A- 40, Subhash Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302016, India

Satisfaction Average

Costs 56% less but rated 19% lower than other 3 star hotels

• bradbeaman's Profile Photo

Heritage Hotel

I booked this on makemytrip.com and was very happy with it. Extended the stay by one night. The hotel has 31 AC rooms and good lacation for tourist visits. No hassels.

More about Jaipur

Textile and Costume MuseumTextile and Costume Museum

Balconies and wooden lattices, Chandra MahalBalconies and wooden lattices, Chandra Mahal

The Central Museum hallThe Central Museum hall

The traffic in JaipurThe traffic in Jaipur

Rajasthan Tours Travels

by michaelbraganza

hi,

I'm going on a tour arriving in Delhi the beginning of Dec. Is it necessary to get immunizations. My doctor says it is. I'm a bit leary of taking typhoid, malaria, hepititus plus additional things. I will be going to Agra, Jaipur,Rathambore to name a few places With Travel http://www.swagattours.com/ Travel Agent
Would like an opinion of someone who has traveled recently. Thanks.

by Simone511

I have been to India twice, the third trip there coming up early next year. I have never had an immunization prior to travelling there, and have not had as much as a stomach upset while there. I have spent time in Jaipur, Jodhpur and Jaisalmer. I hope that you are going to the latter, as we found it to be magnificent. In Agra it is worthwhile to make a trip around to the other side of the river that lies behind the Taj Mahal, and view the building from that viewpoint. Happy travels

by BluBluBlu

I'd not bother with Malaria tablets, but the rest...its only a coupla jabs...why take the risk?

Blu

by mollynsteve

On our first trip to India about 20 years ago we were with a group of physicians. In Jaipur we visited a small hospital. The doctor conducting the tour said that in that hospital alone they treated about 50 cases of malaria EVERY WEEK. I imagine malaria is just as prevalent now. So, while the odds certainly are in your favor, I would certainly take the prophylaxis and get the immunizations. We are about to go to India for our 3rd visit and have done so each time. I am a retired physician, and I agree with your doctor's advice. I always check the CDC website for country-specific recs.

by NYTim

I was there in October of 2007. I got vaccinated for everyting and took malaria pills daily. I cam home unscathed.

by giampiero6

Do not take foolish risks with your health. We had a VT member die of malaria in Ghana a few years ago because she didn't take malaria phrophylaxis. You may not need it in the end, but why risk your health like that?

Travel Tips for Jaipur

Jantar Mantar Guides

by Willettsworld

When I was queueing for my ticket, I turned round and there behind me was a guy called Rodriguez I sat next to and talked to on a bus back from Khajuraho to Jhansi a few weeks beforehand. He was now with his father and sister and they paid for a guide to explain to them how the instruments work which was very interesting otherwise you're not entirely sure what they are used for.

Amber

by grets

Amber was the ancient capital of Jaipur state before the move was made to Jaipur. The fortress-palace was contructed from 1592 by Rajah Man Singh, the Rajput commander of Akbar's army. It was later extended and completed by the Jai Singhs, before the shift to Jaipur on the plains below.

Jaipur - Istanbul with Air Arabia

by josephescu

Air Arabia is a low cost company whose hub is in Sharjah, the United Arab Emirates, who targets towards some of the foreign workers in the Emirates (Indians, Nepali, Somali, Egyptians, Turks, etc.).

Since it opened a daily flight from Istanbul (the smaller airport, Sabiha), Air Arabia is a good choice for flights from Eastern Europe to a number of destinations on the subcontinent, including Central Asia.

In a few words: e-tickets only brought online, reservation number is enough, new Airbus planes only, friendly staff, reasonably priced food on board.

Unbeatable price: Jaipur - Istanbul (via Sharjah) less than 200 EUR, taxes incl.

Fort Amber - former capital of the Jaipur region

by Luchonda

Fort Amber builded in 1592 by Raiput Raja Man Singh is located at the top of the mountain in Amber and can be reached by elephant taxis.
The infrastructure of this Fort will show you some nice rooms and history like :
The Diwan I Am : Official guest room
The Ganesh Pol : Elephant Gate
The Sukh Niwas : Dressing room of the ladies of the Raiput !!

City Palace

by Rupanworld

the City Palace of Jaipur is located in the heart of the pink city. It is said that the palace complex occupies one-seventh of the entire city's area. It was originally built by Maharaja Jai Singh II of the Kachhwaha clan of Rajputs but later on additions to the palace were made by many of his successors. Maharaja Jai Singh is well known for some of the most beautiful architecture, art and craft structure in the city. A great regret of mine is that I could not manage to go and see the interiors of the palace which I have heard, is very beautiful, with many museums and collections. The reason that I was not allowed in was that there was the shooting of some Bollywood movie going on inside. It's a pity!

Comments