dance, puppet show, palmist and application of henna on hands on demand.
    Cable TV with satellite channels in all rooms.
    Taxi/ Coach Services arranged.
    Bus ,Train and Air ticketing.
    Walking distant to RTDC Gangaur hotel for Government local site seeing buses & Tourist information center.
    Call us from railway station or main bus terminal (sindhi camp) for Free pickups on demand.

Check in -check out time 12.00 noon
    Foreign currency exchange at very attractive rates ( 24 hours).
    Service: mid ranged service
    Star: 2 star hotel

Directions: Centrally located in a safe Area (1 Km from Railway station, Interstate Bus Terminal and 13 Km from Airport).
    Free pickup*Call us after you arrive in jaipur from railway station or main bus terminal (Sindhi camp) for free pickup ( within 5-10 minutes )

• luckymiffy's Profile Photo

Pearl Palace

the hostel makes me comfortable, and so does the room we stayed. It's such a nice place that you never forget in your life. The owner, Mr. Sigh, is a rich, kind and smart person. He designed the furniture including chairs and tables. Everything is unique here. He is a great artist.

More about Hotel Pearl Palace

All the good things your read here are true!

by TripAdvisor Member LawrenceKansas

I stayed at the Pearl Palace for a couple of nights in mid-February with my husband and our daughter. We booked our rooms directly through the very nice Pearl Palace website, and through exchanging email. I chose it entirely because of the good reviews I read here and we were not disappointed. The hotel is as clean, beautiful, safe-feeling, friendly, and filled with art as everyone says it is. Mr. and Mrs. Singh are very nice people who clearly enjoy meeting their "guests". The rooftop restaurant is lovely and the food is absolutely wonderful! They make really good masala chai, also. I highly recommend the Pearl Palace.

Will Return to this Gem!

by TripAdvisor Member NewYorkjb

tripadvisor.com is the best website and the reviews about Hotel Pearl Palace convinced me I had to stay there when in Jaipur. I was completely satisfied. Mr. Singh has been developing his hotel for 10 years and has made it an outstanding place. The hotel staff is great and the rooms are wonderful (especially ones with a balcony). You can pay to use the broadband internet connections on 2 PCs in the computer room/lounge (just let the front desk know you're going to log on). The casual rooftop restaurant is a gem. The hotel picked us up at the train station and arranged for a hired driver to take us sightseeing. Mr. Singh has even written his own tourist guide booklet. Postcards, stamps, and a dropbox are available at the front desk. You'll love this place.

Wonderful, welcoming hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Jetten

So much care and love went into creating the Hotel Pearl Palace! Being a budget traveler my only expectation is a clean room and a comfortable bed. Every expectation was exceeded at the Pearl Palace.

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Pearl Palace in mid-January for 4 nights. We walked directly to the hotel from the train station, without a reservation, purely upon a recommendation from the Rough Guide which described it as “the gold standard in budget accommodations”. Wow!

Every person we encountered at the hotel was kind and gracious! Mr. Singh, the owner, made a point to make everyone feel welcome. Mrs. Singh supervised the kitchen at the fantastic rooftop garden restaurant– my favorite was the palek paneer. We were greeted with a heartwarming smile at every meal by our waiter from Darjeeling.

There was something amazing, thoughtful, artistic, cultural and welcoming every time you turned a corner. You could stand in a hallway and just be mesmerized by the ceiling. On our last day while walking down the stairs I looked up and saw a beautiful tapestry I hadn’t yet noticed. Mr. Singh, also an artist, designed the rooftop restaurant and won an award for the chairs and tables designed with a sense of humor. We loved his door to heaven garden entrance. The welcoming booklet entitled ‘Jaipur for Aliens’ written by Mr. Singh, was full of useful information about the hotel and services as well as for the Jaipur area. The rooms, hallways, restaurant, bathrooms were spotlessly clean. One of the many touches from the hotel was the hotel cards with our names and passport numbers which saved us time for all future hotel registrations.

believe all the glowing reviews

by TripAdvisor Member travgran

I stayed here for 4 nights early March, during the festival of Holi in Jaipur.
This place is a true gem, and at any price one of the nicest places I stayed during a month in India.
What makes it so special? The exceptional value for money,(450 rupees/night for a single) the quiet, residential location, the friendliness of the welcome from all the staff - without exception, and the ambience.
Owner Mr Singh lives on the property, he and his gracious wife are hands on owners, and it shows.
Mr Singh is an artist. His whimsical metal tables and chairs on the roof top restaurant are his work, and he supports local artists at every opportunity. Walking through the property is akin to visiting a delightful gallery.
The rooms are comfortable and clean. The food is delectable, the bird's eye view of the city from the restaurant a bonus.
The "Jaipur For Aliens" booklet, written by Mr Singh, is most useful. Postcards and stamps are available at the reception desk, where there is also a book exchange. Money and travellers checks can be changed at official bank rates.

A true Oasis- believe the reviews!

by TripAdvisor Member travellerR2007

I stayed at the Pearl Palace at the end of March. The hotel is a real oasis in India! By this, I do not mean to suggest that it is a 5 star property. However, it was one of only 2 hotels in India where I felt safe and trusted the staff. Those who have travelled in India will know that this is something that is VERY difficult to find.

The hotel itself is very nicely decorated. My room was very clean, and was a bargain at Rs. 675 (it was a deluxe room with A/C). I would definitely recommend getting an A/C room if you are travelling anytime after March as it gets very hot in Rajasthan. The washroom area was a bit small, but still very clean and usable.

The staff and service at the hotel is what probably makes it stand out in my mind. As I mentioned, they were all very friendly and willing to help. They also did not ask for tips! The hotel advises its guests to not tip staff individually and I believe this is a practice that should be followed at all hotels in India. Otherwise, I find that situations can become uncomfortable with staff waiting and/or asking for tips after every little thing that they do for you. In the end, I did tip certain individuals, but only b/c I found their service/advice to be particularly helpful and b/c I had stayed for a few days.

The restaurant is also something that should be commented upon. The food is VERY tasty and well priced (you can easily eat a good meal for Rs. 35-50, and you can like a king for Rs. 100-150). The only downside is that it can take a while to get your food after your order. However, this is probably b/c it is all prepared fresh. All the food is also washed in filtered water, which helps to ensure that it is safe for tourists to eat. The restaurant was one of the few places in India where I felt safe eating almost anything.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family, and plan on staying there should I return to Jaipur. The hotel does not pretend to be a 5 star, and that is not what you will get there. In fact, Mr. Singh specificially advertises it as a 2 or 2.5 star. However, I would compare it to other 3 to 3.5 star places in India. You definitely get what you pay for at the hotel, without feeling like you are getting ripped off at every turn (the only other place where I felt like this was the Hilton in Agra, and I paid more than 10x the price to stay there!). Kudos to Mr. Singh ... other hotels in India should emulate his business practices.

You can see and feel the efforts made

by TripAdvisor Member tribesman_76

Stayed here for 5 days. We were booked in for 2 days originally and then made Jaipur our travel hub and came back for 3 more days from Ranthambore and Udaipur respectively. This was our number one hotel in India. We had a blast here. The value can't be beaten and the room was great.

We loved the attention to detail orchestrated by Mr. Singh. He's a nice softly spoken fellow with a great peaceful aura about him. His local knowledge is top class and he gives great tips on where to go and how to do it, and you get the feeling that he does this out of pride.

We stayed in 2 different rooms on our 3 stays there. The staff played ball and did their best for us. They stored our bags and were very transparent in their dealings with us. The hotel is kept in great shape. It's constantly being cleaned and the decor is vibrant and tantric in nature.

There is a lovely chilled out common room area with 2 computers. The roof-top restaurant is lovely. Got a great view of the city and again the decor is fantastic, again showcasing a wonderful attention to detail. The tables and chairs are uniquely designed. On that floor also tucked away in the corner is a cute silver store selling earrings and all that kind of stuff. It appears to be nicely priced and there is no pushy salesmanship here. You can browse at your leisure.

Laundry service is good. There are money exchange facilities. The front desk staff are helpful and have plenty of local knowledge. The hotel itself is tucked away from busy roads and foot traffic. There is free pick-up from the station (20 rupees from the station if you can' t connect with the hotel.)

About 90% of the people staying here are travelers from the west so the potential for idea exchange is great.

What more can I say...I totally enjoyed this place. The vibe was great and it's just so refreshing to see professional pride in every corner.

Excellent value and service!

by TripAdvisor Member mikesche

We loved this place! This was by far the best value for our money on our entire trip to India. Our room was clean and comfortable. The entire hotel is wonderfully decorated with statues, murals, etc. The rooftop restaurant is reasonably priced with tasty food.

Mr. Singh personally ensures that you are happy with your stay. He's usually available in the Internet cafe at night for your suggestions for improvement.

You must stay at this place!  It's a quiet oasis in the chaos of Jaipur!

Comments