Shahpura House

Tags

Historical Travel Luxury Travel Arts and Culture
See Amenities
Radiomom's Profile Photo

Yes, this will do quite nicely :-)

by written on October 25, 2014

As our driver approached the hotel, we really liked the neighborhood. When we checked in, we were told our room wasn't quite ready, but we could wait by the pool and have some lunch, if we wanted. We went out to that lovely pool area and seated at a table, and enjoyed a simple lunch. A nice, civil welcome to Jaipur. Our room, a small suite on the top floor, was splendid! Yes, we grinned at each other as we unpacked and cleaned up before meeting our guide and driver for an afternoon tour, this will do QUITE nicely.

The room price, according to Trip Advisor is about $95 avg per night per room-- not per person.

Unique Quality: The hotel roof-top restaurant was quite good, and the floorshow was delightful. We should have eaten here both nights we were in Jaipur! The breakfasts served in the beautiful downstairs dining room(s) were also first rate.

There are wonderful sitting rooms on the main floor and they are decorated wonderfully. If you are only staying one or two nights, be sure to explore these parts of the hotel. If you are staying longer, lucky you!

We walked around the area one morning, as we waited for our driver, and found it to be quite a neat and "posh" neighborhood that isn't touristy at all.

Carino's Profile Photo

Shapura House

by written on May 12, 2007

What a lovely hotel! You feel like in a fairy tail. Every detail of the interiour fits and makes your stay more comfortable.

Unique Quality: The rooms are absolutely great! The four-poster bed is the highlight....

Robert_Hun's Profile Photo

A heritage hotel in a family home

by written on September 10, 2005

I really enjoyed my stay here. The house has a very special atmosphere as it's still functioning as a residence of an ex ruling clan. You feel the history around.

Unique Quality: The house has a beautiful interior (almost like a royal palace), a stylish restaurant with great local food, a pretty little pool and a superb terrace.

Directions: In the Bani Park area near the railway station (1 km)

j-san's Profile Photo

Hotel Shahpura House

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 26, 2003

Felt like a dutchess and so much space!! With a room like this, it's best to just stay in with room service for the evening...

j-san's Profile Photo

Medium sized Haveli turned hotel...

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 26, 2003

Upon enetring my room, I was so thrilled! It was just what I had wanted. Exhilaration soon turned to frustration, as I could not lock my door. I was then shown some other rooms, and would say that none that none were as opulent looking as this. So a member of the staff came with screwdriver and other tools and 15mins later the door was lockable.

Unique Quality: The rest of the evening I spent making the most of it with a long luxurious soak in the bath and cable TV in my lovely bed.

Nearby Shahpura House

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Jaipur Travel Forum

Need advice about Jaipur, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Jaipur and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Jaipur hotel reviews