Bhawani Singh Rd, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302005, India

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 59% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• mlbk888's Profile Photo

Stately hotel fit for a King

First Impression - Smartly dressed staff greeted us upon arrival and escorted us to the reception. Check-in was quick and efficient. The lobby is luxuriously appointed evoking memories of India's royal past.

Room - We had a superior room with 2 double beds on the ground floor which opened up to a garden terrace. The spacious room was decorated with antiques and tapestries. Bathroom was luxuriously clad in marble.

Breakfast - You can have it served in your room (on the garden terrace) or in the breakfast room, again overlooking the gardens. On most days that we were there, not more than 4 tables were occupied and each table had its own waiter in attendance. The waiters were extremely attentive ensuring that breakfast was served to our satisfaction.

Unique Quality: Used to be the private residence of Maharaj Sawai Man Singh II of Jaipur, is one of the great palace hotels of India, and member of the Leading Hotels of the World.

Set amidst acres of lands housing a beautifully landscaped garden and putting green.

The fitness centre features an indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and Jacuzzi. Taj Spa offers traditional Indian wellness treatments including ayurvedic treatments in very luxurious environment.

• Hind_S's Profile Photo

I wish I were a handmaiden..

The Rambagh Palace was said to have been built by the queen for her favourite handmaiden.
    Not too shabby.

This is a very grand hotel in every way. The architecture is beautiful and palacial, with water features everywhere, beautifully manicured grounds with ostriches running free.

It's a Taj property so the service is impecable, the rooms are beautiful, comfortable and spotless, and the ammenities are abundant.

I went to Jaipur in the dead of summer 2004..not the time to go.. it was hot hot hot. But when you're in a room with a view and A/C who cares.

The food was pretty good, I enjoyed the restaurant dinner buffet with live sitar music in the background. There was also a traditional dance performance on one night which I only cought the end of, seemed really nice. This was outdoors in a beautiful candle-lit lawn near the bar.

One painful experience was the massage, or as I called it, the massacre of my muscles. I was warned about Indian massages but when I saw the petite masseuse I hadn't a worry. She made me strip down, layed me on a wooden board, and proceeded to beat the crap out of me with a mixture of Indian Spices and oils that lingered in every crevice of my body for a few days. I kept telling her to apply less pressure but the woman was on a mission. My husband had a similar experience so.. just .. beware!

Unique Quality: -Extreme silence and privacy in a place of beauty
    -Helpful hotel staff - they planned our tour of Jaipur
    -Sheer oppulance

• Bjorgvin's Profile Photo

Fit for a king

The Rambagh Palace, Jaipur

Unique Quality: This hotel is indeed a magnificent palace spread over 47 acres of gardens. The former residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur is now a luxury hotel.

More about Taj Rambagh Palace

Samode Haveli 242407
Khasa Kothi 2375151

Definitely no palace!

by Sharrie about Rajputana Palace Sheraton

I couldn't find this hotel in VT database.
But this is the hotel we stayed in.

Feels like any Sheraton chain.
Hotel has the usual amenities. Service is normal.

If you are an SPG member, makes sure they remember to record your stay. I have to call SPG to update both my stays with Sheraton in Jaipur & Agra. & keep the receipt until you see your stay recorded!

This is not the ideal hotel to stay in in Jaipur. If possible, get a room at the Rambagh Palace. We had dinner there & were delighted with their service as well as the decor of the hotel. Certainly feels like kings & queens there. Imagine we were the only diners in the entire dining room! We both enjoyed our meal there. There is a good Indian Tandoori Restaurant in the hotel, almost identical to Bukkhara in Delhi. Same decor, same kind of food. Service here is slightly better since the restaurant is not so packed & prices are cheaper as well.

The shopping arcade is quite a good place to get the souvenirs as well. Audrey ended up with some stones. So, if you are into that, check it out. There is also a good English bookstore & that's where you can get stamps for your postcards.

Every night there is a puppet show in the arcade. Remember to check the time for it. We actually missed it because we were in the bookstore!

So worth the money....

by TripAdvisor Member bizzyella

This was our first trip to India and will probably be our last. We arrived in Jaipur sick from the food in our previous hotel, sick from the relentless air pollution, sick of guides who really only want to guide you to their "special shops;" if you have been to India you know what I mean. As a result, the Rambagh Palace had a lot of ill will to overcome.

They did. If I ever need a break from life, and if I can be airlifted directly to the grounds of the Rambagh Palace, I'll go, with pleasure. The converted maharajah's palace is still set in many acres of beautifully maintained gardens, which provides a significant buffer from Jaipur's exhaust fumes. The room was huge, beautiful and comfortable. It had its own shaded patio. The service and the food in every restaurant was fabulous.

The staff was classy and beyond kind. The young man who showed us to our room insisted upon giving us decongestants (from the hotel, sure, but still) and later asked how they worked. When we happened into a photo shoot in the bar, we were invited to watch and given a glass of champagne. The evening we arrived I was sleepy and sick, so I barely touched dinner. Our waiter offered to replace every dish, so I'd have a meal that suited me; I felt obliged to explain, as if to a host.

They have great shops. To our outside guide's obvious displeasure (if you want a guide, arrange it through the hotel) I stocked up at the Maharani's Benevolent Trust. It offers great value, no kickbacks to the guides and an assurance that 30% of whatever you spend goes directly to the factory workers. All the shops looked wonderful. None of the sales people were pushy.

So. On every basis that I would evaluate a hotel, this place excelled. I only wish I had tried the spa or taken the yoga class. I'm sure I would have raved about that, too.

None better in the unique, deluxe, palace category anywhere

by TripAdvisor Member veteranworldtraveler

after a few days in delhi, we escaped to jaipur, and had a marvelous three day visit at this unique property. having stayed in just about all the top deluxe hotels everywhere, such as the oriental in bangkok, the peninsula in hong kong, the grand hotel in stockholm (i only mention them since i often get the impression that some people writing reviews about deluxe hotels really don't have a clue as to what to expect and what not to expect) etc., i can honestly say that you can't find a better example of a truly deluxe, historic property than the rambagh palace. the history of the place alone is worth the visit, and everything is perfectly maintained and polished without losing any of the historic flavor. we had an outstanding suite, very large and comfortable . the staff could not be better trained or more helpful. you start at the airport with their own airport representative, your driver, and your personal butler waiting for you. the butler inquires as to your interests, offers different services without being pushy, and he or his colleague can be found anytime night and day for anything youi might need. since you really can't wander around trying restaurants, we ate at the hotel exclusively, and the food and service were outstanding. obviously the prices are in line with the category of the property. on our second day the head chef came out and asked if we were happy with everything, and offered to make any special dish that we might like. jaipur is also a great change from delhi, not nearly as much begging or street hassles, and generally very friendly people. the amber fort above the city is a great place to see, although not in great condition. but it's a very exotic city, with elephants, camels and oxen all to be seen along the streets. i could not recommend this hotel more highly, and we are experienced travelers who recognize both good and not so good. i think any visit to northern india should include jaipur, and of course this hotel. if staying there be sure to buy the book "memories of a princess" which is the history of the princess who married the majarajah around 1940 and lived there for decades.

VERY nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member travellerR2007

I didn't stay at the rambagh palace, but did manage to spend a few hours at the hotel one evening having drinks and dinner. From my brief time there, I have the following comments:

1. The hotel appears to provide a true 5 star experience

2. The hotel itself, the rooms, the grounds, etc. are all immaculate and well maintained.

3. The service is amazing. I couldn't believe it when the cleaning staff bowed everytime I walked by!

4. The hotel is not cheap. A meal there will cost you about 5-10X more than you will pay anywhere else. But the ambience DEFINITELY makes it worthwhile!

5. There is an astrologer who provides palm reading, etc. right by the hotel restaurant. He is very reasonably priced considering the hotel surroundings (only Rs. 300... I even tipped him b/c it was such a good rate considering the con artists who proclaim to do the same thing in the main city area). He has 30 years experience and spends a considerable amount of time telling you what you want to know. My friend tried one of the astrologers who was listed in the lonely planet, and he was a complete rip off compared to the man at the Rambagh.

Even if you can't afford to stay at this place, I would definintely recommended going for a meal or a drink.

The Best Hotel of the World !!!!

by TripAdvisor Member xford

This Palace Hotel is simply the Best Hotel in the World. We stayed here for 4 nights a week back. 4 nts is a long stay and one can know in and out of the place in 4 days. Must say, its authentic Palace and utmost luxurious. I stayed in the Historical Suite with my boyfriend and the stay was perfect. Prior to Rambagh, I stayed at Rajvilas and Udaivilas hotel in jaipur and udaipoor but found them fake and uninteresting. You can build such resorts anywhere in the world. However Rambagh is a grand hotel. Better than many Ritz and Aman hotels. The service, professionalism, the staff was amazing. Met the Director-Sales of Rambagh Palace and he gave us a great history session of the Palace.....made us very proud of where we were staying. People are warm and you can trust the Taj since I have stayed with their hotels in past.

Will be going back in Jan. Must visit hotel.

Cheers !!

HOTEL & NIGHT LIFE

by DANIELMUEM

hi everyone,
i am going to be in Jaipur from the 10th - 13th
can anyone reccomend a nice hotel. my budget is usd $20 a night.
The hotel should be centrally located.
IS there any nightlife?
Which is the best way to go to Agra from Jaipur.
I am really exited to c the TAJ MAHAL

Thanks

RE: HOTEL & NIGHT LIFE

by rajat224u

hi there,

you can go jaipur to agra by train, road and air, the night life in jaipur and agra is almost blank, im at jaipur, in jaipur there is some good pubs, one at hotel Rambagh Palace "Steam" this is one of the best. im in jaipur and i also like night life, if you need some company here, contact me.

take care