Sheraton Rajputana

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 26% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Hui-Hui's Profile Photo

Friendly Accommodation

The hotel of red building is close to the shopping and commercial centres. In the atrium there is a swimming pool surrounded by beautiful gardens. As to the rooms, they are of Indian-western style. I was impressed by friendly servers and waiters there. They had passion to welcome and make us in a splendid journey.

Unique Quality: Try the swimming pool in beautiful garden in the morning with birds' singing.

More about Sheraton Rajputana

The Sheraton experience

by TripAdvisor Member Mintum

Sheraton Hotels are known for their Service, Food and Hospitality. And, it all came true at Sheraton Rajputana, Jaipur.

I am frequent traveler to various cities of India and Rajputana is one place I like go back to again and again.

Good Food, Clean and Modern rooms, Big pool makes my stay wonderful in Jaipur. I especially love the lunch buffet at the hotel.

Ok Hotel...would go somewhere else next time

by TripAdvisor Member Gator2000

Sheraton Rajputana does not stack up to it's sister hotels in the ITC portfolio. The rooms are modern and clean on the 1st floor where we were located (Royal Suite). Otherwise, the hotel is older and service leaves something to be desired.

The breakfast is excellent with numerous varities of food.

The hotel is very far from the "pink city" and sight-seeing venues. It is best to hire a car for the day to reach all your destinations.

The hotel does have a car service that is very over-priced but offers great service in an AC car so worth the cost.

I would prefer to stay at another location next time in Jaipur.

Pleasant but dated

by TripAdvisor Member jinUk

We stayed at Rajputana for 3 nights this April whilst doing a tour of Delhi , Agra , Jaipur. We are a family of 4 with our children aged 4 and 6.

We checked in very easily with the staff offering us our welcome drinks. We were personally escorted to our room and were pleasantly surprised that we had been upgraded to a suite.

The room was comfortable and we were provided with an extra bed for our 6 yr old ( only to be charged for it we later found out ). Compared to some of the rooms we had during our tour we found this rather dated with the ' red satin' and 'gold motif' on the curtains / bed and sofa. The carpet had had its fair share of use . However the room was nice and nothing to complain about. We had to contact house keeping only once to turn down the bed, but they attended promptly.

The staff were very pleasant and made every effort to acknowledge the children at every opportunity. The swimming pool lifeguard paid particular attention , as ours were the only children in a mainly adult based hotel.

Breakfast was amazing , with a huge choice of food every morning.

We decided not to use the hotel transport as we realised we would be paying double if not more for the same journey in an auto rickshaw which the children enjoyed.

Both my husband and myself used the health and beauty rooms. I had the uncomfortable experience of receiving a pedicure from a male staff member in the salon who was probably more akin to carrying out mens's beauty treatments. I found him to be quite ' rough' and even though I asked for my toe nails to be painted, he politely refused advising ' it was not a good idea '. My husband on the other hand had a fantastic head massage and pedicure !.

Overall a good hotel, but I would try another one next time.

Wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member cussandotherrants

I stayed here as part of an 8 day trip and tour of India. I loved that the rooms did not have carpeting but marble instead. The room I was in was HUGE. The breakfast buffet was very filling, too, so at the rate I was eating, I needed space... I would definitely stay there again.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KazzaBelgium

We (a family of four) stayed at this Hotel for two nights during the Chirstmas break. We had two connected rooms. This was a great experience.
The Hotel is located close to the center of the city, and in particular to Jaipur Bazaar, allowing access to and from by rickshaw for less than 1 euro! Staff was friendly, helful and check-in/out was speedy. Breakfast buffet was excellent and varied (continental and Indian food), rooms were large and well equipped.
Swimming pool was a lot of pleasure for our two teenage kids.

Gorgeous room

by TripAdvisor Member sladana

My room was the nicest that I had experienced in India. Large plasma TV, automatic music and lights when you walk into the room, lots of marble. Very modern and smart stylings; fine fabrics. Lots of amenities, such as aromatherapy oils.

The restaurant in the lower level, which focused on Northwest/Pakistani food, was excellent. The breakfast was not particularly special though there was a fair quantity and diversity.

The only difficulty was checking out and changing money. There was not enough staff for this to be done in an expeditious manner.

Grand Rajputana

by TripAdvisor Member drakshat

The location and approach is the biggest drawback of the hotel.Otherwise Rooms are superbly done the toilets are very nicely equipped with rain showers .LCD tvs and other accessories are very nice and latest in genre.The staff is very nice and so is room service.
The breakfast buffet is very well spread but the dinner buffet is very low on the content in fact disappointing.
They have dorm for drivers .
A small handicraft market is an added advantage.

The best service I have ever had. The staff are just fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member BrisbaneSuzanne

I stayed at the Sheraton for 15 weeks and the time spent there was just wonderful. The hostesses at the front desk were just wonderful to all of us. They made our stay excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Surender in the buffet was just excellent and the other waiters as well.
Chandra in the bar shared a joke or two with us and his service was unreal. I would recommend anyone to stay there.

The Journey

by SharrieShaw

"Amber Fort"

Many journeys we all have been on.
Some eventful, some sinful, some being made a fool.
In my opinion, this is one of those times.

Nope, we walked ;-)

The journey to AMBER FORT, the most beautiful forts we came across on this trip, was just a short walk (10 mins or so) from the base.

The tourist thing to do is to ride the elephants (really, not even riding it, rather being carried by it ;-)). 10 mins for about Rs. 400?! Forget it!
I'd rather have a pedicure. :-)
India has one of the world's best pedicures.
If you don't believe me, ask Audrey.
She wanted to "import" the pedicurist! I wonder what her husband would say!

"Only 10 rupees"

Audrey made me laughed!
She actually believed what those touts offered.
Forget it, they are quoting US$, not rupees.
Rs. 45 : US$1...

Now, that's the hassle one has to put up with if you were to walk up to Amber Fort.
Other than that, just some tour guides thinking I'm Japanese. No harm in that.
They do speak excellent Japanese though, those Indians :-)
Globalization is great eh?

At the end of the climb, you enter the courtyard.
First thing first. Buy a ticket... NOT postcards!
It's huge inside & lots of places to walk & climb. You won't want to carry anything other than a bottle of mineral water.

There are many parts & sections to the fort.
You need a guidebook.
If you prefer someone to guide you, you can hire one.
I don't like others to "nag" me & direct me as to what sequence I should be seeing, etc, etc, so, I rather bring my own guidebook.
(To make it easier for myself, I usually xerox the section I need for the trip & throw those papers away as soon as I'm done.)

"No palace - the Rajputana Palace Sheraton"

I couldn't find this hotel in VT database.
But this is the hotel we stayed in.

Feels like any Sheraton chain.
Hotel has the usual amenities. Service is normal.

If you are an SPG member, makes sure they remember to record your stay. I have to call SPG to update both my stays with Sheraton in Jaipur & Agra. & keep the receipt until you see your stay recorded!

This is not the ideal hotel to stay in in Jaipur. If possible, get a room at the Rambagh Palace. We had dinner there & were delighted with their service as well as the decor of the hotel. Certainly feels like kings & queens there. Imagine we were the only diners in the entire dining room! We both enjoyed our meal there.

Unique Qualities: There is a good Indian Tandoori Restaurant in the hotel, almost identical to Bukkhara in Delhi. Same decor, same kind of food. Service here is slightly better since the restaurant is not so packed & prices are cheaper as well.

The shopping arcade is quite a good place to get the souvenirs as well. Audrey ended up with some stones. So, if you are into that, check it out. There is also a good English bookstore & that's where you can get stamps for your postcards.

Every night there is a puppet show in the arcade. Remember to check the time for it. We actually missed it because we were in the bookstore!

Comments