Madhuban Hotel

D-237 Bihari Marg, Bani Park, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302016, India

Agoda.com HostelBookers.com

• intelligentsia's Profile Photo

The Best $20 Room in Jaipur

Absolutely wonderful stay in June 2005. The hotel is a model of Rajastani decor tatsefully done. The rooms and building are so colorful you can't help but to feel happy. Plus the cleanliness is of a standard truly unexpected - the floors gleam! Once inside the walls of this hotel you feel as though you've been teleported to another world.

Dining is outside upon a very lush green lawn and there are some bunnies for your enjoymnt. Perhaps a gecko will visit your room as well.

The rooms are very well apportioned, beds comfy, and shower is hot with excellent pressure. The family who run this hotel are very cordial and will help you with anything you may need during your stay. They arranged cars for our party of 8 and on our scond day found us reasonably pricd tour guides.

This place is truly a gem. I can't recommend it high enough.

Unique Quality: Beautiful decor in typical Rajastani style

Cleanliness

Cordial, fair dealing hosts that really take care of you

Directions: D-237 Bihari Marg
    Bani Park
    Jaipur - 302016

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo

Excellent Budget Choice

Located in a residential neighborhood about a kilometer from the train station and from the 'pink city' proper (the walled old town), the Hotel Madhuban is an exceptionally pleasant place to stay.

A 'Heritage' hotel, the Madhuban is located in what has been converted from a small mansion. Rooms are good-sized, nicely furnished, and immaculately clean.

The owner, Dicky Singh, and his staff are especially helpful:

+ Having called the hotel from Delhi, they arranged to have me met at the train station.

+ 'Bellmen' will bring a menu to one's room so that s/he can order a meal that will be served at the desired time.

Unique Quality: One may eat either in the small indoors restaurant or on the lawn in the garden. The food is typically Mughal and portions are large. (I don't think alcohol is served, though I didn't ask.)

A large and lavishly furnished -- sofas, art works, antiques, reading material -- common room, on the ground floor, is a good place to meet other visitors.

Directions: A very quiet residential neighborhood close to most of the main sights.

• oceania26's Profile Photo

Amazing Hotel in Japiur

Excellent hotel, amazing ambience, scenery, decor and excellent value for your money. Very close to all major sighting seeing destinations. Helpful and friendly staff.

I wouldn't really recommend the food, nothing spectatcular, over priced and you're charged an additional fee for ordering (don't know why).You can eat in their restaurant or outside in the backyard.

Unique Quality: Each room is so nicely decorated, clean and safe.

You can eat in their restaurant or outside in the backyard.

They have a pool

Directions: Address:
    D-237, Behari Marg,Bani Park,
    Jaipur, India
    Located 2 Kms from Rly Station.

Do a search for the name to get more info and see pics of the place.

More about Madhuban Hotel

great room unfriendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member neilc27

This was the first hotel we stayed in in India and the building and room were very kitsch and we loved it for that. The place was very clean and in a lovely quiet area of Jaipur. However we found none of the people who worked there particularly friendly or helpful even though we had received lots of emails before our visit telling us they were looking forward to seeing us and an email after our visit hoping we'd had a good time! The food in the restaurant was very average and there was no water in the pool. On balance even though the building and area is great it wasn't a particularly great place to stay.

Owners Ignored Us

by TripAdvisor Member raskolnikov

It is a few years since I stayed at the Madhuban (January 2003) but I felt prompted to write after reading the reviews. Our experience of the place was that it was quiet, peaceful, overpriced, devoid of atmosphere (especially the restaurant), the staff fairly downbeat but reasonably helpful. However, the main point of this review is the
pre- and post-stay emails from the owner Mr Dicky which were gushingly polite, friendly and helpful compared to the reality of the stay when we were ignored completely. It seems that this is the mainstay of Mr Dicky's business: friendly initial contact, friendly post-stay contact but deliberately ignoring you when you are there and pretending to have been too busy/sorry to have missed you etc etc afterwards. Shameful really, although you wouldn't really notice until you've read the same comments over and again on this website - I was rather surprised to have been drawn in by this mild
"deception". However... it is not a bad place to say on the whole but better value can be found elsewhere and probably with more honest
owners. A final note: do not stay in the Royal Suite, it is poor value for money and the jacuzzi is an Indian joke, stay in the Super Deluxe (see website).

A reasonable midrange choice in Jaipur

by TripAdvisor Member bt7

My wife and I stayed at Madhuban for one night in March.

The hotel and room were neat, clean, and quiet.

Food was ok. Location is a little out of the way, but you could argue that's a good thing as you're out of the clamor of dowtown.

Front desk clerk was a grump, and staff were competent if not very welcoming.

As midrange hotels go in Rajasthan, this is not a bad choice.

Gorgeous place to stay and owners extremely helpful

by TripAdvisor Member Angeliqueorr

I'm writing this review because I've been looking over some of the recent posts and I had a totally different experience to other guests. Myself and my friend Jen stayed at Madhuban back in February. It's quite simply gorgeous - a real oasis of calm to escape to from the vibrancy and madness of Jaipur. Rooms are lovely and the garden quite beautiful. I travel loads with work and for pleasure and this place sticks out in my mind as being really lovely.

Mr and Mrs Dicky Singh were SO, SO friendly and helpful to me. Half way through my holiday to India I had a job interview via phone to the UK and I did the interview from Jaipur / the hotel. I was really nervous and worried about the logistics of it so got in touch with them directly beforehand from Nepal and they gave me full advice about how the panel could be in touch with me. When I was there they went out of my way to help me organise a special phone from the room to do the interview (with direct line call) and since return have been in touch about the outcome (which was positive - starting new job in a couple of weeks hurray).

They're busy people and went beyond the call of duty to help me.

The rest of the hotel services were great too - good restaurant (would have done anything for a cold beer tho!), great help with booking brill tour and also place for excellent Indian Massage. Also picked up and dropped off at the bus station. Just brill

Book it! Stay there! Enjoy it!!

Delighted with Madhuban

by TripAdvisor Member NurseBaker

I was so delighted with my stay at Madhuban in February, 2007, that I returned in March, so that I could introduce some other friends to this wonderful hotel in Jaipur. The owners of the hotel, Mr. and Mrs. Dicky Singh, were most helpful through e-mails with arranging both my visits, and were present at the hotel to ensure the wonderful management of the hotel. The rooms were spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated with typical Rajasthan fabrics and furniture. The staff was polite and very helpful. Mrs. Singh was present in the dining room at breakfast each morning to greet guests and ensure the smooth running of the wonderful breakfast buffet. After living in India for over 7 years, I am delighted to have found this lovely hotel with such great value for money.

Loved The Madhuban: luxurious stay.

by TripAdvisor Member HolidaySaaj

We stayed in the Madhuban for three nights when we were in Jaipur. The hotel is a real surprise and the royal suite is absolutely worth the additional money. Clean facilities, jacuzzi bath, four poster bed, a/c, tv, lots of space, lovely view over the gardens. We were so ready for this hotel after our time in Delhi and Agra.

The only minor issue was with our pick up from the station. We got in late at night from agra by train and they promised to pick us up but were not there. When we phoned the hotel they said noone would pick us up despite being assured of it. When we asked to speak to the manager, they were happy to pick us up. Make sure you get email confirmation and keep the hotel no with you if you have a pick up just in case.

POsitives: very luxurious room, good vfm, lovely bed, bathroom, very clean, great setting and gardens to sit in, friendly people, small pool and not far from everything by rickshaw or car. Quiet hotel, restaurant attached (we didn't eat there as we were out late ; try The Copper Chimney - its great, the Natraj is also good but food is a bit salty). Nice driver called Seethi will take you around and will stop you getting ripped off.

Neg: the pick up; at 11.20 pm no pick up was a bit much in the middle of Jaipur!!!
NOTE: touts at Jaipur train station are VERY aggressive: get a transfer to your hotel wherever it is. The touts were just too much and the station police had to throw them out and tell them to stop hassling us.

Comments