Fatehpura Village, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 303806, India

More about Jaipur

Anokhi Café, JaipurAnokhi Café, Jaipur

Riddhi-Siddhi-Pol, Feb 09Riddhi-Siddhi-Pol, Feb 09

Seen from Nahargarh fortSeen from Nahargarh fort

Marble, mosaics and mirrors in Amber PalaceMarble, mosaics and mirrors in Amber Palace

moving to jaipur

by julescar

I am looking for basic information for my friend who will be moving to Jaipur in about 2 weeks time. He needs to find an apartment, set up an internet service. What is the best internet provider in Jaipur?

RE: moving to jaipur

by DEVAM

hi
the best internet service in jaipur is BSNL and SIFY.
U will get nice speed and no disconnection.
any thing else u wanna know about jaipur
its my pleasure to help u
devam

Travel Tips for Jaipur

Birds

by grets

The chandeliers in the Hall of Public Audiences (Diwan-I-Am) in the Chandra Mahal, are covered up with a cloth in order to protect them from pigeons and other birds. I found this rather amusing, but also very sensible. Shame we couldn't see the chandelier though.

The road between Agra and Jaipur

by georeiser

The main road between Agra and Jaipur has 2 lanes in each direction. It takes you through the countryside where shepherds with their domestic animals walk along the road. The animals can cross the road at any time, so be on your guard.

GPS coordinates:
28° 7' 44.9700" N 77° 19' 48.4900" E

From Jaipur to Delhi by bus

by MalenaN

I decided to take the bus from Jaipur to Dehli as they are frequent and you don’t have to book a ticket in advance. In the morning I took an auto rickshaw from Hotel Pearl Palace to the bus stand as it looked like the rain was going to pour down any minute. The rickshaw was Rs 40 (August 2010).

At the bus stand I was directed to a ticket counter, but as the bus to Dehli just started to move the man behind the counter said go, go and I then bought the ticket on the bus. The ticket to Dehli was Rs 175 and the ride took around 5- 6 hours. It was one of those big regular buses with two seats on one side and three seats on the other side. My backpack could not fit in the narrow shelf above so I had it by my feet. Only for a short while the bus was full, otherwise it was plenty of space the rest of the trip. All the open windows can be a nuisance if it gets too windy and dusty. I had to ask the man in front of me to close his window and so he did and then it was okay. Halfway we stopped for people to eat or buy snacks. Beside the bus there was a row of smelly urinals so waiting near the bus was not an option.

In Delhi the bus stopped along a main road in the south part of Dehli. The auto rickshaw drivers told me they could take me to Paharganj for Rs 250. Well, a few weeks earlier I had taken a taxi from the airport, which was further south, to Paharganj for Rs 225. When I told the drivers about this they changed their price to Rs 200 and then Rs 150. I saw a small traffic police booth 20 metres away and walked over to it even if it looked closed. It turned out there were two men inside eating. They told me to wait a few minutes and then I could pay for a prepaid auto rickshaw as this was one of the prepaid taxi booths. To take an auto rickshaw to Paharganj was Rs 95 (Rs 80 + Rs 10 for baggage + Rs 5 for service).

Fort with breathtaking view

by nupz

Jaigarh Fort is located on the top of the hill, by the name of Cheel ka Teela (Hill of Eagles). Jaigarh Fort is also known as the 'Victory Fort'.It overlooks the mountains,amber fort and lake palace.If you stand under one of the corners you would enjoy the breathtaking view(its really nice watching sun set from here).You will be amazed by the beauty you will see from here.Not only architecture would impress you but the biggest cannon of the world placed in here(known as jaivana)would also keep you engaged.

Shopping Challenges

by Sail2Maine

We heard that Jaipur was the place to buy silks and jewelery and we did but I found the experience frustrating because in the bazaar there are a ton of stalls the majority of which sell cheap fabrics, jewelry, and many other things. While our guide books has some suggestions the street numbering is extremely hard to follow and almost impossible to find a specific store based on its address alone. We didn't have a lot of time which compounded the problem. We ended up finding some lovely things at a couple of the bigger stores in western style complexes but it made me feel like I neither found a best selection or the best prices.

For serious shoppers it is almost imperative to have some local suggestions - particularly since cab drivers often cannot find addresses. If you are staying in a local inn or hotel use them for suggestions so you don't spend all day wandering aimlessly through congested bazaars.

Comments