Sanjay Marg, Hathroi Fort, Ajmer Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302001, India
Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

More about Sunder Palace Guest House

Nice, clean, value for money

by TripAdvisor Member Wanderer72

I stayed in this hotel with my spouse for our weekend break. I was bit unsure about this hotel as I have always prefered to live in branded star hotels. However, my fears were vanished when I entered into hotel room. It was well maintained, clean, cable TV, good restaurant, good service, personalized service, cheap cost, good locality, quiet area. Overall, we couldnt have asked for anything better.

A paradise in Jaipur

by TripAdvisor Member Peacefrog82

We´ve been there for 3 days just 2 weeks ago. It was definitely the best hotel we had during our trip in Rajasthan. The rooms are super clean, spacious and nice decorated. The food in the rooftop restaurant is great and the view is very nice. The staff is extremely helpful, they could help us with everything (train reservations, where to go....). And the rooms are very cheap for that what you get for! We paid 600 Rs. per night for a double room.
Conclusion: Go there! You won´t regret it!

Claudia and Matthias (Germany)

A good experience

by TripAdvisor Member Nelluda

We came from Agra by car and the hotel was not easy to locate, despite using map from their website. Perhaps detailed written directions could also be given - e.g. 'petrol pump (name) on the corner of main road and guest house is just past the police station, on the left.'

Once we got there, it was excellent. Brilliant value at about A$17 a night. And the owners were so trusting, not even asking us for a deposit in advance. They are very friendly and obliging.

The rooms are spotlessly clean, though bathroom towels are a little small and don't look their best, but hey, bear in mind the room cost.

Free internet as long as you don't monopolise it for too long and a nice roof terrace with veg restaurant serving cheap, delicious food.

If you can't get in at Sunder Palace, try Pearl Palace next door. We checked it out and it seemed equally good and gets awesome reviews on this website.

MUST VISIT Anokhi Museum near Amber Fort.

Loved It!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member carrotLondon

The Sunder Palace was by far the best value and most comfortable hotel we stayed in in India. It beat the five star hotel we stayed in the night before hands down. The staff were wonderful and helpful and the rooms were immaculate and homely. I would highly reccomend this place to anyone staying in Jaipur!! The terrace and roof top restaurant are also a peaceful and tranquil respite after hectic days shopping in Jaipur!

Unbelievable Hidden Jewel in Jaipur

by TripAdvisor Member GBill

I just returned from a week-long stay at the Sunder Palace and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for outstanding value and cleanliness. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff was super-helpful. My luggage was lost for the first 3 days, but carrying an extra change and the quick laundry turn around and cheap price (less than $2 for etire day's laundry) negated the frustration which I would have experienced. The local staff was very helpful in making contacts with the airline company to locate my missing bag. The availability of two computers for internet access and phone for international calls stateside at very reasonable rates made the hotel stay complete. If traveling again, I would not have purchased a reduced travel plan for my cell-phone, but would have utilized the facilities there at the hotel. The restaurant on the roof offers limited space inside, for cold nights or mornings, but it was not a problem while we were there, despite the hotel was sold out. It is a very quaint yet reasonable place to stay.

What a surprise...

by TripAdvisor Member chappardababbar

For the purpose of our stay in Jaipur, I had initially booked the Samode palace for my wife and I. Having decided the Samode was a little far from Jaipur, we cancelled and decided to book in the city itself. Unfortunately practically all the heritage hotels and five star accommodation was fully booked so I made a last minute booking at the Sunder palace on the recommendation of trip advisor. We weren't expecting very much from a budget hotel but to our suprise, we found the best hotel of our trip so far.

The best thing about the hotel is the level of cleanliness. This place is immaculate. It's owned by two brothers and the place has a real light and airy feel which was a stark contrast to the dingy place we were expecting. The rooms are very cute, and the decor is tasteful. The service is outstanding: we had a few issues with travel and booking hotels, food etc. I would say we were quite fussy customers but the staff handled all our requests speedily and to a high standard. Oh yes and the shower was amazing.

Spending money on more expensive accommodation is a complete waste of money. I highly recommend this place.

Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member Holidaylad40

Have rated this place 5/5 based on value for money.

Was met at the airport as promised and delivered safely to hotel. I liked this place as soon as I walked through the front door. The front office was run by father and son(???) and they spoke very good english and were always without fail, super courteous and a wealth of information.

Room was hard to fault, quite large, clean, comfy, and nice bathroom. Cannot recall exactly how much I paid to stay here, but it was less than 1000 rupees a night.

Rooftop restaurant was very good with delicious food and friendly staff. They have internet access at reception area and also international calls can be made from here.

There are some nice general areas such as the great balcony with chairs near my room. The general areas of the hotel were spotlessly clean.

The only 1 gripe I had with this place was that they do not take Visa card. This caused a headache for me. All other hotels I stayed at accepted Visa.

Also, if you was a good, reliable driver, ask for Rafiq at reception, and for a reliable tut tut driver, ask at reception for Ganesha. Both were simply grand.

Graham
AUSTRALIA

It does not get any better!

by TripAdvisor Member Dutchzz

This place is one of those lucky finds we all search for. The price is extremely reasonable; the place is spotless clean; the people are very friendly and quite helpful - they'll go out of their way to make your stay very enjoyable. The location is within easy reach of the sights and city. There is another great food restaurant within walking distance. I would recommend this guest house with pleasure to anyone looking for AAA quality.

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member ultrabert

The Sunder Palace was one of the best valued hotels during our stay in India. We got a huge triple room, with a good bathroom, free and fast internet connection and a good quality restaurant with contained price meals for 650 rp.

The only down is that is pretty far away from the attractions of the city (the Pink City) but this doesn't seem to be a key decision point, since the most of the hotels we saw were in that same area.

I can highly recommend the hotel, and I would happily come back if I went back to Jaipur. About this topic, by the way, I would have my doubts: given the many charms of Rajasthan, I found that Jaipur doesn't have much to offer -except shopping for silver-.

good enough Place but noisy

by TripAdvisor Member Melbourne_rocks

It is good enough place to stay in Jaipur. It is pretty centrally located but a major problem I faced was the noise on the main street which was very disturbing which left we awake till after midnight. My suggestion would be if you want to stay at this place opt for rooms on the backside which should be less of a nuisance.

Like about hotel : Helpful information given by the owner

Dislike about hotel : Traffic on the main street

I hope you understand every thing.

bye